News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

UpAllNight

I think they need things for D23. Chapek seems to thrive st these events...he won’t want his next one to be a dud so will keep back the announcement of projects imo, even if they start.

He’s been able to talk about major projects for WDW in both 2015 and 2017

Last edited:

clemmo

Agreed. They seem to be developing and building out attractions on a +/- 3 year timeline, so the clock is ticking on this one.
The only thing that could shorten this project from 3+ years to more like 2-3 could be the scope of how big this project is. It’s been said before it wouldn’t be that big and probably a c ticket at most. Don’t know if that’s still accurate though

justintheharris

The only thing that could shorten this project from 3+ years to more like 2-3 could be the scope of how big this project is. It’s been said before it wouldn’t be that big and probably a c ticket at most. Don’t know if that’s still accurate though
Yea I am trying to keep in mind they want it to be a C ticket ride in all likelihood but.. would Disney really settle to build a ride with the technology of Winnie The Pooh or Journey of the Little Mermaid in the 2020s? I thought Disney was kinda over that era.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yea I am trying to keep in mind they want it to be a C ticket ride in all likelihood but.. would Disney really settle to build a ride with the technology of Winnie The Pooh or Journey of the Little Mermaid in the 2020s? I thought Disney was kinda over that era.
Those are still mildly popular attractions.

justintheharris

Those are still mildly popular attractions.
They are indeed! Just as classic Disney movies are! But if an animated Disney movie came out in 2018 with the animation of Cinderella or 101 Dalmatians, do you think you’d be bothered by the animation when you know they can do better? A lot better? Same logic here.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They are indeed! Just as classic Disney movies are! But if an animated Disney movie came out in 2018 with the animation of Cinderella or 101 Dalmatians, do you think you’d be bothered by the animation when you know they can do better? A lot better? Same logic here.
Me, personally? Of course! But I'm more of a "look at the sad reality" type of person. If I was in charge, the original plans for Seven Dwarves would have come through, and instead of skyliners I would have expanded the monorail and upgraded them drastically.

clemmo

C ticket attractions are really needed to fill out a park. It may not be that particular technology but that scope of investment and draw.

Timothy_Q

But if an animated Disney movie came out in 2018 with the animation of Cinderella or 101 Dalmatians, do you think you’d be bothered by the animation when you know they can do better? A lot better? Same logic here.
Cinderella and Dalmatians are amongst Disney’s best in terms of art and animation.

We could only be so lucky if they were to make new movies like that.

Newer ≠ Better

justintheharris

I think a lot of people have completely misinterpreted what I’m saying. I think C Ticket dark rides are necessary and great! I’m simply saying that with every new attraction Disney is releasing now a days, they’re bumping the bar technologically. Would they really revert back to a simple C Ticket dark ride?

CraftyFox

I personally think those films have a level of charm and style we don't see much in the current CGI Animation style. They're really artfully done.

Timothy_Q

I think a lot of people have completely misinterpreted what I’m saying. I think C Ticket dark rides are necessary and great! I’m simply saying that with every new attraction Disney is releasing now a days, they’re bumping the bar technologically. Would they really revert back to a simple C Ticket dark ride?
Pinocchio’s Daring Journey (a very simple C ticket dark ride) was built after they had the technology to build AA-heavy attractions like PotC and CoP.

Nothing new here

RSoxNo1

I think they need things for D23. Chapek seems to thrive st these events...he won’t want his next one to be a dud so will keep back the announcement of projects imo, even if they start.

He’s been able to talk about major projects for WDW in both 2015 and 2017
Chapek doesn't thrive at these events. He generally let's other people (the Imagineers) talk at these events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom