News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Truk777

I've always loved the look of the double decker carousel at Six Flags Great America. I hope, if this one comes to fruition it will be just as beautiful.

Last edited:

HiJe

I've always loved the look of the double decker carousel at Six Flags Great America. I hope, if this one comes to fruition it will be just a beautiful.
View attachment 393071

I live near this and go a lot. It really is a beautiful carousel and I ride it with my kid every time we go. Also, very cool around Halloween when they die the pond in front red and put torches all over it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

brihow

Has there every been an indoor carousel surrounded by screens? I know 'we' are usually anti-screens, but if done well, it could be amazing to feel like you are in the animated 'jolly holiday' sequence. They could even change the screen content to do layovers of Mary Poppins Returns.

Skibum1970

My only concern is just with the capacity. However, a double-decker carousel would be a lot of fun. One of my favorite carousels is Cedar Downs up at Cedar Point. It goes almost 15 mph and the horses "race" as they move forward and backward. That would be a great feature with the horse race part and the fox chase section. However, it wouldn't need to go 15 mph as Cedar Downs has a minimum height requirement of 48".

NemoIncognito

So apparently something is happening with the old Pooh meet and greet space. Windows covered from inside Toy Soldier, and a green awning with the address “30” up over the entrance, and stained glass with “30” on the transom windows. A host stand was covered near fastpass touchpoints, and a sign that said “Established 1927.” Backside windows in the door weren’t covered, and the interior still looked like a bedroom, though I didn’t see stuffed Pooh characters. Any ideas what this could be?

dreamfinder

Has there every been an indoor carousel surrounded by screens? I know 'we' are usually anti-screens, but if done well, it could be amazing to feel like you are in the animated 'jolly holiday' sequence. They could even change the screen content to do layovers of Mary Poppins Returns.

That reminds me the old Hitchcock attraction at Universal. They had that section of the carousel with footage projected on the wall. Not sure if thats the happy feeling WDW would want...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So apparently something is happening with the old Pooh meet and greet space. Windows covered from inside Toy Soldier, and a green awning with the address “30” up over the entrance, and stained glass with “30” on the transom windows. A host stand was covered near fastpass touchpoints, and a sign that said “Established 1927.” Backside windows in the door weren’t covered, and the interior still looked like a bedroom, though I didn’t see stuffed Pooh characters. Any ideas what this could be?

It's been there since at least April.

According to Google Maps...

I found online the uncovered FP sign. And given that there are bees on the sign, I'm guessing was for (will be for) a Pooh M&G.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Could it be related to this...

Nigelbfc

I love the idea of a “well themed” poppins spiner even more so if multi level. My son at 7 even now doesn’t stop smiling when on a great carousel. Anybody remember the origanal 3 level animal kingdom spinner that was planned to be the icon of the park before the Tree of Life. Not saying they will build anything on that scale but would be great if they used that as insperation but with the poppins characters and colours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom