News Tomorrowland love

Princess Leia

The wall actually needed a new coat of paint when I was there in November, it was looking a little rough at the bottom.

Exhibit A:
E43A1D7E-F164-4F0F-BC4D-DBE4B9FAF0C5.jpeg

Wall was dirty, and definitely had chipped in a couple places. A new coat of paint would be welcome.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Purple Wall is one of those fun things that happened organically. We'll have to wait and see, but usually those fun organic things lose their luster once they stop being organic (AKA, Disney trying to make it more of a thing).
I was going to say the same thing. 15 years ago it was an interesting little thing for those in the know, but as soon as you start trying to force it on people and make it into something, it loses its appeal.

Along with new paint there will also be some kind of interactive element. So I’d imagine it will be some type of social media setup.

JoeCamel

I was going to say the same thing. 15 years ago it was an interesting little thing for those in the know, but as soon as you start trying to force it on people and make it into something, it loses its appeal.

Along with new paint there will also be some kind of interactive element. So I’d imagine it will be some type of social media setup.
If they would just put up a merch kiosk (sunglasses anyone?) at the wall that would count as an "enhancement" in TDO's eyes.

No Name

The outside of my bowling alley has a purple wall too. These people have a freaking castle and oxygen dome a few feet away yet they're taking pictures in front of a basic wall. And there are so many other photogenic spots that are at least unique to the park. I use Instagram and I can see how it started, but I think it's kind of stupid nonetheless.

Do they have photopass photographers stationed there?

raymusiccity

Rumor that it's going to transition to a Purple-Dabbing-Meet & Greet!
IMG_2283.JPG

NiarrNDisney

Yeah but that, and people wanting to pose in front of nice backgrounds for photos and portraits are not the same thing.
I realize that and if you read my other posts you will see I was asking whats the deal with the whole fascination of taking selfies of oneself (not a family or group) in front of a colorful wall. I said it seems like a strange fad to me probably connected to Instagram or something.
Frankly I dont get taking a million selfies of oneself in general and I find it to be a gross narcissistic obsession. I am glad Disney doesnt allow selfie sticks in their parks! Whats so hard about asking a friendly bystander or CM to take a picture of you and/or a group. People used to be neighborly, greet and talk to one another we are getting as a whole to caught up in our phones and social media and forgetting to be social.
Sorry I'm ranting now, I will get off my soap box!

Last edited:

TwilightZone

People used to be neighborly, greet and talk to one another we are getting as a whole to caught up in our phones and social media and forgetting to be social.
Sorry I will get off my soap box
People are still social. Trust me, I know, I'm in the age group. Really people are social in a different way now, they both interact and talk in person and on social media at the same time.
Now please can we stop the whole people are no longer social thing!?
Thank you, this has been a psa from a non-social media, but still in the age group person.

NiarrNDisney

People are still social. Trust me, I know, I'm in the age group. Really people are social in a different way now, they both interact and talk in person and on social media at the same time.
Now please can we stop the whole people are no longer social thing!?
Thank you, this has been a psa from a non-social media, but still in the age group person.

Im in my 30's so I see both sides of it! However I come from a different cloth and I prefer to interact with family, friends and acquaintances out and about and in person. I use my social media mostly to keep in touch with friends and family that are far away or for work.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom