Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

It appears this Omicron wave is peaking, so let's do a data check to track it at its high point, shall we?

LA County continues to have dramatically higher case rates than Orange County, more than two months after LA implemented strict mask and vaccine mandates countywide. Orange County (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm) continues to be a safer and healthier community to live in or visit a theme park in than LA County (Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain). Orange County also continues to have higher vaccination rates, and lower hospitalization rates than LA County.

As of January 18th, 2022....

L.A. County = 68.5% Fully Vaccinated, 5,251 Cases Per 100K Residents
Orange County = 68.8% Fully Vaccinated, 3,029 Cases Per 100K Residents

OC cases (26).png

LA cases (15).png

OC hospitalizations (23).png

LA hospitalizations (5).png

TP2000

And have you all ordered your free test kits yet? Don't tell Jen Psaki because she'd never believe it, but the government now has a website that will send out four free Covid test kits to every American who asks. Just so you have them on hand if you or a family member or friend needs one.

I already ordered mine, and it was very easy. It really just redirects you to a US Postal Service website, and the whole thing took less than a minute. My tests will be shipped in "late January", but the USPS will keep me updated when they ship.

https://www.covidtests.gov/

Emmanuel

Ok, soooo I am guessing there will be not requirement for proof of vaccination to enter a theme park any time soon.

Universal and SFMM are requiring it on some days per LA County's local order. Only way for Disneyland and Knotts to do it in the OC is if they choose to do it themselves or if the state tells all theme parks to do the same. Orange County won't do an order like LA County did

But in a few months it won't matter since some parts of CA is either almost to the peak of Omicron or past it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And have you all ordered your free test kits yet? Don't tell Jen Psaki because she'd never believe it, but the government now has a website that will send out four free Covid test kits to every American who asks. Just so you have them on hand if you or a family member or friend needs one.

I already ordered mine, and it was very easy. It really just redirects you to a US Postal Service website, and the whole thing took less than a minute. My tests will be shipped in "late January", but the USPS will keep me updated when they ship.

Yep, ordered mine earlier today. I was shocked that the website wasn’t down already. 😂

smooch

I went to order mine to discover someone in my family already ordered the kits for our household. Thanks for posting here though, never a bad idea to have free tests at home just in case you need them in the future!

TP2000

Every time I see anything about people on social media being "tired of wearing masks," the post right after it is usually a family member or a friend who has been pulling an 18-19.5 hour hospital shift and has bruises on their face from wearing all of their gear and/ or they're in tears.

Is the hospital situation that bad up in the Bay Area? :oops: I ask because the hospital ship USNS Mercy was sitting in port in San Diego last time I drove by in October, and according to it's current position it is still currently docked in San Diego.

The Mercy was the hospital ship sent up to Los Angeles in 2020 but never used. It has 1,000 hospital beds and is fully staffed with USN doctors and nurses that can care for a thousand civilians if needed. It could be steaming under the Golden Gate within a few days and admitting patients at Pier 35 if Governor Newsom were to request it.

The hospital situation is manageable here in OC. Our hospital bed usage, and especially the ICU's, of "those admitted with Covid" are less than half the rates they were a year ago.

OC hospitalizations (23).png

Last edited:

TP2000

It looks like the free masks show up at places like Walgreens.

I hope they have them at Target. I'll give it a few weeks for all the concerned folks to pick theirs up, then I'll snag a few myself for my garage, as the last batch of 3M's I bought a few years ago are worn out and Home Depot never has them in stock now. The N95's are excellent to use when I use the sander or spraypaint the bird feeders. I'm going to have spring projects to do soon! :)

el_super

Someone is make a ton of money off this pandemic and doesn't want it to end.

Yeah.. absolutely agree. Had people just figured out to wear their masks and get vaccinated, this pandemic would be over by now.

Really makes you wonder what motivation goes into convincing people that medicine is a sham.

TP2000

Yeah.. absolutely agree. Had people just figured out to wear their masks and get vaccinated, this pandemic would be over by now.

Really makes you wonder what motivation goes into convincing people that medicine is a sham.

Los Angeles County has had a strict vaccine mandate in place for almost three months now. There are over 10 Million people living in LA County, more people than many entire states. So although LA County still lags behind Orange County on vaccination rates, even though OC has no county mask or vaccine mandates, the sheer size and scope of LA County makes it a very good barometer.

Here are the current stats on who is, and who is not, fully vaccinated in LA County as of this week...

Asians = 79.8% Fully Vaccinated
Whites = 71.2% Fully Vaccinated
American Indians = 70.9% Fully Vaccinated
Latinos = 56.1% Fully Vaccinated
Blacks = 52.7% Fully Vaccinated

Females = 74.1% Fully Vaccinated
Males = 69.5% Fully Vaccinated

Age 65 And Over = 89.3% Fully Vaccinated
Age 18 to 29 = 69.9% Fully Vaccinated

These basic demographic trends have held steady for the past year now in LA County. So what the County and all other leaders need to focus on are the younger Black and Latino folks, especially the young Black and Latino men.

The excellent LA County vaccine dashboard is happy to break it into age groups by race for us;

Age 65+ Whites = 83.7% Fully Vaccinated
Age 65+ Latinos = 79.0% Fully Vaccinated
Age 65+ Blacks = 71.3% Fully Vaccinated

Age 18 to 29 Whites = 70.2% Fully Vaccinated
Age 18 to 29 Latinos = 54.6% Fully Vaccinated
Age 18 to 29 Blacks = 42.0% Fully Vaccinated

And the LA zip code map is also quite telling. The wealthy beach and hillside communities, plus the middle class valley suburbs are all highly vaccinated. The working class inland and central cities in LA County are the least vaccinated.

Playa Vista = 92% Fully Vaccinated
Pacific Palisades = 86% Fully Vaccinated
Watts = 57% Fully Vaccinated
Compton = 60% Fully Vaccinated

LAC_vaccine_map (12).png

Tamandua

Los Angeles County has had a strict vaccine mandate in place for almost three months now. There are over 10 Million people living in LA County, more people than many entire states. So although LA County still lags behind Orange County on vaccination rates, even though OC has no county mask or vaccine mandates, the sheer size and scope of LA County makes it a very good barometer.

Here are the current stats on who is, and who is not, fully vaccinated in LA County as of this week...

Asians = 79.8% Fully Vaccinated
Whites = 71.2% Fully Vaccinated
American Indians = 70.9% Fully Vaccinated
Latinos = 56.1% Fully Vaccinated
Blacks = 52.7% Fully Vaccinated

Females = 74.1% Fully Vaccinated
Males = 69.5% Fully Vaccinated

Age 65 And Over = 89.3% Fully Vaccinated
Age 18 to 29 = 69.9% Fully Vaccinated

These basic demographic trends have held steady for the past year now in LA County. So what the County and all other leaders need to focus on are the younger Black and Latino folks, especially the young Black and Latino men.

The excellent LA County vaccine dashboard is happy to break it into age groups by race for us;

Age 65+ Whites = 83.7% Fully Vaccinated
Age 65+ Latinos = 79.0% Fully Vaccinated
Age 65+ Blacks = 71.3% Fully Vaccinated

Age 18 to 29 Whites = 70.2% Fully Vaccinated
Age 18 to 29 Latinos = 54.6% Fully Vaccinated
Age 18 to 29 Blacks = 42.0% Fully Vaccinated

And the LA zip code map is also quite telling. The wealthy beach and hillside communities, plus the middle class valley suburbs are all highly vaccinated. The working class inland and central cities in LA County are the least vaccinated.

Playa Vista = 92% Fully Vaccinated
Pacific Palisades = 86% Fully Vaccinated
Watts = 57% Fully Vaccinated
Compton = 60% Fully Vaccinated

View attachment 615606

There's no such thing as "fully vaccinated" anymore. The CDC now includes boosters in the criteria and "fully vaccinated" is now "up to date." This newest moving of the goal posts is likely an effort to redefine what "unvaccinated" means to include people who have had multiple doses because so many of those people are dying compared to people who haven't taken any doses. They can conveniently claim again that most deaths are in the "unvaccinated," meaning people who may have had several doses of the vaccine but are not weeks past dose (current booster number). They've played so many dirty games with the data that no one should trust anything they say at this point.

I'm so glad I left California. I had forgotten what normal life was like. People are so much happier and healthier here. California feels like a giant mental asylum in comparison.

SuddenStorm

There's no such thing as "fully vaccinated" anymore. The CDC now includes boosters in the criteria and "fully vaccinated" is now "up to date." This newest moving of the goal posts is likely an effort to redefine what "unvaccinated" means to include people who have had multiple doses because so many of those people are dying compared to people who haven't taken any doses. They can conveniently claim again that most deaths are in the "unvaccinated," meaning people who may have had several doses of the vaccine but are not weeks past dose (current booster number). They've played so many dirty games with the data that no one should trust anything they say at this point.

I'm so glad I left California. I had forgotten what normal life was like. People are so much happier and healthier here. California feels like a giant mental asylum in comparison.

You may have said elsewhere, but which state did you move to?

I left CA for UT, and for a while wanted to make the move back. But after the last two years I'm thinking it's gonna be a while before making the move back.

Things would have to really change, or I'd have to win the lottery to make a move back to CA worth it.

Tamandua

You may have said elsewhere, but which state did you move to?

I left CA for UT, and for a while wanted to make the move back. But after the last two years I'm thinking it's gonna be a while before making the move back.

Things would have to really change, or I'd have to win the lottery to make a move back to CA worth it.
I moved to east Texas at the end of last month. We really tried to stick it out in California but after the long promised "full reopening" quickly transitioned back into unending covid restrictions and mandates, we left. I have family still in California and they're still telling me about all the things stressing them out. It's such a relief to not have to worry about any of it anymore. I wish we'd moved a long time ago, but the timing worked out with home values in Los Angeles being insane. It really helped us upgrade our lives here.

I'm actually a lot closer to Disney World now, but I'll always have a bigger connection to Disneyland.

TP2000

Trust me, I know. My tax guy practically begged me to get out last week. I've got a Zoom appointment next week with a real estate investor group who said they'd buy my primary house immediately for big cash. (It is a nice house, I admit, but it's helping push me closer and closer to bailing before the market crashes).

I spent Christmas vacation out of state. I was stunned at how normal everything was, how happy everyone was. I traveled to a different state at the new year, and was equally stunned at how much the dollar buys in housing there, and how clean and orderly everything was kept all over town. I'd forgotten what law and order and sanity was like.

California lost 370,000 people in 2021. Those numbers are not slowing down. I'm thinking I'm going to be able to add one to the 2022 tally.

Meanwhile, in Los Angeles...

Last edited:

truecoat

Trust me, I know. My tax guy practically begged me to get out last week. I've got a Zoom appointment next week with a real estate investor group who said they'd buy my primary house immediately for big cash. (It is a nice house, I admit, but it's helping push me closer and closer to bailing before the market crashes).

I spent Christmas vacation out of state. I was stunned at how normal everything was, how happy everyone was. I traveled to a different state at the new year, and was equally stunned at how much the dollar buys in housing there, and how clean and orderly everything was kept all over town. I'd forgotten what law and order and sanity was like.

California lost 370,000 people in 2021. Those numbers are not slowing down. I'm thinking I'm going to be able to add one to the 2022 tally.

Meanwhile, in Los Angeles...

It happens in California because that's where most of the goods are shipped.

truecoat

They can conveniently claim again that most deaths are in the "unvaccinated," meaning people who may have had several doses of the vaccine but are not weeks past dose (current booster number). They've played so many dirty games with the data that no one should trust anything they say at this point.

That's complete bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom