Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

October82

Why have more Americans died from COVID in 2021 than 2020?

While other people are correct to point out that delta has led to more deaths than otherwise would have occurred and hence remains a serious public health threat, the majority of Covid deaths occurred in the first 3-4 months of 2021. This was a perfect storm of cold temperatures, reduced social distancing measures, and timing. The vaccination campaign mainly occurred after the deadliest months of the pandemic in early 2021. What we've seen since then are more cases but fewer deaths, and deaths almost exclusively among the unvaccinated.

The vaccines really do work.

TP2000

Report From Behind The Angels Iron Curtain!

Tonight I went up to LA County and met some friends for cocktails and prime rib supper at a swanky joint about 10 miles over the LA County border. I was so intent on remembering to bring the two bottles of wine I wanted to share that I really did forget to bring a mask with me.

No worries. I waltzed in and told the hostess "I just drove up from Orange County and I completely forgot my mask. Do you have a loaner?" After a bit of hostess patter about how my face was too handsome to cover (Aw... thank you girls! But I know you are lying. 😚) I was given a mask. Which was all such a farce.

People wandered around this LA County restaurant entirely unmasked. The Science! apparently has told us that you can't catch Covid when you sit for three hours in a corner banquette drinking and eating with random people from four different households, and you can't catch Covid when you walk maskless to the Men's Room before the dessert course, you only have to wear a mask during your arrival and 90 second walk to the table because that's when Covid really strikes! 🤣

During the salad course, I asked to have the wine bottles opened to breathe. Being the gentleman that I am, I of course insisted that our lovely waitress join us in tasting the wine once it had been opened. She brought an extra glass to the table, and was happy to pull off her mask and taste the wine with us. She approved, I poured more into her glass and told her to enjoy it later. She beamed, and was happy to chat with us for a few moments as we all made that silly mmm-mmm noise you make when you taste wine, and she was completely unmasked and adorably human. The Science!

I was just reminded how silly and stupid these mask rules in LA now are in late 2021. A restaurant in OC has no mask rules for anyone, not employees or customers. But over the border in LA, you have to put on this show of wearing your mask for at least 90 seconds when you first arrive in the restaurant, before you take off your mask for the next three hours of dining and talking over four courses in a banquette full of friends.

Is there science behind this? No, of course not. But it sure looks good for the bureaucrats! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Texas84

Report From Behind The Angels Iron Curtain!

Tonight I went up to LA County and met some friends for cocktails and prime rib supper at a swanky joint about 10 miles over the LA County border. I was so intent on remembering to bring the two bottles of wine I wanted to share that I really did forget to bring a mask with me.

No worries. I waltzed in and told the hostess "I just drove up from Orange County and I completely forgot my mask. Do you have a loaner?" After a bit of hostess patter about how my face was too handsome to cover (Aw... thank you girls! But I know you are lying. 😚) I was given a mask. Which was all such a farce.

People wandered around this LA County restaurant entirely unmasked. The Science! apparently has told us that you can't catch Covid when you sit for three hours in a corner banquette drinking and eating with random people from four different households, and you can't catch Covid when you walk maskless to the Men's Room before the dessert course, you only have to wear a mask during your arrival and 90 second walk to the table because that's when Covid really strikes! 🤣

During the salad course, I asked to have the wine bottles opened to breathe. Being the gentleman that I am, I of course insisted that our lovely waitress join us in tasting the wine once it had been opened. She brought an extra glass to the table, and was happy to pull off her mask and taste the wine with us. She approved, I poured more into her glass and told her to enjoy it later. She beamed, and was happy to chat with us for a few moments as we all made that silly mmm-mmm noise you make when you taste wine, and she was completely unmasked and adorably human. The Science!

I was just reminded how silly and stupid these mask rules in LA now are in late 2021. A restaurant in OC has no mask rules for anyone, not employees or customers. But over the border in LA, you have to put on this show of wearing your mask for at least 90 seconds when you first arrive in the restaurant, before you take off your mask for the next three hours of dining and talking over four courses in a banquette full of friends.

Is there science behind this? No, of course not. But it sure looks good for the bureaucrats! :rolleyes:
Friends in LA are telling me you just wave a picture of the card on your phone to get in to a venue or restaurant. No one is really checking.

denyuntilcaught

Friends in LA are telling me you just wave a picture of the card on your phone to get in to a venue or restaurant. No one is really checking.
Yes it's quite easy. I've been to the Pantages (Hamilton was fantastic, by the way), and quite a few bars and restaurants who quickly ask to see the vaccination proof - just like showing an ID - and then let you go your merry way. Not an inconvenience in the slightest.

TP2000

Yeah, the whole thing is a joke. You only have to pull up a random photo of some random CDC card on your phone, so the hostess or bouncer or shopclerk can pretend to look at it for 1 second.

The LA restaurant I went to didn't care about vaccine cards, but at the hostess stand and in the Mens Room they had paper signs up that said county vaccine requirements would begin November 4th.

But then, the restaurant I went to was also packed and back at full capacity, with every table taken last night. And masks only had to be worn for the first 60 to 90 seconds of your arrival, just to show no one in particular something that is not quite logical to me.

Apparently Covid attacks when you first arrive and check in with the hostess, and not during the walk from the cocktail lounge to your banquette. Because if you walk around the packed restaurant with a dry martini in your hand, or sit for 15 minutes on a barstool upon arrival, or sit for 3 hours in a banquette with three other friends, Covid leaves you alone. Or something.

Last edited:

denyuntilcaught

Yeah, the whole thing is a joke. You only have to pull up a random photo of some random CDC card on your phone, so the hostess or bouncer or shopclerk can pretend to look at it for 1 second.

That being said, everywhere I've been the bouncer/guard/whomever does make sure the name on the card matches the ID. Takes a few seconds, and isn't fail proof, but does enough to get the job done.

Again, mitigation and coercion is the name of the game, not elimination.

Heppenheimer

FDA decision on kids 5-11 coming today:

For anyone who claims they like to "do their own research", start with the report submitted by Pfizer on the linked page. But of course, we all know that's not where they'll "do their own research", mainly because it isn't written at a 5th grade level.

Last edited:

denyuntilcaught

FDA decision on kids 5-11 coming today:

For anyone who claims they like to "do their own research", start with the report submitted by Pfizer on the linked page. But of course, we all know that's not were they'll "do their own research", mainly because it isn't written at a 5th grade level.
Or be widely shared on Facebook, the premiere Pulitzer Prize-winning news medium for rural seniors and Millennial men who peaked in high school. ;)

That said, I personally blame Facebook for the high level of misinformation that drives these sort of conversations.

Dear Prudence

According to the CDC, you can "mix and match" booster shots if the brand you got your first round of shots with isn't available. Since I am allergic to two of them and can ONLY get the one I am not allergic to, it was, not gonna lie, was a little overwhelming. KQED was way more helpful than My Turn. When I finally got to book the booster, they didn't even really ask or try to verify why. I look forward to getting boosted on Saturday!

Heppenheimer

The vote is in for the pediatric vaccination... 17 votes in favor of EAU and one abstention.

The FDA committee notes, however, that they expect that the proposed dosing schedule will likely change with more experience with the vaccine.

The committee also stated that although the overall benefit greatly outweighs the risk, we will need to monitor the incidence of myocarditis very closely, since the trial wasn't sufficiently powered to detect this possible complication.

denyuntilcaught

Californian Elitist

And here I was told no business would try to enforce proof of vaccination. ;)

This post actually reminded me that I need to pack my vaccination card in my backpack before I head out for the day (in case the electronic version for any reason isn’t taken). Going to see Dune this afternoon.

Thanks for the reminder!

waltography

Booster booked 😎🎉🎊
Same here! Getting a Moderna booster after my JnJ shot before my next Disney trip - what a time to be alive.

Businesses on the whole have been great at this. When I went to the Academy Museum last weekend the Photos app UI accidentally covered the vaccination dates on my screenshot and they asked me to tap on my screen so they could see the dates.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Imagine that, businesses actually following a public health directive instead of openly defying it.

Shows its not difficult to enforce, that it doesn't somehow require some special medical degree to read the cards, and doesn't even require a special workforce. And really shows that this rampant use of fake vaccination cards to go out to dinner is false.

cmwade77

Original Poster

Umm, I am not sure where they have been visiting, but the places I have gone to in LA County do not enforce any of this. And this includes, gyms, grocery stores, restaurants and some retail when I can't find an Orange county equivalent. Sure, they all have the signs, but I never had one ask for verification of vaccination status or even tell me to put a mask on.

cmwade77

Original Poster
Imagine that, businesses actually following a public health directive instead of openly defying it.

Shows its not difficult to enforce, that it doesn't somehow require some special medical degree to read the cards, and doesn't even require a special workforce. And really shows that this rampant use of fake vaccination cards to go out to dinner is false.
This comment shows that people will believe the lies that media spreads and not go and find out answers for themselves.

Vegas Disney Fan

This has been my experience in Vegas also, we recently went to a concert that required vaccinations and just showed pics on our phone as we entered the security lines. I’m showing my own card but I could have shows anyones since they weren’t comparing it to an ID.

I wasn’t surprised though since we were going to a 4000 person concert, even if they only spent an extra 10 seconds verifying each guest it would take forever to get everyone in. They are still sending everyone through metal detectors also so security were just trying to get everyone processed as quickly as possible.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This comment shows that people will believe the lies that media spreads and not go and find out answers for themselves.
Do you have any proof that this report is somehow false or otherwise an outright lie besides anecdotal evidence? Do you have actual proof that the county health inspectors from this report lied or falsified data on their actual report that is public?

Also that is a very bold of you to assume what I have and haven't gone to find out for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom