News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Bostb71

I'm really hoping it's a dark ride where you ride AGV carousel horses

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know I'm implying something you haven't even outright said, but I can't really wrap my head around the investment of something like a meet & greet or a carousel.....in that prime area.....as a "counter-measure" for Ratatouille and the gondolas for that side of the park. A dark ride would NAIL it. Why even invest the money in something like that when other projects are screaming for it?
Preaching to the converted dude.

Last edited:

britain

Ya know, I wouldn't mind a carousel if they did it right...
  • Big: a double decker
  • Big: a much wider carousel that has benches as well as critters to ride
  • extremely themed: not just horses, but all the animated animals from both films (yes, even penguins!)
  • extremely themed: the area taken over is a reproduction of 17 Cherry Hill Lane with the carousel in the adjoining park with chalk drawings and flying kites, and helium balloons, and a proper Mary Poppins M&G (one lobby, many rooms version a la Sommerhus) through a Royal Doulton Music Hall facade
  • extremely themed: a real, giant calliope playing tunes from both movies and other Disney movies associated with the UK

By jove, I think you've got it!
(Er, wrong Julie Andrews musical, but, you know.)

Lensman

Ya know, I wouldn't mind a carousel if they did it right...
  • Big: a double decker
  • Big: a much wider carousel that has benches as well as critters to ride
  • extremely themed: not just horses, but all the animated animals from both films (yes, even penguins!)
  • extremely themed: the area taken over is a reproduction of 17 Cherry Hill Lane with the carousel in the adjoining park with chalk drawings and flying kites, and helium balloons, and a proper Mary Poppins M&G (one lobby, many rooms version a la Sommerhus) through a Royal Doulton Music Hall facade
  • extremely themed: a real, giant calliope playing tunes from both movies and other Disney movies associated with the UK
I'd like a big carousel too, assuming we can't have a dark ride.

I suppose it would be beyond hope for Disney to build a linear carousel? It would be kind of neat to have one that was a scaled up version of the one in the Spectromagic parade - racetrack oval-shaped with long straightaways.

How does one ride a penguin? :)

dennis-in-ct

I suppose it would be beyond hope for Disney to build a linear carousel? It would be kind of neat to have one that was a scaled up version of the one in the Spectromagic parade - racetrack oval-shaped with long straightaways.

Do you mean something similar to the Bear ride at Dollywood's current expansion?

Attachments

• 2019_WildwoodGrove-BlackBear1.jpg
    2019_WildwoodGrove-BlackBear1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 268

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...

That surely depends on the penguin in question. @MisterPenguin may not care to divulge such information!
:hilarious::hilarious:
With panache.
Also helps to keep your pockets full of squid and krill.

ToTBellHop

Ugh no Carousel...I can't believe now everyone wants a carousel. How about a real attraction, not a cheap spinner ride... Aim hiigher....lol
I want a dark ride, but if we are honest, Epcot is a park filled with D and E tickets (some poorly aging). A balanced park needs As, Bs, and Cs, too. It’s one of my biggest complaints about TSL. It should have had a couple As or Bs. Sprinkling them in the parks adds capacity without increasing crowds. And a carousel, if done right, would actually be a fit for World Showcase. It could be quite charming. There’s nothing wrong with quick diversions. I like the Mad Tea Party, especially when it has a 10-min. wait. I even like Magic Carpets, but they should have gone in Animation Courtyard (I’m sure the 400 strollers could fit elsewhere).

It’s not like they are putting in a Stitch “Hawaiian Coaster Ride” Huss Top Spin.

Bocabear

I want a dark ride, but if we are honest, Epcot is a park filled with D and E tickets (some poorly aging). A balanced park needs As, Bs, and Cs, too. It’s one of my biggest complaints about TSL. It should have had a couple As or Bs. Sprinkling them in the parks adds capacity without increasing crowds. And a carousel, if done right, would actually be a fit for World Showcase. It could be quite charming. There’s nothing wrong with quick diversions. I like the Mad Tea Party, especially when it has a 10-min. wait. I even like Magic Carpets, but they should have gone in Animation Courtyard (I’m sure the 400 strollers could fit elsewhere).

It’s not like they are putting in a Stitch “Hawaiian Coaster Ride” Huss Top Spin.
I would not exactly say that EPCOT is "filled with D and E Attractions"...In World Showcase there is one B/C boat ride and one D ticket flume ride... in a year or so we will be getting another D/E ride.. but it is far from filled with attractions. The park is lacking attractions in general and was never even completed to their own original plan... Now if the UK pavilion had a Spinner (carousel) and a dark ride it would be great, but just the carousel is totally underwelming. When the day comes that they have added a couple world Showcase pavilions and each pavilion has some kind of attraction, THEN its time to add things like a carousel and some kiddie rides that adults won't find interesting.

SirWillow

I want a dark ride, but if we are honest, Epcot is a park filled with D and E tickets (some poorly aging). A balanced park needs As, Bs, and Cs, too. ... I even like Magic Carpets, but they should have gone in Animation Courtyard (I’m sure the 400 strollers could fit elsewhere).

completely agreed with you that a park needs a balance and a good mix. Want proof? Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain where it's all coasters, except for Bugs Bunny land. Completely off balance. I also think a carousel properly themed would be a great fit in the UK pavilion. Done as a couple have suggested it would really be charming, and something I'd certainly do.

My only disagreement with you is Magic Carpets in Animation Courtyard. Disney Studios Paris did about that same thing, and it's a really, really odd fit. so much so that it really doesn't make sense. They're a much better fit in Adventureland.

Bocabear

completely agreed with you that a park needs a balance and a good mix. Want proof? Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain where it's all coasters, except for Bugs Bunny land. Completely off balance. I also think a carousel properly themed would be a great fit in the UK pavilion. Done as a couple have suggested it would really be charming, and something I'd certainly do.

My only disagreement with you is Magic Carpets in Animation Courtyard. Disney Studios Paris did about that same thing, and it's a really, really odd fit. so much so that it really doesn't make sense. They're a much better fit in Adventureland.
So, because of Six Flags, EPCOT should have spinner rides? A carousel is just a carousel...Sure they could put Mary Poppins themed animals on it, and you know what? It is still a carousel... In this day of Disney I do not see them doing a carousel that will be spectacular or trasnportive or amazing... It is just going to be a carousel...Which really belongs in the Magic Kingdom. A carousel is not uniquely british...It does nothing to advance the storyline of the UK Pavilion... it would just be another thing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom