Psychic in Salem knows all!

DisneyFreak529

Original Poster
So my mother & sister in laws & I went to Salem! It was soo much fun. My sister in law & I saw a psychic! She described my husband to a tee, she knew I was going to florida & she told me that I will have a baby boy with in two years.

All she had on here was a deck of cards & our dates of brith. To weird, her place had a warm feeling to it, you felt a home there. It was a peaceful little office with flowers everwere and a little dog. She had a nice little desk with just the cards & a note pad so you could take notes.

Erika

I don't know that I believe in that, but I still would NOT want to know :lol:

My husband's cousin met one at a party once, and the person told her that she'd die in a horrible car accident! :eek: Now who wants THAT hanging over her head???

rainfully

I saw a psychic at a party once and she said some pretty crazy things... very specifically she randomly said "Florida is very important to you and I see you there" :eek:

tigsmom

rainfully said:
I saw a psychic at a party once and she said some pretty crazy things... very specifically she randomly said "Florida is very important to you and I see you there" :eek:

And you've never been, right? :lookaroun

I went to one once, described some things very accurately, others she was way off the mark.

stranger

Erika said:
I don't know that I believe in that, but I still would NOT want to know :lol:

My husband's cousin met one at a party once, and the person told her that she'd die in a horrible car accident! :eek: Now who wants THAT hanging over her head???

I went to a palm reader a month ago, and she told me that I was not meant to live a long life. It's a good thing I don't believe in fortune telling. :lookaroun

I talked to a psychic who said I was gonna marry my boyfriend and we'd have 2 kids (and I don't want children AT ALL).

We broke up a month later and I still want my $15 back :mad:

tigsmom

HotPinkMidNite said:
I talked to a psychic who said I was gonna marry my boyfriend and we'd have 2 kids (and I don't want children AT ALL).

We broke up a month later and I still want my $15 back :mad:

Did she say it was that particular boyfriend? :lookaroun

tigsmom said:
Did she say it was that particular boyfriend? :lookaroun

Yeah, after I told her I had one and told her that we probably were not gonna get married :brick:

Such is my luck. I'm always getting suckerd into these things and they always end up costing me money :mad:

Erika

Does anybody know Stephnie Weir from MAD tv?

A few years back we saw a skit she did as part of Chicago's Second City cast about a psychic. She sat alone on stage with a cigarette and began to do a group reading-- leading the crowd "name begins with G..." and really she was quite good at grasping the slightest hint of information, and using it to her advantage. I am sure it was an eye-opener for some people.

To clarify, I'm not saying all psychics are frauds or even that most of them are frauds- I can't possibly know that. And honestly I don't care enough to look into it. But to this day I think of Stephnie Weir every time we pass a psychic house. :lol:

I just did a quick search and it looks like she's brought that same idea to MAD.. good stuff http://www.planetmadtv.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=5654

cherrynegra

"I see your true love is perhaps a lawyer or someone that works in the legal field...SHE will have some sort of connection to the law." :rolleyes:

This after I told her I was a court reporter. I didn't have the heart to break the bad news about the "she" part of the prediction.

Erika

cherrynegra said:
"I see your true love is perhaps a lawyer or someone that works in the legal field...SHE will have some sort of connection to the law." :rolleyes:

This after I told her I was a court reporter. I didn't have the heart to break the bad news about the "she" part of the prediction.

:lol: Crash and burn

TAC

I've never heard of any phychic winning the lottery.

It's been proven that if you give a phychic false information, they will give you bogus information. What phychics do is "lead you on." You provide them with certain info that they use "against" you. They go by names that are most common or most popular, and then base other "predictions" around other common knowledge, or worse yet, information that you gave them. You know, to "help them get a better reading" for you.

dandaman

From a Family Guy episode:

Psychic: I'm sensing that your name begins with... A.

Peter: No.

Psychic: B?

Peter: No.

Psychic: C D E F G H I J K L M N O P

Peter: Yeah, that's it! Peter! Peter Griffin!

Psychic: Is your name Peter Griffin?

Peter. WOW. You are some kinda psychic.

:lol:

LilDucky

Ok.... when I first read this title... I thought of Celeste on Days of our Lives. *sigh* :eek: :lookaroun

And Erika, I do know Stephanie Weir is... she does a hilarious impersonation of Ana Nicole! :lol:

Not For Sale

There's a series on the Showtime network that debunks various things (one episode was about psychics). I don't think I should give out any more information about the show since it is excessive in language and sometimes there is nudity. If you want to see it, go ahead and look for it, but I warned you.

cherrynegra

Not For Sale said:
There's a series on the Showtime network that debunks various things (one episode was about psychics). I don't think I should give out any more information about the show since it is excessive in language and sometimes there is nudity. If you want to see it, go ahead and look for it, but I warned you.

You don't say....**whips out paper and pen**...and what was the name of this show again? :lookaroun

Number_6

Keep in mind that while there are alot of frauds out there, there are also those that do have a gift for actual pre-cognition. I've seen enough odd occurrances and unusual phenomena that I would never rule out the possibility of psychic powers, but the majority of people that charge money for those services are the ones that only have a gift for show and not for seeing. And if you ever see a OUIJA board near them, go the other way. Those things can be alot of trouble for anyone, especially people that don't really know what they are doing.

mousebymarriage

O.K. I'm not saying I believe in that kind of stuff but, about 15 years or so ago a woman who worked with my best friends mother had a rep. for "seeing things". My friend and I were curious so we went and saw her. She did not charge us anything and all we had to do was sit in a chair next to her and hold her hand(one at a time). The woman knew some crazy stuff, things even my best friend didn't know. After she was done she looked very seriously at me and said "I know you do not always wear a seat belt but, you MUST wear one all the time!" I'm thinkin' "duh, I'm 18 no ____*t i don't wear a seatbelt all the time!" She looked at me again and said" I'm serious, wear the seat belt because there is going to be a very , very serious accident within the next few years!"

Sure enough, when I was 20 years old I was in a bad car accident on RTE.46( a highway near my home). My car was the 4th out of 6 in this accident, it was a horrible chain reaction with the car directly behind me ending up on it's side against the concrete divider. The driver of that car was seriuosly hurt( head injury, broken nose ,really banged up) she had no seat belt on. Because of the "psychic" I saw a few years earlier I was wearing my seat belt and received only minor injuries(a bump on the head, sprained neck and back, and a huge bruise across my chest from where the seat belt was). I guess that warning may have saved my life so, maybe I'm a little bit of a believer!

Shaman

Number_6 said:
Keep in mind that while there are alot of frauds out there, there are also those that do have a gift for actual pre-cognition. I've seen enough odd occurrances and unusual phenomena that I would never rule out the possibility of psychic powers, but the majority of people that charge money for those services are the ones that only have a gift for show and not for seeing. And if you ever see a OUIJA board near them, go the other way. Those things can be alot of trouble for anyone, especially people that don't really know what they are doing.

I agree.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom