News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

The_Jobu

As a Brit, I've never been enamoured with the UK pavilion- especially the imitation fish and chips. Furthermore, the area only really covers one specific part of the country (Southern England). I'd love to see a bit more representation for the rest of the UK- us Northern Irish, Scots and Welsh exist too you know! :D

Unfortunately the problem of imitation cuisine and narrow representation is an issue with most pavilions, but I imagine getting them to a point where everyone's happy would be next to impossible.

Magenta Panther

They could combine it with his Jungle Book for some synergy...

Heh heh, good one! And not a bad idea, actually. But I suppose most people don't really think of Jungle Book as being particularly British, despite Kipling and Bagheera's accent in both film versions, so its inclusion in UK isn't remotely possible. It totally should have gone into AK instead of dippy old Pandora, though, IMO.

The Empress Lilly

Heh heh, good one! And not a bad idea, actually. But I suppose most people don't really think of Jungle Book as being particularly British, despite Kipling and Bagheera's accent in both film versions, so its inclusion in UK isn't remotely possible. It totally should have gone into AK instead of dippy old Pandora, though, IMO.
That's a good question. Does Hamlet belong in Norway or in Britain? (Yes, I know Hamlet is Danish, but so is H.C Andersen and he ended up in Norway too!)

If Shakespeare's Hamlet should go into a UK pavilion, then Kipling's Jungle Book should too.

I'm still wonder why they have not jumped on Doctor Who as an attraction for Great Britain. Even if its just a US version of "The Doctor Who Experience" the run periodically across the pond.

Princess Leia

I'm still wonder why they have not jumped on Doctor Who as an attraction for Great Britain. Even if its just a US version of "The Doctor Who Experience" the run periodically across the pond.
... Because it's not nearly as popular as some American Who fans think it is? Don't get me wrong, it's a successful show, but if you asked people to identify The Enterprise, The Millenium Falcon, and The TARDIS, I have the feeling that most Americans wouldn't be able to identify the show belonging to the third.

I mentioned it before, but to keep a DW attraction current, it would need an update every few years (unless someone quit early like Eccleston), and Epcot is a prime example of Disney taking it's sweet time with updates.

The Empress Lilly

I heard from a DVC shuttle driver that they're releasing a bunch of Dalmatians in and around the UK pavilion and bam, a quick, cheap, and entertaining 101 Dalmatians attraction. Bob Iger should be proud.
What I wouldn't give for a dalmatian puppy show in the UK! Or just Roger and Anita walking two dalmatians. No meet & greet, just them taking their doges out for a walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom