News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

jaxonp

So we know that something is far along for France, and now maybe something for the UK... @marni1971 can you comment if there are any other countries with proposals that are stronger than UK or is it just France that seems to have the most attention right now.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I for one would love a Mary Poppins themed attraction, picture jumping into the chalk drawings and having an adventure just like the Banks' children did. Could be sorta awesome!!! Marie
I've always thought that Mary Poppins is the perfect property for a souped-up meet n greet like Enchanted Tales with Belle. Bert would come talk to us in the entry room, and instead of walking through the mirror, we'd get to jump into the painting. Some kids would get to ride on carousel horses while others dance with audio animatronic penguins. And finally we'd meet Mary and several lucky volunteers would get to have a tea party on the ceiling because we all love to laugh.

AndrewsJ

Those famous insiders always have that fallback of the 'nothing has been finalized' excuse.

Still waiting for the rumoured Epcot expansion, Tomorrow Land expansion, etc etc - all rumours started by these famous insiders. Surely they are bound to get one rite soon enough. :angelic:
Our famous insiders always get it right. Show some respect. We are blessed to have several incredibly generous and accurate insiders here.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I've seen a rumor on Facebook that a Loch Ness monster inspired attraction may be coming to the UK Pavilion.

I don't think it would be a good idea to add a Loch Ness attraction to the UK pavilion in a time when there is so much talk about Scotland's independence. Unless they use an expansion pad ... then they'd have an instant new World Showcase country if Scotland were to separate.

the.dreamfinder

And here I was thinking they were going to bring Loch Ness Landing from AK back from the dead...

But if anything..How big is the footprint of the World Showplace since it fits snuggly between UK & Canada?
6140012105_9d972bd6ea.jpg
Isn't World Showplace sitting on UK's attraction expansion pad going back to opening day?

mouse_luv

If they're adding an IP attraction to the UK my vote is for something "Brave" themed. Please oh please!!

Although, Mr Toad revived would make my 5 year old heart cry happy tears! :)

Disneyfan_76

I would actually be OK with this. Sure , I would prefer something more of a UK travelogue but if we must go the IP route, This is much less objectionable than Gran Fiesta, Frozen or Ratatouille.

Well, I was thinking too that it would be really easy to 'hide' the attraction by making the entrance a blue police box against a wall, then just a long tunnel to where the show building would be. It could be minimally obtrusive. They could even have multiple boxes with multiple tunnels leading to the same area. Of course they don't have to 'buy' the IP. They could always work out a deal with the BBC, similar to AVATAR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom