Quality downgrade to Disney plush

cwoms197

Original Poster
I was at the magic kingdom today and noticed that the quality of the Disney plush sound around Walt Disney world has changed. I got some photos of the current form but don’t have any of the previous versions. Looks like another form of cutting costs.

Attachments

• 2254D1ED-13F4-4414-81A1-56C4E657035F.jpeg
    2254D1ED-13F4-4414-81A1-56C4E657035F.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 574
  • 9A202244-38C7-4645-AF96-F1E0710425E8.jpeg
    9A202244-38C7-4645-AF96-F1E0710425E8.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 588

jbolen2

I’m son has mickeys, one from the trip Jan 17 and one dec 17. The one from Jan 17 looks like the cheaper ones you picture vs the one from this last dec. I thought it was odd to see the nicer plush come back. It could be a supply deal as to what they have to put out quality wise.

TinkerBelle8878

None of the duck plush ever looked right, be it Donald, Daisy or even Scrooge McDuck. The bill is always messed up. But is this at all a surprise about the quality? First, they stopped making all the different characters and just basically dumbed it down to the main 'five' and the hot movie/promo toys. The quality of everything else has gone down why would they stop at plush? It might be better quality at the actual Disney Stores. A few years back I'd gotten a Sully plush for my nephew at Disney Store and he'd also gotten one from WDW missing his 'home' Sully on a family trip. Not only was the Disney store version bigger (which was probably why it wasn't packed to take on vacay) but it also was a much better quality. I don't think it was the difference in when it was purchased but where. The WDW one looks like an off brand one.

Mainahman

We just got back and the trip before that was in 2012. I really only pay attention to fignent plush, as I always feel like I want one, and always forget. There was a significant size and quality difference I noticed from the 2012 trip to the 2018 trip.

Inspired Figment

Speaking of plush... not really on topic with the quality downgrade. But, a couple things that have always irritated me in regards to plush is the fact they don’t sell any of the Country Bears in plush form (yet Tokyo does), neither do they sell Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Fox, or Br’er Fox at the Splash Mountain gift shop. Instead, they sell Thumper, a generic bear, and a generic fox. I can’t be the only one who finds that ridiculous, right? Shouldn’t they realize they’d be making more profit if they made more merchandise of the Parks characters? Just look at how much Figment and Orange Bird merchandise makes alone?? Ya know.

Inspired Figment

Oh yeah, and another thing that bugs me. You notice how the Pooh and Friends plush toys are all Kawaii/Chibi style now?? What’s wrong with the regular character designs or the option for either one?? Doesn’t make any sense to me

Last edited:

mattdenine

Speaking of plush... not really on topic with the quality downgrade. But, a couple things that have always irritated me in regards to plush is the fact they don’t sell any of the Country Bears in plush form (yet Tokyo does), neither do they sell Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Fox, or Br’er Fox at the Splash Mountain gift shop. Instead, they sell Thumper, a generic bear, and a generic fox. I can’t be the only one who finds that ridiculous, right? Shouldn’t they realize they’d be making more profit if they made more merchandise of the Parks characters? Just look at how much Figment and Orange Bird merchandise makes alone?? Ya know.

There's not enough Splash Mountain merchandise Period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom