News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

brb1006

Well if the ride's inspiration is based on The Sequel Nobody Wanted, then bravo if it's shelved. If it's based on the original Mary Poppins, the great Mary Poppins, Walt's Mary Poppins, then let's hope something gets built that will do it justice.
Guess this means you didn't care about the Hand drawn section of the sequel?

Magenta Panther

Guess this means you didn't care about the Hand drawn section of the sequel?

I saw the sequence on YouTube. It was subpar compared to the original IMO. Bert's dance with the penguins is still unsurpassed. It's even more remarkable when it's remembered that there were no computers back then. It was all done with gifted hands putting lines on paper. Hey you asked...

Lensman

Nothing, of course, would be as good as the original. Why anyone would want to see something that isn't as good as the original is beyond me...
Just to answer this if it is a real question.

Back in the day, I didn't think anything could be as good as Star Wars, but I was hopeful when I went to see Empire Strikes Back. Glad George made it, it turned out well.

I was worried about Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, but my worries were thankfully unfounded. I'm still very worried about Toy Story 4, but I'm hoping for the best.

There are any number of movie sequels that I'm glad they made. There are even some reboots or reimaginings that were worth making.

I for one enjoy going to see all of these even though they might not quite match up to the original, and certainly I'm hopeful when they make sequels that they could, in fact, surpass the original. I mean, if we go in with a bad attitude about such things, even the Mary Poppins movie might not have been made for Travers' fear that it would not be worthy of her novels. And then where would we be?

Please try to channel your better self. You know, the one who says:
Some people just cannot handle opinions different from their own...
Aren't you contradicting yourself by disparaging people who are fine with going to see a sequel that might not quite be as good as the first installment, then disparaging people who can't handle opinions different from their own? It doesn't sound to me like you're acting particularly inclusive of other people's opinions.

Bender123

Nothing, of course, would be as good as the original. Why anyone would want to see something that isn't as good as the original is beyond me...

Because it is its own unique experience. It wasn't a remake or a soft reboot, it had its own story. Even though it wasn't up to the original, it was definitely a "worthy" successor. The only "problem" with it is that it felt like a movie that was out of its time. Release it in the 1960s and it would be considered a classic...

Magenta Panther

Just to answer this if it is a real question.

Back in the day, I didn't think anything could be as good as Star Wars, but I was hopeful when I went to see Empire Strikes Back. Glad George made it, it turned out well.

I was worried about Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, but my worries were thankfully unfounded. I'm still very worried about Toy Story 4, but I'm hoping for the best.

There are any number of movie sequels that I'm glad they made. There are even some reboots or reimaginings that were worth making.

I for one enjoy going to see all of these even though they might not quite match up to the original, and certainly I'm hopeful when they make sequels that they could, in fact, surpass the original. I mean, if we go in with a bad attitude about such things, even the Mary Poppins movie might not have been made for Travers' fear that it would not be worthy of her novels. And then where would we be?

Please try to channel your better self. You know, the one who says:

Aren't you contradicting yourself by disparaging people who are fine with going to see a sequel that might not quite be as good as the first installment, then disparaging people who can't handle opinions different from their own? It doesn't sound to me like you're acting particularly inclusive of other people's opinions.

So let me ask you this: how many people were saying "Boy I sure wish there'd be a sequel to Mary Poppins" before Disney greenlit one?

Right.

The Sequel That Nobody Wanted. ;)

Bender123

So let me ask you this: how many people were saying "Boy I sure wish there'd be a sequel to Mary Poppins" before Disney greenlit one?

Right.

The Sequel That Nobody Wanted. ;)

There were other books in the Mary Poppins series...Travers would not allow another one to be a movie while she was alive.

The new movie was based on the sum/stories of the other sequel books and wrapped in a new setting that was in the "future". Honestly, they couldn't have made this when it was being called for, due to Travers.

If you watch this movie and don't get a nostalgic 1960s movie vibe, I have pity on your stone heart. Its just so innocent and carefree...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom