• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Proposed Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

The Empress Lilly

Cherry Tree Lane fits in far better in that back area than Brave ever could, IMO, despite Brave possibly being more culturally relevant, although I doubt they'd really touch upon that unless it's a movie (we'd probably get a shooter ride -- not a hint or rumor, just my guess -- but guests eat those up so ...). Unless we got a mini pavilion-esque area, which doesn't seem likely or possible.
I couldn't shake off the suspicion that Cherry Tree Lane in Mary Poppins deliberately resembles EPCOT'S UK back area...

doctornick

My kids have always loved Epcot! I blame the parents. ;)
My kids enjoy Epcot too -- the pavilion stamps and Agent P have helped to make the WS more accessible, but they like learning about the countries anyway. That said, a few more rides to break up the monotony of shopping/food would be good. really looking forward to Ratatouille and even a flat ride in UK would be something of value (at least adding some kinetics).

The Empress Lilly

Would probably be the other way around
Impossible of course, as EPCOT predates the movie by 35 years.

The look of Cherry Tree Lane changed considerably from Poppins I to Poppins II. The row of houses now bears a striking resemblance to WS UK back area. It has been noticed before that not just the parks are being transformed to resemble the movies, but that recent movies, in turn, are referential to the parks for their part. Or even the Disney empire as a whole, in Ralph.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Per The Sun, director Rob Marshall "confirmed" that a new Mary Poppins film (starring Emily Blunt) is already in the early stages of development.
Uhhh.......

1. There is no confirmation of a new MP movie. Read the article, he confirmed there were talks of a *possible* sequel. Which is the news we already have and are discussing above.

2. The Sun is a rag and traffics in clickbait and fake news, equivalent to The Enquirer.

JenniferS

You’re nothing. But not to me.
Premium Member
Uhhh.......

1. There is no confirmation of a new MP movie. Read the article, he confirmed there were talks of a *possible* sequel. Which is the news we already have and are discussing above.

2. The Sun is a rag and traffics in clickbait and fake news, equivalent to The Enquirer.
Wait, what?!? It’s too early to be utterly outraged?

*heads back to the big blue box thread

Top Bottom