Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Love your parade pictures!!!

Thanks!!!!!! :) Need to catch up on your live report!!!!

Very beautiful night out for dinner. The sunset is what my wife loves to see anytime she can and with the clouds it made it perfect. Thanks for the dinner pictures, you are really making me hungry and its only 6:25 in the morning while I read this report. Glad to hear that you a wonderful time at the California Grill, it's on my list for our next trip. Following for the last couple days to come.

Yes it was! I love to see sunsets too! Disney or not Disney! hahaha that always happens to me too while posting it! Always get hungry looking at any food pictures from Disney! You definitely need to do it on your next trip!! Thanks! More to come!

AWESOME! We have reservations at Cali Grille in September and none of us have ever been. We have rsvps close to the time for WISHES so we can only hope for such an experience as you guys had! I'm with you - Filet and Sundae Flight but I will take an Innis and Gunn too!!

Great trip report and pics!

You guys are going to love it at California Grill!!!! I hope you guys get a MK view!!! If not there was people who went out on the observatories in the restaurant and I'm sure it was a good view as well!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words!!!!

I am SO glad you had a great California Grill experience. It's soooo good and your food pics made me wish I was having it for dinner!:hungry: And we've done that super-slow-eating-thing-in-order-to-see-Wishes, so don't feel bad at all. You guys deserved the celebration! :D

Thank you!!!! :) It was suuuch a great experience!!! I wish I just had it for dinner too! And happy to hear that we haven't been the only ones who have done that!

LOVE the pics from Cali Grill! Makes me even more excited to eat there in November!! :) Doesn't matter if we do the week at WDW or we do a week on the cruise, we will still get to have Cali Grill!

So weird with the Ariel and Eric thing! WHat are the chances?! Considering Ariel is NOT a common name at all!

Mike's face on SSE cracked me up! He's a silly guy.

:) You guys will love it there!!!!!!!!!

hahah I know!!! It was really weird! And the funny thing I didn't realize it until I started writing the trip report saying hey! Ariel and Eric! lol

haha he's too much. I had no idea he made that face until they showed it at the end! I was too focused on making my face perfect to notice his! LOL I cracked up laughing, it was so funny!

Loving your TR...thanks for sharing! Cali Grill is our absolute favorite, nothing like watching Wishes from there!

Thank you for following and reading!!! :)

Just read your TR in one go & it's made my day! Your photos & commentary have really made me want to be there nowww! Loving it :)

Glad you enjoyed it!!! There are still a couple of days left!!! :D

Oh shoot! I saw that you started this TR and realized if I didn't get going on my April trip I'd never do it. I have so much reading to catch up on here....looking forward to it though.

haha thanks for stoping by and reading!!!!! :) I go through spurts on here too sometimes, especially when I'm writing a report and just getting back from a trip. Makes me get the report done faster, but then there are soooo many trip reports to catch up on!

Wishing you a late Happy Anniversary! Enjoying the report, amazing pictures!! Looks like you guys had so much fun.

Thank you so much! Glad you are enjoying the report and pictures!!! We sure did have a lot of fun!!!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Friday May 16th
After all the rain we had had, it was sooooo beautiful out. It wasn’t humid at all. It was just gorgeous and sunny…I wish it was like that the whole week! But I’ll take anything in Florida honestly…better than not there!

We had our usual bagels at the Marketplace for breakfast at our usual spot, where we gave little pieces to our bird friends (shhh) with this beautiful view.

Our day began at EPCOT, we headed towards Future World since World Showcase wasn’t open yet.

Love the flowers during this time of the year

I had to wait for a monorail so I could get some good monorail pictures!

Kachow!

We made our way towards the Festival Center since I heard that some items were on clearance since it was nearing the end of the festival!

While here, I met one of my running teammates from Team Studios Central!!! She was on a business trip for a few days and I was so excited to see her again!!!! She’s like the mom figure our of the team and I love her to pieces! I hadn’t seen her since the 2012 ToT 10-miler and I was soooo happy to see her!!!!! We chatted for a little while and then went our separate ways.

I was so tempted to purchase the cross body bag of this pattern because I thought it was so cute! I was good and refrained because I wait waiting out for a hopefully even better pattern somewhere down the line! Buuut if it was on clearance and cheap enough I probably would have went for it!

So this awesome hat was on clearance…I should have bought it because I think it looks pretty darn good on me!

I think these were hummingbird houses?

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

Caught the monorail again!

We headed back towards World Showcase because I wanted us to try something….CRONUT!!!

We took a friendship boat over to Morocco because I had it in my mind to meet some friends!

We headed straight to the back because we had a double date with Aladdin and Jasmine!!!!

The detail in here is the best…and the best thing about it was that we were the first in line!!!!

We didn’t have too long to wait…about 15 minutes before it was time for them to come out

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

It was so exciting to be the first to meet Aladdin and Jasmine!

They were so great!!!!

We headed on over to Japan so I can finally do what I always wanted to do and Pick a Pearl!

I was so excited! I ended up buying just a shell charm to keep it in and I put it on a chain when I got home…stuff was so expensive to hold it in! I probably wouldn’t do this again, but I am so happy I did it once!

Koi pond!

Kept moving through Italy…we would be back soon enough since we had lunch here!

So I’m a sucker and watch the Bachelorette and they were in Italy a few weeks ago and saw the buildings that EPCOT was made after…I got all excited and said look! That is copied in EPCOT! It is just opposite I think lol

There was this nice couple trying to take a picture underneath the arches and asked us to take their picture…so I didn’t mind, then they took a few for us!

We ventured on into Germany!

Caught the train going by!

Aaaand we couldn’t resist! We had to get a caramel drizzled Oatmeal cookie! It was so good!!!!

And tried a Watermelon smoothie to go down with it!

Next we got into China and jumped in line to meet Mulan!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

Mulan was so great and we loved meeting her! I think she asked Mike if he was a warrior, but made sure I could be a warrior too? I can’t remember but it was something along those lines. She was great!

And very beautiful!

It was getting close to our reservation time so we made our way back here!

It had been a while since I ate here, and was excited to be back! It was Mike’s first time of course!

All we ordered was a mushroom and pepperoni pizza to share! It looked really good! But unfortunately, after the second piece it got cold really fast and didn’t taste that great after that…the first two pieces were great! Probably will be awhile before we come back.

Love the ovens here!

We called it quits at EPCOT for the day (we would walk through it a couple more times before the end of our last day) and headed for a mini break back at the resort.

Love my boardwalk.

I really like the boat dock for the Yacht and Beach Club

You can really get some beautiful shots out here

We hopped on a very packed boat and made it to the Studios! So excited it was Star Wars Weekends! (Now that I’ve seen Star Wars and absolutely love it…I want to go back!)

Storm Troopers wandering near the Backlot

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Chewie!!!

Ewok butt..

Got a real awesome picture of Chewbacca posing before a guest arrived!

And the Ewok!

We headed on into the Animation Academy again because it was so much fun the last time! We ended up drawing Tigger this time!

Mike put a big nose on Tigger!

We headed on towards my favorite Tower next! I think we may have had a fastpass?

Headed to the Tip Top Club!

There’s us in the front row!

Beauty and the Beast was just about to start so we snuck in quick and sat near the top!

I wanna say we had Rock n Roller Coaster fastpasses?? I can’t remember!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I know we definitely had fastpasses for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid but it wasn’t time yet, so we grabbed a snack! I tried a cake pop for the first time ever! It was really good!!!!!

Mike had his usual rice krispie treat! I think I got a similar picture of him doing this last year..

It was time for the Little Mermaid!

I always find it hard to take pictures in here!

We stopped by Darth’s Maul…and there was no line! I went in and started my Her Universe collection with the Ewok tank hoodie…

After that we continued on and met my friend Banks Lee and his fiancé! We headed on over to the Tower of Terror to enjoy a ride on our favorite ride in Walt Disney World! It was great! Wish we could have spent more time together but he had to prepare to video the fireworks, and Mike and I went to stake out a spot ourselves! We found a really good one! I heard it was awesome to view the fireworks from here! And I love this picture that I took too!

Luckily we staked out a spot about an hour early. We were able to get a seat along the ledge by Echo Lake. Was awesome watching the sky darken.

It was time for Symphony in the Stars!!! I was so happy to watch fireworks again in my favorite park!

We loved watching them from Echo Lake!!!!

They were just so beautiful!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Villainy in the Sky is still my favorite, but I don’t understand why the Studios needs a “special event” to have fireworks…like Frozen Summer…can we just have fireworks at the studios every night during the year????

We wandered our way out of the park…a little slow because I was really going to miss it.

Bye Hollywood…I already miss you!

People were already camping out for Saturday morning!

The line for the boat back was INSANE. We thought about walking….buuut an EPCOT bus was pulling up…and since they had EMH until 11 and it was only 10:15 ish. So we gave it a shot! And even with traffic we arrived in EPCOT around 1030!

Hello Spaceship earth! We are back!

I thought the Mickey topiary making a shadow was really cool!

Our mission: Cronuts…we were hungry and hoping the Refreshment Port was open…and it was!!!! We bought four of them….yes they were that good and worth all that money! LOL.

We decided to take a lovely stroll around World Showcase one last time before calling it a night.

coachwnh

"and he agreed when we got out that Stitch’s sucked."

Couldn't agree more after our family's first time experiencing this "attraction" in early July! Sometimes we all just have to learn the hard way.:) Looks like you had a wonderful trip and I look forward to reading more!
Did she mention how Bergen is famous for its rain?

diddy_mouse

Totally just read your report in one sitting. :D Amazing stuff there, Jess!

Your pictures have me so jazzed for my anniversary trip in October. So many things I can't wait to see again! I really loved all of your pictures of the Boardwalk area and EPCOT. Also your Animal Kingdom day looked like a lot of fun. I have really grown to appreciate that park in recent visits. So many details!

P.S. I have that Aladdin & Jasmine tank top too!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Cronuts!!!! OMG just tried my first cronut at EPCOT about 10 days ago. It was love at first bite! I want one right now!!!!

ISN'T IT THE BEST???? OMG I want one right now too...luckily I have some portuguese malassadas at the house for breakfast tomorrow which are just as good :)

Did she mention how Bergen is famous for its rain?

haha she did mention that! But I think in June we should be okay? I remember looking back at the weather awhile ago, but I can't remember now what it was. Need to start really digging into research for this trip!

The suspense is killing me! HOW WAS THE CRONUT?????

Did I forget to say we loved it?? Sorry if I did! But THEY WERE AMAZING

Great report!!!

Thank you for reading!!!!

Totally just read your report in one sitting. :D Amazing stuff there, Jess!

Your pictures have me so jazzed for my anniversary trip in October. So many things I can't wait to see again! I really loved all of your pictures of the Boardwalk area and EPCOT. Also your Animal Kingdom day looked like a lot of fun. I have really grown to appreciate that park in recent visits. So many details!

P.S. I have that Aladdin & Jasmine tank top too!

Thanks for stopping by!!! :)

You are going to have a great time!!!! I can't wait to see all your pics! I hope that you post a few pictures for us on instagram! :)

Same here about growing to appreciate Animal Kingdom. Strange how that works. There are so many details. I can't wait to see the new Harambe theatre for the Lion King!!! I expect lots of pictures of that from you! lol

haha The aladdin Jasmine one is one of my favorite tanks! I have a bunch of them from Hot Topic!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I'm so sad to be posting our last full day in Walt Disney World, but let's continue!

Saturday May 17th
Love the detail on the wallpaper!

We had the usual breakfast and made our way to the Magic Kingdom via EPCOT!

Just so peaceful

Caught Monorail Black coming through!

Goodbye Spaceship Earth…until next time

Hello monorail blue!

Hopped on the resort monorail and we ended up with a car to ourselves! Better than the express monorail!

Made it to the MK to see this beautiful sight!

When we arrived we met with @plaz10 and her husband Bill! We headed in to see Philarmagic , best 3D show!

Next up we headed in Fantasyland and grabbed a Cinnamon Roll and LeFou’s Brew at Gaston’s Tavern…soooo good.

We parted ways since they had fastpasses and we were meeting @jesemeca at Big Thunder for her first ride on it!

I was so excited to see @jesemeca again! I wish our trip could have overlapped more instead of just one full day! But I was excited to be with her on her first ride on Big Thunder Mountain!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom