News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I love the idea of using original mini coopers as a ride vehicle, a dark ride through 60s swinging London would be great (think Austin powers) but personally I'd love to see a ride based on the original Italian job movie chase with Michael Caine that would be fantastic but which pavilion would it go in UKmor Italy !!
They already got one (Italian Job ride), but it's at Kings Island.

Movielover

How about a ride where we race Mini Cooper's around London and other famous U.K. locations while listening to different famous UK bands. Heck, make the Mini Cooper's time machines and while we race through time, the music that plays is a band from that era. From the Beetles to Cold Play, there will be something for everyone! I should be an imagineer lol.

Just talk to Premier Rides...

resized_dscn0551_153.jpg

How about an Alfred Hitchcock ride? He's British! ;)

shower murders, voyeurism, "cool blondes", and sociopaths galore! great for the kiddies--and it can sell merch! :p

I would kill for this! ;)

bclane

They already got one (Italian Job ride), but it's at Kings Island.
True but that is a pretty terrible ride lol. I was sore for 2 days after riding that thing.
Just talk to Premier Rides...

resized_dscn0551_153.jpg

I would kill for this! ;)
While that ride looks awesome, it beat the heck out of my back and neck summer before last lol. Never again will I ride that thing and I will ride pretty much anything that moves. I was thinking more like a Spider-Man type of dark ride with screens and practical sets but where the vehicles are shaped like Mini Coopers and we race through the UK (and through time) rocking out to all the awesome music that goes with it. Would be awesome!

Just4Pics

Scotland will leave the U.K. Soon

People constantly bring this up but I really think the risk to Epcot is very minimal. Even if Scotland did secede, and it is far from assured that they ever will, Disney could always just rename the pavilion to something like "Great Britain" or "The British Isles" or "The UK and Scotland". It's not like they would have to tear down whatever they built just because it's Scottish.

bclane

We have this ride here at Canada's Wonderland too in Toronto and its a lot of fun! I'd take that themed to a Disney IP!
I've read that the one in Canada as well as the one at King's Dominion are both better than the one at King's Island. That one beats you to death. I'm sure that if Disney brought anything like that to WDW it would be a much better ride experience than all three though.

Matt_Black

Absolutely. I'm from Scotland so I may be a little biased, but I think Merida is also a fantastic role model as a Princess too. Bold, feisty, not your average smiling Disney Princess! I know there are others you could say the same for, but I really enjoyed the film.

Yes, the OTHER film being referenced is a meandering, disjointed bit of 70s fluff.

Disneybear

I think a ride based around the works of Rabbie Burns would be a good addition and give the pavilion a Scottish presence.

Some scenes could be based around his epic poem Tam O'Shanter. Another around 'For a' That' his poem about the brotherhood of man and the finale would obviously be set around 'Auld Lang Syne' sung in practically every country and in every language around the world on New Years Eve, isn't that part of what World Showcase is about?

stuart

Alas there probably isnt the space; but a path leading up to a castle front, through a small but dense forest with Will O' The Wisps sound effects and projections of them at night, would be great if they went with a Brave dark ride.

Kman101

I especially love the narration by Billy Connolly (who I had wanted to play Scrooge in the new DuckTales, though Tennant is going to be excellent in the role.).

Tennant will do well but I was a bit taken aback at hearing new voices playing the Ducktales characters. They've been dropping clips on social media. I'm not 100% there with it yet. I like the design just fine but the voice actors were a bit hard to get used to. I'm sure I will though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom