Prop blaster pistol in park?

Prototype82

Original Poster
Hello all. I've been planning on going to Star Wars weekends as Han Solo. I have an old orange blaster pistol from when I was a kid and I want to paint it black and use it as a prop. So here's my question. Would security let me bring in such a prop? And if they did, could it get confiscated?

FettFan

I don't think it would be a major issue, as I had seen some guests in Stormtrooper and bounty hunter outfits with blasters back in 2011 SW Weekends. (seriously who goes dressed as DENGAR? Not even Dengar wants to be Dengar!)

However, rules have been known to change (especially after the Aurora Dark Knight incident), so if I were you I would call the park just before SW Weekends starts and get an official word on what their props policy is. :)

Britt

I'd definitely call first and find out their policy. IDK about it being painted black...if it were orange, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

wiigirl

I'd definitely call first and find out their policy. IDK about it being painted black...if it were orange, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

An Orange tip I think is the usual norm..
75.gif

wolf359

I don't know if the policy may have changed (or is going to be tweaked) but I think an adult bringing a toy gun that isn't obviously a toy is a bad idea. For this trip I'd just leave it orange and not have any problems or just drop the gun belt entirely.

FettFan

I don't know if the policy may have changed (or is going to be tweaked) but I think an adult bringing a toy gun that isn't obviously a toy is a bad idea. For this trip I'd just leave it orange and not have any problems or just drop the gun belt entirely.

Or just wear the gun belt, but with an empty holster.

If anyone questions you, you can just say it's a little nod to that other Harrison Ford character.

:p

Slipknot

If it's the one I'm thinking of, they probably won't have a problem with it. Studios security is where they keep the guns for LMA, the Indiana Jones stunt show and GMR when not in use so I'm pretty sure they would be able to tell the difference. Heck, it probably doesn't even weigh as much as a small revolver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom