News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

ToTBellHop

My source says this is just one of several concepts they're considering
If it’s the cheapest, it’s green.

Looking at your leaked art, I’d ballpark an $80 million budget on this one. The K, of course, stands for Katie Nanna as Martin hinted when he first vaguely referred to this project in 2004. I love the 80% off theming. That type of sale is the only way Disney will be able to get guests into Epcot in 2020 and I love that attention to detail in the art. Can’t wait for the “MouseGear GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, TOTAL LIQUIDATION, EVERYTHING MUST GO!” sale later this year before Project Chiropractor causes its removal.

Magenta Panther

So an attraction based on Walt Disney's crown jewel, a world-wide box office hit and winner of multiple Academy Awards...

...is going to be a merry-go-round. Well, hot spit, isn't THAT exciting.

and the Mouse's reaction:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So an attraction based on Walt Disney's crown jewel, a world-wide box office hit and winner of multiple Academy Awards...

...is going to be a merry-go-round. Well, hot spit, isn't THAT exciting.

and the Mouse's reaction: View attachment 349821

It should actually be half a diorama with two limited motion AAs singing two bars of one of its songs as you drive by.

Mat Cauthon

At local amusement park:

Magic Carpets
Dumbo
Fantasyland Carousel
Tomorrowland Speedway
Mad Tea Party
Astro Orbiter
Fantasyland dark rides like Pooh (not so much Peter Pan)
Shoot-em-up like Buzz
Barnstormer
Whip ride like A S S
TriceraTop Spin
Primeval Whirl

While they aren’t the highlights in the parks for many, they are for some, and many are iconic in the parks.
Absolutely get what you're saying. I won't begrudge anyone a carousel. I just know for my taste (and even my family and kids) if I'm given a choice of the rides on your list I would like to see built I'm going with Fantasyland dark ride like Pooh, Shoot-em-up like Buzz or Barnstormer. That's just how we roll.
Also...You may be overestimating our little Kiddie Park (that's literally the name!!) as an amusement park. Lol!!
ETA: Yes I know Buzz and Barnstormer would not be a good fit in UK pavilion. :) Just saying what we like from your list.

ToTBellHop

Absolutely get what you're saying. I won't begrudge anyone a carousel. I just know for my taste (and even my family and kids) if I'm given a choice of the rides on your list I would like to see built I'm going with Fantasyland dark ride like Pooh, Shoot-em-up like Buzz or Barnstormer. That's just how we roll.
Also...You may be overestimating our little Kiddie Park (that's literally the name!!) as an amusement park. Lol!!
ETA: Yes I know Buzz and Barnstormer would not be a good fit in UK pavilion. :) Just saying what we like from your list.
Oh absolutely. This won’t be a major stop on our vacations. Just a 10-minute stop. I’m ashamed to say Rat and GotG will be the FastPass priorities...

I hate GotG’s placement, but we won’t let that stop us from having fun on it. I just won’t buy a T-shirt.

nickys

Premium Member
hey @marni1971 is there any way this could be a theater show type attraction (akin to Country Bear Jamboree) which is themed to The Royal Doulton Music Hall from Mary Poppins Returns?

That’s fairly similar to the BatB singalong at France. And it needs a theatre, which is going to take a big footprint. Someone suggested a “Tales with Mary” which I think could be fun in the absence of a dark ride. And needs a less intrusive building. Not sure if they could use some of the space behind the facades they currently have.

But I really, really hope they don’t scrap Christopher Robin’s bedroom. @marni1971, am I right in thinking at one point you could actually go inside the bedroom? And if I am right, why did they close it and make it just a window to peer through?

Of course, the new “attraction” could be changing the bedroom into a nursery, with cardboard cut-outs of Mary and the children (from either movie). :oops:

aliceismad

That’s fairly similar to the BatB singalong at France. And it needs a theatre, which is going to take a big footprint. Someone suggested a “Tales with Mary” which I think could be fun in the absence of a dark ride. And needs a less intrusive building. Not sure if they could use some of the space behind the facades they currently have.

But I really, really hope they don’t scrap Christopher Robin’s bedroom. @marni1971, am I right in thinking at one point you could actually go inside the bedroom? And if I am right, why did they close it and make it just a window to peer through?

Of course, the new “attraction” could be changing the bedroom into a nursery, with cardboard cut-outs of Mary and the children (from either movie). :oops:
I've seen pictures where there was a M&G in the bedroom. I wish they would bring that back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom