Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
You are a beautiful couple.

And yeah, Southwest rocks. I have never had a bad flight with that company. It's def my airline of choice.

Awww thank you so much for the kind words!
Definitely ours too! Love them!

Yay! Another Dream girl trip report! Congratulations on your anniversary - you guys are such a cute couple. Can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks Sherry for all the kind words!!!!! :) More on it's way!!!

Happy belated anniversary!! Can't wait to read the rest of your report, you guys always look like you're having a blast together!

Thank you!!!! And thank you for tuning in! We definitely had a blast!

No one? ;) Haha I won't spoil it!!

hahaha well besides the awesome Jess'

Yay! I'm so excited to see your trip report! I still have to work on mine from April...:oops: I've been a slacker lately.

I love the Epcot resorts. That walk to Epcot is so nice! And I agree, I put the Boardwalk above Beach Club but they are all wonderful. I got engaged at the Boardwalk and honeymooned at Beach Club so they also have a special place in my heart. :D Oh, and I love the detail at the bottom of the trash can in the rooms. You know how I love trash cans! Hahaha And I love those rugs in the lobby, too.

I can't wait to read more!

Thanks Ashley!!!! And I thought I took a while to write mine! haha just kidding! ;)

Epcot resorts are just my favorite!!! hahaha I know you love those trash cans!!! I have never noticed anything at the bottom of any other trashcans in resorts!

I love the Boardwalk area as well. One day I will stay there! One day! Until then I will enjoy reading about your stay there. Love the pictures! :)

Thanks for tuning in!!! One day you should definitely stay there!

Only the awesome Jess' know!!

haha that's right!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Sunday May 11th
Good morning Oswald & Beary! Yes I am 25 years old & married and still take my favorite stuffed animals with me on every trip

We were up and ready to go around 9ish

We decided to walk over to the Boardwalk and have some breakfast!

Wish I could wake up to this everyday!

This little guy was eating something good…

He let us get so close to him!

The place where it all began just a year ago

Desserts from the Bakery!

We found a seat outside and we both called our moms since we weren’t able to be with them on Mother’s Day.

For breakfast, Mike had a breakfast bread bowl topped with gravy, he thought it was pretty good.

I had an awesome breakfast sandwich! My favorite breakfast!

I love the Boardwalk

It was around 10 am and the Boardwalk was empty!

We grabbed a boat over to Hollywood Studios!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We arrived!!!! My favorite park in the world…Hollywood Studios!!!! (Just got my Alex & Ani Hollywood Studios bracelet in the mail! I love it!)

Cast members were handing out flowers for Mother’s Day! This was for our moms and too all the Mom’s out there!

Hooray for Hollywood!

Our first stop of course was my tower! I was wearing my awesome Tower of Terror bow that Smallworldbows, Jess @Disney_Belle made!!!! It’s my favorite!

Hello, gorgeous

We checked the line for Rock n’ Roller Coaster but it was actually down

Tower of Terror’s line was short enough!

My favorite queue in the world

I tried, but it was hard to take pictures in here..need to get better!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We had a great CM assisting us boarding the elevator, we had great luck with them this trip! Plus on this ride we got the front!

We wandered back out to Hollywood Boulevard and saw the wonderful Citizens out and about!

Paid a visit to Uncle Walt!

Our next adventure was over at Star Tours! (Side note: since we got back from our trip I’ve finally watched all the Star Wars movies and have fallen in love with them…why didn’t I watch them sooner? I have no idea. )

R2-D2!

C3PO!

Some droids just hanging out

Star Tours was great! This ended up being the only time we actually rode this…when we sat down Mike said he hoped we would go to the Wookie Planet, and guess where we went…the Wookie Planet! He was so excited!

Since the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular was about to start in 10 minutes, we decided to head on in since Mike didn’t remember seeing it before!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

Waiting for the show to start!

The show got out just in time for the Maleficent preview!!! Plus is was a nice way to cool off for about 20 minutes.

The preview was awesome! It made us really excited to see the movie! We saw it opening weekend and we loved it! I won’t put any spoilers in case but I liked it better than the animated Sleeping Beauty, I mean I feel it’s hard to compare it because they really are drastically different, but I love the twist. It was great, and I feel Angelina did a great job in her portrayal!

We meandered our way over to the Streets of America

It was perfect timing because it was time for some lunch at Sci-fi!!!

We checked in and we had to wait a little bit since we were early, I never noticed this before!

Not too soon after we got called in and seated! First things first, of course we had to order milkshakes! I think we both got vanilla.

I love that we were seated at the back of a car with only one family in front of us in the front seat! It had been so long since I had been there!

Sci-fi selfie! This is actually one of my favorite pictures of us..it just came out perfect!

Snack Bar!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

Sorry for the not to appetizing food pictures…it was hard in here to get good pics of the food! Mike got the New York Strip and he said it was really good.

I got Onion Rings & Buffalo Popcorn Chicken as my meal! They were yummmmmmy!

It’s definitely in the Disney Details…I loved this!

We began to make our way to the front of the park & make our way to the Magic Kingdom!

They still had 25th anniversary banners!

:inlove:

Pretty fishes!

Waiting for the boat

Making a pitstop at our resort first

Yacht Club!

Room 3702 at the Beach Club!

We had some friends when we arrived!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We took a little break in the room and headed back out. We decided to take a leisurely stroll through EPCOT to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, we had no where to be so why not! We saw this little guy by the beach when we walked out.

I could get used to this view.

I love this little walkway under the bridge to EPCOT

Why hello Spaceship Earth!

Spaceship Earth Selfie

Monorail Orange will take us to where we want to go!

Finally we were at the Magic Kingdom for the first time this trip!!!

That first moment when you see the castle is like no other…just knowing that you are back in the place that makes you most happy and takes you away from the realities of life and this is your reality for a whole entire week….

So peaceful here

Castle selfie!

Mike wanted to watch the next Dream Along with Mickey, which was soon but we had to turn around and stop for some Starbucks on Main Street!

Saw this cute little guy while we were waiting

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

After the show our first stop was by the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to see if it was open! But of course it was not…still awesome to see all the walls down in Fantasyland though! I remember when they started construction and couldn’t wait for it to be all over…and now here we are!

We made our way further into Fantasyland

Love the mine train details from what I could see

Our first ride in the Magic Kingdom was the Journey of the Little Mermaid!

Just the awkward Triton Statue at the DVC booth

We headed over to Fairytale Hall…turns out Anna & Elsa were still meeting and it said it was an hour wait…we didn’t mind we figured we would take the chance and wait! It was both of our first time in there! (I prefer Snow White’s Scary Adventures to be completely honest)

These windows are really cute tbough

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

It was really pretty in here though

This picture of Jasmine is beautiful

I love this one of Tiana too!

It had only been 30 minutes and we reached the glass slipper…is this real life? Will Anna & Elsa still be in there???

You bet they were! I couldn’t believe after hearing wait times of 3 hours+ we only waited 30 minutes…I had them sign a postcard to send to a co-workers daughters who loved them. It brought me joy when I came back to work to hear about their reactions.

So of course with us celebrating our anniversary…Anna & Elsa asked us if we had any love advice for her…of course Mike being who he is said to basically marry the first guy you meet…which I don’t think they expected because it left the two of them speechless for a minute. Then he proceeded to tell a story of how we got married the day after we met…yep that’s my husband for ya…but to be honest it was hilarious…as you can see from the picture below not sure they found it funny but we sure did!

Most awkward Elsa….

I can’t remember what we talked about but I think my face is pretty funny here! I wish she would have mentioned my Maleficent tank, but she didn’t :(

We headed on into Columbia Harbor House since we were hungry for dinner!

Mike had to ruin my food picture of course!…he had a Tuna sandwich and I had chicken nuggets…the chicken nuggets were not as good as they usually were and I didn’t eat the whole thing. Mike ate most of his sandwich but it was super huge…next time split something!

After our not so stellar dinner we skipped Haunted Mansion since it was broken down and continued back into Fantsyland

Silly Maximus!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I kind of liked how this one came out with the dark shadows

We ended up on It’s a Small World!

My penguins!

These were some creeeeepy dolls I’m not going to lie

Took another walk by the Mine Train…but no luck

So we continued onto Storybook Circus!

And took the train!

We got off on Main Street so we could stake out a spot for Wishes.

Our usual spot in between the Tomorrowland pathways were blocked due to the Hub construction :cry: So I was seriously at a loss on where to go. We ended up on some benches away from the massive crowds…we had a few trees in our way but overall we got to sit and just enjoy.

We happened to be right under Tinkerbell!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Pictures came out pretty cool though!

Since Magic Kingdom was open with extra magic hours we headed on into Tomorrowland for a spin on the TTA!

Then had a little competition with Buzz!

Unfortunately, I lost!

We continued our little nighttime adventure into Adventureland!

Pirates had a short wait so we hopped on!

We couldn’t leave Magic Kingdom without going on one more ride that is THE BEST at night…

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Love this sign

We made our way out of the park around midnight and headed back to the Beach Club.

Stay tuned for Monday's adventures in Animal Kingdom!!! :D

lostpro9het

Great TR! We too are headed to BC for the first time in September for our 16th!

We stopped in the shop to have a look around and Geir Ness the creator of Laila perfume and Geir cologne was there! We could kick ourselves now for not stopping and meeting him now..I don’t know what we were thinking…it’s our favorite! Oh well….

Awesome! We met him 2012 during our 14th anniversary trip. We've been Laila nuts since 1998, still not a fan of of his men's fragrance line. He was very personable and spent a lot of time interacting with us and signing items.

PRNCSAurora

Great report so far! Happy belated anniversary. DH and I went for our first anniversary too ( though we didn't get married in WDW :( ) We are heading back for our 5th anniversary soon.
Love the bow!

TheMouseFan

Love, love, love your ToT pics!! Especially the ones where the lanterns are throwing shadows on the wall! Also love the princess pics in Fairytale Hall. We missed all that by using FP+. Not that I'm complaining about skipping a 2 hour line, but it would have been cool to see everything! How awesome that you only waited 30 minutes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom