Publix is Great!

SqueakyMouse

Original Poster
The Publix grocery store near the Gaylord Palms is fantastic. During our trip a couple of weeks ago, dh ventured forth on a Thursday morning around 8 am. He experienced NO traffic and no lines. Prices were as good (sometimes better) as at home. He was even able to pick-up another umbrella stroller...for less than $13!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
"Publix, where shopping is a pleasure."

I actually have a set of the Publix Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers. If Publix isn't in your area, you won't know what I'm talking about.

Number_6

The Mom said:
"Publix, where shopping is a pleasure."

I actually have a set of the Publix Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers. If Publix isn't in your area, you won't know what I'm talking about.

And your kids can get their picture taken with the Publix Pilgrims for a mere $2 on whatever day they are visiting your local Publix. I think its the 19th for mine.

maharet97a

Grocery shopping at Publix is one of the things I miss most, being stuck out here in the desert. They always have the best fresh foods (at least the one in our South Georgia hometown did). It always felt like you were shopping in an upscale or gourmet market, but without the inflated prices. Plus if you're a white wine or champagne drinker, they used to have rapid coolers where you could stick a bottle you wanted to buy to be chilled while you were shopping. That would be nice for a romantic night in at your resort (if they still have them).

DisneySam

I love the Publix! As a former Florida resident...I miss them! LOL.
PS: We too have the Pilgrim Salt and Pepper Shakers

orioleinflorida

Publix

That is one of the reasons why we decided to rent a condo for our trip .
With great stores around we can shop and cook to save a little cash .
Then we can have a really nice dinner at one of the parks with the cash we save .

28 Days till Disney !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

The Mom

Premium Member
Was anyone else amazed when Dateline (I think) rated supermarkets on cleanliness, and Publix ranked lower than Food Lion and Winn-Dixie? That certainly contradicts my experience!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The Mom said:
Was anyone else amazed when Dateline (I think) rated supermarkets on cleanliness, and Publix ranked lower than Food Lion and Winn-Dixie? That certainly contradicts my experience!
they probably picked an older Publix location in the middle of the South Florida Ghetto.. :(

GymLeaderPhil

The Mom said:
Well Dateline hardly devotes time to a scientific study for any story. My Publix is thirteen years old and, while it will be closing soon and moving to a new location, it still looks as bright as it did when it opened. It would be an odd sight not to see our restrooms being checked every twenty minutes and a full sweep of the store every three hours.

Littlebit

We like Publix. Not that we have much of a choice...our local Kash & Karry closed 2 years ago. Then our local Winn-Dixie closed last year. That leaves us with Super Target (OK for 'stuff' but I don't like their grocery dep't), Walmart (I refuse to give them my business), Albertson's (not clean, unfriendly employees, "fresh" meat that is turning GRAY) and Publix. So it's a good thing that we like Publix! (grin)

magicofdisney

We love having access to that Publix by the Gaylord! In my city, there's practically a Publix on every corner. And I'm not complaining. Their store cleanliness alone puts all other grocery stores in town to shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom