Prop L back to haunt DL again

Tamandua

The parking garage scam never felt right to me. Unfortunately, covid has made Anaheim more subservient to Disney than ever.

cmwade77

CaptinEO

Nah, Disney will win hands down. Where they will likely loose is security checks, such as bag checks that were performed before the employees clocked in, which I believe was also.part.of this lawsuit that doesn't get talked about much.
I'm sure employees will be getting nice settlement checks for all the times they had to do bag checks unpaid.

truecoat

More likely, lawyers will get the bulk and CMs will get about $5 a piece for their trouble.

When employees are owed back pay and the government finds the business responsible, they get their full wages back.

Generally, a two-year statute of limitations applies to the recovery of back pay. In the case of willful violations, a three-year statute of limitations applies.

cmwade77

When employees are owed back pay and the government finds the business responsible, they get their full wages back.

Generally, a two-year statute of limitations applies to the recovery of back pay. In the case of willful violations, a three-year statute of limitations applies.
Chances are they won't get that far and it will end up with a settlement where the CMs get far less and Disney doesn't admit any wrongdoing.

cmwade77

So you don't understand labor law.
Oh, I do, but I also understand that it will only pay if a judge makes a ruling, if the lawsuit is dropped, the labor board is unlikely to pursue. They didn't with Costco, Apple and others that had similar practices when those suits were settled out of court.

Darkbeer1

All that happened is a judge let a case that is unlikely to succeed move forward, basically keeping a glimmer of hope alive for UNITE HERE.

But the case hasn't even been assigned to a Judge yet.

UNITE HERE wants to use it in next year's election, so doing anything they can to keep it alive.

And it doesn't even matter to CM's, as they are being made more than Measure L requires. It is the Starbucks employees, and backstage cafeteria workers employed by Sodeco that kept this alive.

TP2000

All that happened is a judge let a case that is unlikely to succeed move forward, basically keeping a glimmer of hope alive for UNITE HERE.

But the case hasn't even been assigned to a Judge yet.

UNITE HERE wants to use it in next year's election, so doing anything they can to keep it alive.

And it doesn't even matter to CM's, as they are being made more than Measure L requires. It is the Starbucks employees, and backstage cafeteria workers employed by Sodeco that kept this alive.

I've been interested to see how low UNITE HERE is laying during Covid and the gradual reopening of Disneyland.

All three hotels are now open, with skeleton crews and a lot of hotel restaurants/services still closed.

UNITE HERE must have lost a fortune in dues money in 2020, and now they aren't getting nearly the same amount they were getting in 2019.

Mostly silence from that union, and nothing really they can say they did to help the community in 2020. Not suprising from that salty crew of leeches, but still, they're awfully quiet. I can't tell if they've just been humbled and damaged, or they are plotting some sort of big comeback for '22. It's odd.

Darkbeer1

I've been interested to see how low UNITE HERE is laying during Covid and the gradual reopening of Disneyland.

All three hotels are now open, with skeleton crews and a lot of hotel restaurants/services still closed.

UNITE HERE must have lost a fortune in dues money in 2020, and now they aren't getting nearly the same amount they were getting in 2019.

Mostly silence from that union, and nothing really they can say they did to help the community in 2020. Not suprising from that salty crew of leeches, but still, they're awfully quiet. I can't tell if they've just been humbled and damaged, or they are plotting some sort of big comeback for '22. It's odd.
They just held a recent protest on front of the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom