Protestors Pop the Disney/NBA Bubble?

ImperfectPixie

I took the meme to be celebrating Trump rather than insulting him. It seems to have been created by, and directed at, those who regard Rittenhouse’s actions as justified, even commendable.

I don’t agree that memes should be based in fact—satire and mockery are part of the genre—though I don’t like those that are slanderous (e.g., by implying that Biden is a paedophile) or just callous (e.g., by deriding Biden for his supposed senility).
I meant to quote you in my above comment. :)

LittleBuford

Advertisement
I LOVE memes...but when it comes to political figures, unless it's an obvious joke, I think we run the risk of contributing to people forming opinions based on false information...which isn't a smart move, but we're seeing that happen ALL OVER the country. These are just my opinions...I don't judge anyone who posts a meme that doesn't match them.

ETA: Yeah, I knew it was meant to flatter Trump.

Even when they are obvious jokes—a patently photoshopped image of Biden behind a crying piccolo player, for example—people are apt to take them as reliable. Fake news is the scourge of our time.

draybook

Did I say anyone here has made him a hero? But there are plenty of people, as I posted before that think he is.

Should we get into the stats of a home with a gun vs without and see which house you have a better chance of dying in?

You can do what you like. I was pointing out his erroneous statistics regarding being killed by police.

Laketravis

Even when they are obvious jokes—a patently photoshopped image of Biden behind a crying piccolo player, for example—people are apt to take them as reliable. Fake news is the scourge of our time.

That's their problem if they are so foolishly naive that they can't recognize an obvious joke when they see one.

Laketravis

You have to admit though...it IS a problem that there are large numbers of people who wouldn't recognize sarcasm, made up quotes, photoshopped images, etc. etc. and will buy into almost anything they see.

Then that is the core problem, not the meme's themselves. If we have devolved to the point of Idiocracy where mass numbers of people can't recognize an "obvious joke" when they see one, we are in big trouble.

aw14

Did I say anyone here has made him a hero? But there are plenty of people, as I posted before that think he is.

Should we get into the stats of a home with a gun vs without and see which house you have a better chance of dying in?
I thought nobody was trying to make him a hero, no?
So when @draybook posts a meme that means he intends to create a hero?

Fact is, you posted that people view him as a hero on a forum where that hasn't occurred. Maybe next time specify your intent.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
It's way higher than 1 in 1000. It's literally around a 0.00671% chance of dying by police. And if you think an armed felon isn't a threat, you're living on another planet.

I don't understand the point you're going with in regards to your stats. The article literally says 1 in 1000. You're saying .006 change so it should be 6 in 1000?

Police didn't know he was a felon. Armed, apparently, yes. Felon? No.

An armed felon is against the law. Not worthy of a death sentence when running away.

Club Cooloholic

So when @draybook posts a meme that means he intends to create a hero?

Fact is, you posted that people view him as a hero on a forum where that hasn't occurred. Maybe next time specify your intent.
Wow...you are so drilled into arguing with me you are making stuff up or not reading what I wrote. I never mentioned drey, and I believe I said the opposite and even capitalized it.
For reference, please point out where I say memebers of this board were making him a hero?
We can argue defense or whatever, but I have read comments ON OTHER sites that have made this kid a hero, and saying they wish he shot more. Disgusting. Fortunately, and I will be honest there are threads like this where I don't see every comment so maybe I missed it but I have not seen him lionized on here yet.

ImperfectPixie

Wow...you are so drilled into arguing with me you are making stuff up or not reading what I wrote. I never mentioned drey, and I believe I said the opposite and even capitalized it.
For reference, please point out where I say memebers of this board were making him a hero?
I was flipping back and forth between pages, because I was pretty sure you said no one on these forums had called him a hero.

natatomic

Case in point, I shared a meme after hurricane Irma that showed the WonderWorks building on I-drive. You know, the building that’s “upside down” and crooked? The meme said something (don’t remember exact words now) implying the hurricane actually flipped an entire building upside down. My father - who, admittedly, is an idiot - freaked out and panicked thinking it was real and shared it on his page to show the “hellish storm” I had lived through and to ask for everyone to keep us in our prayers.
Sweet, I guess...but exponentially more dumb than sweet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom