Public Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
For those who go to read the thread about the disney article that went to chaos before it got closed, this is for you.

Because of the thread closing I did not get to say what I wanted to say in reply to the comments about myself. I am not looking for comments unless they are , well, ones that will not close this thread.

I would like to let you guys know I sent the woman a lengthy apology e~mail telling her about how I was in the wrong. The thing is is that I can easily get heated up over things but in my honest opinion I think my original letter to her was WAY more appropriate than some others who were saying she should curl up and die or even have her kids taken from her.

I made the mistake of posting my email to you all. What I don't get is why those of you who got so heated up at me (and yes some of you were rude) are doing the same thing to me that I did to her :shrug:. Doesn't make much sense does it? I will admit I was fully wrong. I probably don't even have a right to even post THIS, but it bothered me knowing that I embaressed some of you (Im sorry about that) and Im sorry that my lack of control spiraled creating the result of a closed thread.

I know some of you won't accept my apology (as there is always some of you out there...maybe all), but at least I got to say what I wanted and Im just glad I did (so far until I get comments :eek:)

~Leash

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I didn't jump into the other thread, there was way too much going on there that I didn't agree with.

I'm not criticizing that you want to have your say, but functionally you're re-opening a thread that was closed. It's sometimes better to let sleeping dogs lie.

To the extent that you do demonstrate remorse, apology accepted by at least one member. :D

devoy1701

I accept too!

I feel bad for the columnist though. She emailed me back this afternoon and thanked me for my kind words! ( I really did get a kick out of her second article). But she did say she doesn't think she'll risk a second trip back to Disney World.

I feel like all of the people who criticized her really stole something special from her and her kids.

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
MontyMon, I understand that. Sometimes you just need to say what you have to say. Normally I would just let things pass but since most of those posts were directed to me and since my heart has been beating ferouciously for over an hour I just needed some closure myself (severe anxiety disorder is not fun to live with). I honestly don't want to make a bad name for myself because I know that what I showed in that thread is not me AT ALL as a person. I just hope some of you can see that.

~Leash

P.S. Thank you two

tooltime

apology accepted.

i am not commenting on what you may have meant but only am thinking of the times i have written something other than what i meant.

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
Im not commenting on what thread it was (ill leave that up to someone else if they wish). This thread is for those of you who had the chance to read it and who saw it to the end. Im here for an apology not to bring up a closed thread again (it was closed for a reason)

~Leash

mousefan1972

Alishamisha: I just read the entire closed thread, including your posts. I also checked your public profile and saw that you are 18 years old. If there is one lesson that I learned when I was in college (and not till I was about 21 years of age or so) it's this.... think, think, and think some more, then say what's on your mind. (or write, in this case). Trust me, from someone who used to speak before thinking quite a bit, you can save yourself a whole lotta trouble by taking a deep breath and thinking about what you want to say before you say it. ;)

Nemo14

Alisha - first of all, apology accepted. Secondly, I hope you understand that I pointed out the spelling/usage mistakes to you to make a point. I think you got that. Thanks for taking the time to apologize. :kiss:

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
Alishamisha: I just read the entire closed thread, including your posts. I also checked your public profile and saw that you are 18 years old. If there is one lesson that I learned when I was in college (and not till I was about 21 years of age or so) it's this.... think, think, and think some more, then say what's on your mind. (or write, in this case). Trust me, from someone who used to speak before thinking quite a bit, you can save yourself a whole lotta trouble by taking a deep breath and thinking about what you want to say before you say it. ;)

Honestly, That meant alot to me.

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
Alisha - first of all, apology accepted. Secondly, I hope you understand that I pointed out the spelling/usage mistakes to you to make a point. I think you got that. Thanks for taking the time to apologize. :kiss:

I wasn't refering to you at all when I was talking about people being rude and stuff. I actually liked your post...brought me down to earth again. :animwink:

Thank you all for accepting

~Leash

LuLaSue

Cause I'm bored and feel like reading something that was obviously interesting? Why do you care?

Being bored is never a reason and rude is not a reason. Let's try and remember these are friendly forums. Let the OP make their apology and leave it alone. Thank you.

mouselvrmom

Alisha, I had read the thread that was closed and was a little surprised how heated it got. I think it is very mature of you to step up and apologize. I think that we have all had moments where we may have said something without thinking that we regret later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom