Purchasing tickets and receiving Magic Bands?

Exomonia

Original Poster
I have a quick question! I'll be arriving on December 7 and am interested in getting the Magic Bands. However, I have not purchased tickets yet online (I live overseas). When I went to buy tickets, it said International shipping was $25 and the tickets would arrive by October 16. Does this mean that I will be receiving normal tickets instead? Or will I get to have Magic Bands sent out at a later date potentially? For those who have received Magic Bands, did you have normal tickets sent out first? Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are you staying at a Disney resort? That is currently the only way of getting a MagicBand.

Exomonia

Original Poster
Yep, i'm staying at a Disney resort :) just wondering if I did need to purchase tickets first to be given the Magic Bands/ FastPass+ options, or whether that option may appear later with the reservation.

Rob562

Right now no Guests with arrivals in December are being offered Magic Bands. That may change, it may not. There's a lot of conflicting info swirling around.

Most reports from recent tests are that Guests are being offered Magic Bands even if they don't have tickets associated with their profiles. But, if you *do* get offered Bands and want to pre-arrange your FP+ times before you arrive, you'll need tickets associated with every person's profile online. (You also can choose the free Will Call option rather than pay to have them shipped internationally)

-Rob

dreamfinder

OP, do you have a particular reason to buying your tickets online through Disney? Unless they offer a particular type of ticket to residents of your country they cost the same as buying them at the parks, and you wouldn't have to pay shipping.
You won't get bands sent until you have the option to customize them through MDE, and choose to do so. If you don't have the option, they may not be "testing" them at that time, or if you don't do it in time you would receive them upon check in. Although I believe I had seen that international guests were only getting them on check in. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Most reports from recent tests are that Guests are being offered Magic Bands even if they don't have tickets associated with their profiles.

Our trip last week we received our Magic Bands before I had purchased tickets, never mind adding them to our profiles.

Weather_Lady

I talked to a CM today asking a similar question. She said that things are rather "up in the air" about Magic Bands between now and the end of 2013, but if you are staying on Disney property and are not part of a test (meaning, you'd get them in the mail a couple of weeks before your travel), you can ask for them at check-in.

She did assure me that since we are not visiting until May 2014, we would be getting Magic Bands in the mail in March or early April, and that if we didn't, I should call to inquire.

Of course, all of this may change -- 100 times -- between now and then. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom