PS 7.0 Price and question(s)--> NowInc., please read!

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
1) How much is it generally (in stores and online)

2) How much more does it offer over ps 6.0?

3) Can it be bought in stores like circute city, or do i have to go to specialty stores (I hate when companies do that... lol).

4) Why arn't ya on anymore Now? Have you changed names or something? If so, what is it so I can chat with ya... :'( .

:brick:

NowInc

If you legally own PS6 you can get the upgrade to PS7 for under 300 bucks....

If you want to buy the FULL from scratch..its gunna cost you around 600 or so.

Here::

http://zdnetshopper.cnet.com/shopping/resellers/0-4773334-1411-8918085.html

I have seen it for sale at best buy before..but most of the time you have to go thru a special distributor..or directly from adobe.

In MY opinion PS7 is very worth the cost...since i know how to use it (wacom tablet and all)...however...a lot of people seem to think that you can do ANYTHING with photoshop if you have it..this is totally not the case. You can do MOST of the same things with any other standard art program as long as you take the time to learn it. GIMP (free) is very powerfull..has almost identical useability to PS....Paint shop pro (not free..but much cheaper than photoshop) is also one of the top programs out there for photoediting...

I say save your money...get GIMP and use that..granted you wont have the plugins you can yank for photoshop (tho you really shouldnt use those anyway)...but you will get a good feel for how the tools work...when you get more confortable with that..then you can look into photoshop....

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
thankx man...

I am considerring getting it... that is only if I don't get it for my birthday. I have several rich people in my family that promised to get me a few of the more expensive items that I wanted for my 16th birthday (that I couldn't afford)... so hopefully I will get ps 7 for my 16th b-day!

Here's to hopeing! *tost*

Main Street USA

Weeeeee Hoooooooo! New Photoshop!

I actually still use 6.0. Haven't come across anything that it can't do yet (well, past what I expect it to do of course).

DCA Fan

I use 5.0, but haven't got around to getting the upgrade. I don't mind. The program works great.

Shouldn't this me in the Troubleshooting and Tips section?

MrPromey

Originally posted by DCA Fan
I use 5.0, but haven't got around to getting the upgrade. I don't mind. The program works great.

Shouldn't this me in the Troubleshooting and Tips section?

Nope, troubleshooting is for help relating to the forum. If you look through here, you’ll see a few things about Photoshop… And unless you start having trouble with your computer it should always work fine for you. :) You don’t ever miss the new features till you start to use them and then have them taken away… There are a few new tools in Photoshop that I just LOVE… and could save me hours at work if only I could convince them to upgrade… Unfortunately they keep wining about stability and output… By the time they are ready to upgrade to the next version of anything, a version beyond that’s right around the corner… In face, less than two weeks after we upgraded to Illustrator 8, they came out with Illustrator 9 and even though we were given free lisences for 9 because of the close purchase date, we are still using 8 today even though 10 is now available :( They say, there are two many problems with the 9 and 10 formats… I’ve never had problems with either of them at home but… I’m getting WAY off topic here. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom