News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

peter11435

I really don't find Dinorama to be that bad. It has 3 rides, 1 show, and a good traditional quick service restaurant. It might not be the most pleasing to the eye, but it's an ok area to relax and take a little break from the immersive experiences, I'm sure the majority of kids love the land.
Dino-Rama is part of Dinoland.

MerlinTheGoat

An attraction is planned for the UK pavilion.

;)
I was teetering between this reaction-
mary_poppins_clapping.gif

Or this one-
a42adf1a6551642748e958c126539097--gif-disney-walt-disney.jpg

So, why not both?

mikejs78

Premium Member
The biggest complaint is "not enough to do". The animal exhibits are generally seen as something to look at in passing between rides. I guess the masses don’t want the "unique" that’s on offer as much as attractions.

Again, not my opinion. I consider this park to be a full day now personally. If not more.
I don't think AK needs more rides, but it does need some rides replaced. Both Dinorama rides are forgettable, and Kali is half-baked. Everything else is excellent and the exhibits and shows are more than enough to make it a full day park. Replace this three rides with a better 3 rides and I think AK has all it needs.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I hear this complaint from children when walking around EPCOT. “ I’m bored or there’s nothing to do” - hear it all the time. But mom and dad have to get their drink on. You have to have priorities :)
My kids and my friends kids love Epcot. I loved Epcot as a kid. But I think especially with Epcot it all depends on the parents. If parents engage their kids and make the theme park come alive for them, kids will find it interesting. If parents just tow their kids along to 'get their drink on' as you say, then yes, they will be bored.

HauntedMansionFLA

My kids and my friends kids love Epcot. I loved Epcot as a kid. But I think especially with Epcot it all depends on the parents. If parents engage their kids and make the theme park come alive for them, kids will find it interesting. If parents just tow their kids along to 'get their drink on' as you say, then yes, they will be bored.
Most engage with their children by giving them their phone or tablet to play computer games. A sad world.

Magenta Panther

The parks aren't meant to replace the parents. If a kid is bored in World Showcase, then the parents aren't pointing out to their kids the arts and cultures and beliefs of different countries. That kind of thing fascinated me when I was a kid. Of course when I was a kid I didn't use electronic brain drugs like iPads. I just had my eyes and ears. Have kids changed so much in such a short time? I doubt it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The parks aren't meant to replace the parents. If a kid is bored in World Showcase, then the parents aren't pointing out to their kids the arts and cultures and beliefs of different countries. That kind of thing fascinated me when I was a kid. Of course when I was a kid I didn't use electronic brain drugs like iPads. I just had my eyes and ears. Have kids changed so much in such a short time? I doubt it.

I agree with most of what you say. I think that good parenting applies to technology too. There's a big difference in using technology as an aid in education, and/or as a time limited recreational device vs using it as a babysitter or just allowing it with no limits. Again, it all comes down to parenting.

RSoxNo1

Yes...Who doesn't enjoy paying ~$100 for a festival.

On a more serious side, while I enjoy theming, walking around a park/land only goes so far, I want to be entertained whether it be attractions, shows, and other entertainment(street performers, etc...).

I haven't seen AvatarLand yet, but after 30-45 minutes of walking around admiring the land(after seeing the two attractions), I'm guessing I'd be ready to move on.
Festival of the Lion King is a Broadway caliber show. To a lesser extent, so is Finding Nemo the Musical

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom