News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

brb1006

True but Mr Toad is stuck in 1955. Cardboard, cardboard, cardboard
If you want real cardboard, look at the original version of the Alice ride before it's update in the 1980's.
alice1.jpg

original+alice+ride+tea+party+600.jpg

mickEblu

I actually like Mermaid. Anyway, Toad is cute but I wouldn't wait more than 10-15 mins for it. Pooh is actually better than Toad.

*runs for cover*

Mermaid is ok but stale, outside of Ursula’s scene. I like Pooh and while it has some nice modern bells and whistles I think Toad is a more complete attraction. I really wouldn’t wait more than 15 for any of them except Alice at DL.

Last edited:

brb1006

Mermaid is ok but stale, outside of Ursula’s scenes. I like Pooh and while it has some nice modern bells and whistles I think Toad is a more complete attraction. I really wouldn’t wait more than 15 for any of them except Alice at DL.
And the fact that you actually feel like your in the middle of the action in Toad such as the quick encounter with the police officer and the farmer and his sheep.

Jones14

Mermaid is ok but stale, outside of Ursula’s scenes. I like Pooh and while it has some nice modern bells and whistles I think Toad is a more complete attraction. I really wouldn’t wait more than 15 for any of them except Alice at DL.
I think Pooh is WDW’s best C Ticket. The use of the ride vehicle alone always makes me giddy. I can’t speak to DL’s, but I’ve read that it’s not as good.

mickEblu

I think Pooh is WDW’s best C Ticket. The use of the ride vehicle alone always makes me giddy. I can’t speak to DL’s, but I’ve read that it’s not as good.

Oh ya I should have mentioned I’ve only been on DL’s Pooh. But if I remember from watching the ride thru, WDWs isn’t that different. Longer scenes, owls house, bouncing tigger?

DLs is just ok. It’s gets a lot of hate because it replaced CBJ and people compare it to Hunny Hunt.

brb1006

From what everyone is saying, this close-ish-to-hometown classic here will be better then it:

I mean, I highly doubt Marry Poppins will rival the "Infamous Gum wall".

Before someone dives on me, I'm just having some fun.
I think we should be glad this could be happening regardless. It's a new ride that won't be replacing anything.

If you really want a really cheap dark ride, behold "Garfield's Nightmare" at Kennywood

PizzaPlanet

If you really want a really cheap dark ride, behold "Garfield's Nightmare" at Kennywood

I didn't forget about that, I just didn't want to mention it. That ride sits on my list of "burn it and replace or bring it back to how it was". Riding it once was plenty enough. It truly is a nightmare in person.
Not only is Garfield's Nightmare filthy and falling apart, but all of its effects, which were cheap to begin with, haven't worked in years. It's really pathetic.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To clarify, both this and Mexico are in a state of flux. There’s several plans for both pavilions, at this stage I don’t think there is a definite 100% answer for either. I believe at this time if only one happens, something in the UK is favourite. I’m trying to clarify.

ToTBellHop

To clarify, both this and Mexico are in a state of flux. There’s several plans for both pavilions, at this stage I don’t think there is a definite 100% answer for either. I believe at this time if only one happens, something in the UK is favourite. I’m trying to clarify.
Thanks for looking into this. They are going to have to commit. I was told UK was settled on but different people say different things.

Personally, I think the technique of needlessly replacing a current ride is growing old. The parks need additional capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom