Proving a Disney Cruise is not just for families?

jaklgreen

Generally yes.

What tends to aggravate my motion sickness more than anything is moment without any point of reference that you can get when you cant see the horizon.

Having a lower level stateroom can help as well.

Now I was the opposite. My first and second cruise, I could not look out at the waves. I had to focus on anything other then the outside. So as long as I was inside the ship and not looking at the moving waves, I was fine. You get sick when your eyes see something and you body is telling you something different. I did not feel the motion but if I looked out and saw the motion, that is what messed me up. That is what a lot of other people have said to me too. It got better on my second cruise and by my third cruise it was not an issue anymore. I got my sea legs. Now I love cruising and it is the best nights sleep I get when we are cruising at a good clip and the ship is moving.

NelleBelle

IS a verandah good for sea sickness? I feel like that is the only thing that might plague us, where weve never cruised, and i wanted a verandah for the romance of watching sunsets, but if it also helps with fresh air in the room, thats just a bonus.
My DH tends to think it helps him. One cruise, it was fairly stormy with very large swells (I'll leave out how big the swells were) but DH stayed out on the veranda despite all the wind and rain because "it helped" him. He's also one of those men who doesn't like to take any medication unless he absolutely feels he's "dying." :rolleyes: Drives me crazy but I'm not going to argue with having a veranda for a stateroom either! I only tend to feel the ship when we've first set sail out of Port Canaveral that first evening and then I'm over it (I only notice my appetite's a little off). We tend to always be on deck 8. Also, if you tend to be more midship, it's supposed to help minimize sea sickness as well. Our first cruise we were midship but subsequent cruises we've been more forward, right next to the forward elevators and now that's my favorite place, starboard side.

Phonedave

IS a verandah good for sea sickness? I feel like that is the only thing that might plague us, where weve never cruised, and i wanted a verandah for the romance of watching sunsets, but if it also helps with fresh air in the room, thats just a bonus.

I don't get seasick, but my wife does, and the fresh air does help her. Seabands help her too - but that's just her.

Remember that depending what direction the ship is going, your balcony may or may not face the setting sun.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom