News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

ToTBellHop

Understood - I guess the point I was making was do all rides necessarily need a story for them to be considered E-ticket? Are there E-tickets without a story?
Haunted Mansion doesn't have a linear story, though it certainly has theming associated with many stories.

Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash, Big Thunder, Small World, Space Mountain, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, ToT, GMR, Star Tours, Kilimanjaro, Dinosaur, Everest all have a clear story.

I would argue RnRC isn't really an E, but that's just me. I also think Living with the Land is. Disney wants us to believe Mine Train and Frozen are. But they are Ds to me.

Miss anything? Shows? Perhaps Tiki Room, HoP, CoP, FotLK, Nemo, Indy?

Some lose their status with age without updates. CBJ, UoE. Maybe Tiki Room used to be and isn't now? As I said, it's subjective. What had impressive scale and scope in 1971 might not in 2017.

raven

Understood - I guess the point I was making was do all rides necessarily need a story for them to be considered E-ticket? Are there E-tickets without a story?
Also, how many guests opt to wait in the Standby Line for an e-ticket attraction rather than get an available Fast Pass just to get the "story?" Most of the time this is the only way to understand the story as FP lines often bypass everything. So that large number of FP guests don't even care, right? In this case, doesn't it kind of put a hole in the theory that Disney guests are wanting story-driven attractions?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Most of the time this is the only way to understand the story as FP lines often bypass everything. So that large number of FP guests don't even care, right? In this case, doesn't it kind of put a hole in the theory that Disney guests are wanting story-driven attractions?
Blame Presslers Fast Pass for that. Another reason it was a flawed idea.

ToTBellHop

*cricket*
You write that because I didn't respond within 48 minutes? Get a freakin life.

I already told you. You are visiting a starport that offers interplanetary travel. That is a story. So is, "you are visiting a haunted house," which is the full extent of Haunted Mansion's story. All of the visuals support each story.

Every Disney ride has a story. That's what the Imagineers start with. Watch their DPB videos. Even the freakin toilets have a story. How successfully the theming supports the story is what varies, but they don't just build a coaster, paint it green, and call it The Riddler like some.

raven

I already told you. You are visiting a starport that offers interplanetary travel. That is a story. So is, "you are visiting a haunted house," which is the full extent of Haunted Mansion's story. All of the visuals support each story.
Those are not STORIES those are THEMES. A story has a beginning, middle and an end. A sign that says "Starport" isn't a story, it's just a sign.
Every Disney ride has a story. Even the freakin toilets have a story.
Please enlighten all of us with the story of Disney toilets. Or even the story for Tomorrowland Speedway? Or Astro Orbiter? Sometimes a ride is just a ride. Toilets are toilets.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
It - and the gondola - would have re designed the backstage roads in that area including the stop and turn around area.
@marni1971 does it still look like the new ride, along with the gondola, re-design the backstage area/ roads in UK? For this new ride, how much space would they need to build it? And thank you for sharing the info about the Rat ride and Epcot!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 does it still look like the new ride, along with the gondola, re-design the backstage area/ roads in UK? For this new ride, how much space would they need to build it? And thank you for sharing the info about the Rat ride and Epcot!
The Gondola will need some redesigning back there. Anything more depends on what attraction -if any -they go for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom