purchasing "discounted" tickets

Club34

so i joined mousesavers newsletter. i like the site its very informative and the lady seems to have her stuff together. she indicated to join the newsletter to get "special" discount links from undercovertourist that were not on their regular website. so i get my first newsletter and i head to the link and its the same price. so heres the breakdown...

wdw rack for 9 day park hopper= $310 per adult
undercovertourist= $297
the cheapist ive seen anywhere= $285

so the 2 questions i have are:

1. do i have the undercovertourist thing right? theyre just pulling our chain about special discounts?

2. has anyone seen cheaper than $285?

thanks and have a good day.

DisneyJoe

You should compare apples to apples - since I don't see 9-day tickets anywhere on undercovertourist site.....

Let me use the 10 -day:

- Disney - 10-day park hopper - $314.18

- Undercovertourist via MouseSavers link - $297.95

- Undercovertourist without MouseSavers link - $300.95

You probably didn't clear your browser cookies (in other words, following the link set a cookie so that you would always get the MouseSavers rate until the cookie was cleared or expired).

Upvote 0

Club34

Original Poster
Thanks Joe. i was thinking what you posted so thanks for confirming. i guess i was just hoping for a "deal of a lifetime" or something.

so i guess my second question still stands...anyone seen a 10 day park hopper for less than $285? :shrug:

i know we'll probably get a sweet package deal (i go in january so wdw is always looking to fill that period just before presidents day) but in case i dont i want to piece meal my own sweet deal if possible.

i would always just take what the mouse was giving for the past 10 years of trips just for the sake of ease and convenience. i cringe to think how much money i could of saved if i shopped around or did a diy package. o well. :brick: this is a fun lil carrot to keep me going til i actually leave.

enjoy the rest of your stay.

Upvote 0

ewensell3

Thanks Joe. i was thinking what you posted so thanks for confirming. i guess i was just hoping for a "deal of a lifetime" or something.

so i guess my second question still stands...anyone seen a 10 day park hopper for less than $285? :shrug:

Undercover Tourist prices include tax and they provide free shipping to continental US addresses. Does your $285 price include tax and shipping?

I can get 10-day Park Hoppers for $280 through a work-related discount program. However, after taxes (and choosing free "Pick up in Orlando" option) it comes to $298. To have them shipped to my home so I can hold them ahead of time adds another $9.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I just used the mousesavers link for undercover tourist in July. It ended up saving around $40 a ticket. Which can be a really significant savings. When I first looked I thought the same as you, hardly any savings. But then I added in the tax on the tix direct from disney, and the savings became apparent. I definitely recommend using Undercover Tourist through the Mousesavers link.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I just used the mousesavers link for undercover tourist in July. It ended up saving around $40 a ticket. Which can be a really significant savings. When I first looked I thought the same as you, hardly any savings. But then I added in the tax on the tix direct from disney, and the savings became apparent. I definitely recommend using Undercover Tourist through the Mousesavers link.

The prices I listed above all include tax; they don't include shipping.

Upvote 0

Club34

Original Poster
the $285 deal i found was from orlandofuntickets.com and disneycheaptickets.com. i think tax and shipping were included but i will go back and check.

thanks.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Hey folks,

I recently added shipping costs to the Unofficial Guide's Least Expensive Ticket Calculator, and it already included taxes. That should tell you what you're looking for.

I've not dealt with DisneyCheapTickets.com, but let me know your experience if you do.

Len

Upvote 0

ewensell3

Yes totally legit. Just used them, great experience.

Second. I used Undercover Tourist last February. I liked their free shipping as opposed to picking up tickets in Orlando. They will also refund unused tickets so long as they are still in the original wrapping. So, do not break the seal until you are on property.

I have also purchased through TicketsAtWork. Your employer has to be signed up with them to get their discounts. While I didn't get tickets for our upcoming trip (UC was cheaper), they did have an excellent offsite hotel deal which we are taking advantage of.

As always, shop around and be sure to get the total price (tax + "processing fees" + shipping, if applicable) when making the comparison.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom