News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Magenta Panther

I keep thinking of a Disneyfied version of Diagon Alley.

I've been pushing for a full-fledged Cherry Tree Lane area for some time, complete with Uncle Albert's Tea Room and Admiral Boom's house as a dark ride and so on. Such an area would easily outlast and out-attract any flash-in-the-pan area like Avatarland, no problem. But yeah, it's wishful thinking given the lunkhead in charge of the company right now. :p

aladdin2007

I've been pushing for a full-fledged Cherry Tree Lane area for some time, complete with Uncle Albert's Tea Room and Admiral Boom's house as a dark ride and so on. Such an area would easily outlast and out-attract any flash-in-the-pan area like Avatarland, no problem. But yeah, it's wishful thinking given the lunkhead in charge of the company right now. :p

Could be amazing,,, couldnt agree more with the last line.

smile

What do you mean?

well, less sense, anyways

without judging the merits of returns, i think it's safe to say it's reception has been a mixed bag and, thus far, performance that doesn't generally lead to expenditure

a different mary with different songs - not even just updated, but different - that doesn't appear to be ingratiating itself nearly as well as walt's did.
similar to swge... for many, it'd be toying with expectations, and without the quality/budget of the aforementioned, would be a risk, i feel... if nothing else, more than it could have been

if you're talking about, say, a merry-go-round, sure -
but, how many in this thread, even devout fans of old and new, would book a trip to ride it? (that weren't already coming)

between all that and the travers estate, i'm left thinking there are better ways to spend capex on epcot - for example, i'd bring coco to mexico in a heartbeat before i'd touch this

Ripken10

well, less sense, anyways

without judging the merits of returns, i think it's safe to say it's reception has been a mixed bag and, thus far, performance that doesn't generally lead to expenditure

a different mary with different songs - not even just updated, but different - that doesn't appear to be ingratiating itself nearly as well as walt's did.
similar to swge... for many, it'd be toying with expectations, and without the quality/budget of the aforementioned, would be a risk, i feel... if nothing else, more than it could have been

if you're talking about, say, a merry-go-round, sure -
but, how many in this thread, even devout fans of old and new, would book a trip to ride it? (that weren't already coming)

between all that and the travers estate, i'm left thinking there are better ways to spend capex on epcot - for example, i'd bring coco to mexico in a heartbeat before i'd touch this
Returns is doing a lot better than you think it is. Will easily become the #2 musical of all times per box office. Still has a chance at becoming the highest box office movie to not reach #1 (if it doesn't reach #1 next weekend, but still more likely to become the second most profitable movie to not reach #1). No matter how good the movie was, some were never going to say it was better than the first (that happens with movies with that big of a gap, nostalgia makes the movie better than it ever was).

jt04

Returns is doing a lot better than you think it is. Will easily become the #2 musical of all times per box office. Still has a chance at becoming the highest box office movie to not reach #1 (if it doesn't reach #1 next weekend, but still more likely to become the second most profitable movie to not reach #1). No matter how good the movie was, some were never going to say it was better than the first (that happens with movies with that big of a gap, nostalgia makes the movie better than it ever was).

Plus Julie Andrews. They don't make stars like that anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom