Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

Or be widely shared on Facebook, the premiere Pulitzer Prize-winning news medium for rural seniors and Millennial men who peaked in high school. ;)

I'm not on Facebook, and have no desire to be. But are there really men on Facebook? I always thought that since about 2015 it was only used by, you know, bored ladies. Women.

The only people I ever hear talking about Facebook in a sentence are ladies past 40 years of age.

Seriously. Are there men on Facebook in 2021?

TP2000

Just came from seeing Dune at the Alamo Drafthouse Theater in Downtown Los Angeles. Had to provide both my I.D. and proof of vaccination before entering.

Well, that sounds problematic. What if you don't have an ID? You are excluded from society?

So they checked the name on your government ID against the name on your CDC card? Interesting...

TP2000

This has been my experience in Vegas also, we recently went to a concert that required vaccinations and just showed pics on our phone as we entered the security lines. I’m showing my own card but I could have shows anyones since they weren’t comparing it to an ID.

I wasn’t surprised though since we were going to a 4000 person concert, even if they only spent an extra 10 seconds verifying each guest it would take forever to get everyone in. They are still sending everyone through metal detectors also so security were just trying to get everyone processed as quickly as possible.

Which makes me think the process playing out at Universal Studios is about the same.

Pretend to look, pretend to notice, pretend to care. Next!

TP2000

Not problematic at all. There were others in my theater. There’s no problem.

Well, that's actually very good to hear. :)

I have never had a single problem in my entire life producing government issued photo ID when requested by an authority of various kinds (either a perky airline gate agent, a slightly less-perky bank teller, or a dramatically less-perky highway patrolman). But I know showing government ID is an issue for some of the younger folks today.

Speaking of all that, we're now one week away from the LA County law going into effect. On Thursday, November 4th pretty much every single private business, and many public services, will require you to show a vaccination card in LA County.

In-N-Out Burger is the first to say flatly "No" to that government demand. Will the In-N-Out Burgers in Los Angeles County be shut down first I wonder?

cmwade77

Original Poster
Well, that's actually very good to hear. :)

I have never had a single problem in my entire life producing government issued photo ID when requested by an authority of various kinds (either a perky airline gate agent, a slightly less-perky bank teller, or a dramatically less-perky highway patrolman). But I know showing government ID is an issue for some of the younger folks today.

Speaking of all that, we're now one week away from the LA County law going into effect. On Thursday, November 4th pretty much every single private business, and many public services, will require you to show a vaccination card in LA County.

In-N-Out Burger is the first to say flatly "No" to that government demand. Will the In-N-Out Burgers in Los Angeles County be shut down first I wonder?
The Vaccine requirements for restaurants, etc. are only for LA City, not LA county. There is one ine place for the county for nightclubs, bars and a few other venues, but not restaurants.

Where it gets tricky is figuring out what exactly.is considered LA City vs an independent city in LA County, you pretty much need to have a major in geography to figure that out......lol

Parteecia

Good for you!

But I gotta ask... why didn't you just go to your local Target or CVS or Walgreens? Everyone has walk-in shots available immediately. No one needs a reservation now.
I made an appointment to make sure they had what I wanted when I wanted it and so I wouldn't have to wait in line if there were others ahead of me.

TP2000

The Vaccine requirements for restaurants, etc. are only for LA City, not LA county. There is one ine place for the county for nightclubs, bars and a few other venues, but not restaurants.

Where it gets tricky is figuring out what exactly.is considered LA City vs an independent city in LA County, you pretty much need to have a major in geography to figure that out......lol

Really? I went to a steakhouse in LA County, but no where near LA City limits, and they had signs up saying vaccination requirements would begin there on November 4th "per County mandates".

Maybe because that steakhouse has a cocktail lounge with a piano player? That qualifies them as a "bar"?

TP2000

What continues to interest me is how the vaccine mandate in Los Angeles, now less than a week away, is not increasing vaccination rates.

If anything, this week vaccination rates in Los Angeles County have declined.

InkedLAC_time_chart (3)_LI.jpg

Which is not good news, not just for the restaurant hostesses of Los Angeles County, but for the case rates of Covid. Los Angeles County still continues to have case rates that are noticeably higher than Orange County, where no mask or vaccine mandates exist or are planned.

This data is as of October 27th, 2021...

Los Angeles County Confirmed Cases Past 14 Days = 138 Per 100,000

InkedLA cases (3)_LI.jpg

Orange County Confirmed Case Rates Past 14 Days = 106 Per 100,000

InkedInkedOC cases (17)_LI.jpg

So Orange County has a confirmed case rate that is 25% lower than LA County.

And Orange County has testing rates per capita that are much higher, almost triple that of LA County. These are the current daily testing rates, from a 7 day rolling average.

LA County Daily Average Testing Rate = 12,143 People Per Day (1,202 Tests Per 1 Million People)
Orange County Daily Average Testing Rate = 11,838 People Per Day (3,818 Tests Per 1 Million People)

Last edited:

TP2000

As for vaccinations across SoCal, San Diego County and Orange County continue to lead the way of fully vaccinated residents. LA County is middle of the pack. The Inland Empire is far behind the coastal areas.

As of October 27th, 2021...

California Statewide = 60.6% Fully Vaccinated

San Diego County = 65.9% Fully Vaccinated
Orange County = 63.3% Fully Vaccinated
Los Angeles County = 61.9% Fully Vaccinated
Riverside County = 51.5% Fully Vaccinated
San Bernardino County = 48.3% Fully Vaccinated

Parteecia

I found the definitive reason for differing vaccination rates:

"... The department found that vaccination rates vary dramatically by astrological sign, from 70% of Leos to just 46% of Scorpios, who, if zodiac stereotypes hold true, perhaps hope to contract COVID-19 in order to deliberately infect someone else in retaliation against a perceived slight. ..."

Last edited:

TP2000

"... The department found that vaccination rates vary dramatically by astrological sign, from 70% of Leos to just 46% of Scorpios, who, if zodiac stereotypes hold true, perhaps hope to contract COVID-19 in order to deliberately infect someone else in retaliation against a perceived slight. ..."

That's hysterical! And it makes soooo much sense! 🤣

Thank you for that, we probably all needed it. :)

MarvelCharacterNerd

Thank you for literally the BEST news article about Covid and vaccinations. Ever. :D

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

You think that's bad, you should try looking at voting precincts sometime. If they're anything like St. Clair County IL, it looks like someone gave a drunk toddler a crayon and said, "Good enough!" (And yes, I know there are reasons for splitting the areas up as they do, but, dayum, they are a mess.)

Dear Prudence

Got boosted on Saturday. Had booked the appointment because there was promise of the first vaccine. TURNS OUT they had run out, so my booster was with one of the brands I was allergic to. It was a... very unpleasant experience. o_O 🙃 Still glad to be boosted! Hopefully the mix and match won't cause me any troubles!

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Got boosted on Saturday. Had booked the appointment because there was promise of the first vaccine. TURNS OUT they had run out, so my booster was with one of the brands I was allergic to. It was a... very unpleasant experience. o_O 🙃 Still glad to be boosted! Hopefully the mix and match won't cause me any troubles!
Hopefully all turns out well for you!

TP2000

I know this wasn't supposed to be funny. And I'm sure it was a huge headache for the CM's involved, plus the paying customers. But... somehow this just makes me laugh! I know, I'm bad. But I'm laughing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom