Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
According to the California Department of Public Health via the links I included above, the current statewide full vaccination rate (both Pfizer/Moderna shots, or one J&J shot) in California is 58.6%.

Because it's Friday and I like you, we'll round that up to 59%! šŸ„³

You need to ask to speak to the manager in Sacramento, not me.

Your issue appears to be with the California Department of Public Health and county agencies like the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. They primarily use the data based on Californians of all ages, not just 12 and above.

It does get confusing because there's a few million Californians under age 12, but Sacramento and the various County governments often don't use them in their statistics. But then once in awhile, they'll use the entire state population as a point of reference. Like most government work, they aren't very good at it.

What's nice is that all of the information I offer here in this thread comes from the same primary sources;

California Department of Public Health
LA County Department of Public Health
Orange County Health Care Agency

That's a constant. It doesn't really change.
That is why if you REALLY want to get the true numbers you use the CDC website that I provided. Its their job to collocate every states data and track it.

They have this really handy dandy little tool that allows you to get any variation of the vaccine metrics to analyze to your hearts desire. Just set the data metric you want, hover over the state and PRESTO, you have your data dump.

BTW, I've provided this to you many many many times before. And every time you use the same excuse, go talk to the people who run the sites you get your data from as its not your fault. How about instead of using xyz site, you actually use the site that really holds all the data.

Also just an additional FYI, here is the states REAL vaccine tracker:

Which shows the eligible population statics not the full population. Because the state actually know that the 0-11 population can't be vaccinated yet so they don't include them in the metrics.

TP2000

That is why if you REALLY want to get the true numbers you use the CDC website that I provided. Its their job to collocate every states data and track it.

They have this really handy dandy little tool that allows you to get any variation of the vaccine metrics to analyze to your hearts desire. Just set the data metric you want, hover over the state and PRESTO, you have your data dump.

BTW, I've provided this to you many many many times before. And every time you use the same excuse, go talk to the people who run the sites you get your data from as its not your fault. How about instead of using xyz site, you actually use the site that really holds all the data.

Also just an additional FYI, here is the states REAL vaccine tracker:

Which shows the eligible population statics not the full population. Because the state actually know that the 0-11 population can't be vaccinated yet so they don't include them in the metrics.

The CDC is getting that info from the states. In this case, the California Department of Public Health.

I'm going to continue using the information and graphics provided by the Los Angeles Times, the Orange County Register, or the individual county websites themselves.

The CDC is great, don't get me wrong. But the daily newspapers and county health agencies in California have a more targeted and local insight into current Covid status, like countywide hospitalization (which we've always been told is a major driver in shutting down or opening up theme parks).

Or in the case of Lxs Angxlxs, their incessant focus on racial, age and zip code demographics to show exactly who is vaccinated and who is not.

Lxs Angxlxs County Vaccination Demographics - September 30th, 2021

Ages 65 to 79 = 96% Vaccinated
Ages 18 to 29 = 68% Vaccinated

Asians = 81% Vaccinated
American Indians = 75% Vaccinated
Whites = 72% Vaccinated
Latinos = 62% Vaccinated
Blacks = 53% Vaccinated

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The CDC is getting that info from the states. In this case, the California Department of Public Health.
Ok, then use the ACTUAL California Department of Public Health website that I just gave.

Here it is again:

It provides you all the actual county information as well, and all the race metrics you keep wanting to show. And it does it using the real numbers of eligible.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Ok, then use the ACTUAL California Department of Public Health website that I just gave.

Here it is again:

It provides you all the actual county information as well, and all the race metrics you keep wanting to show. And it does it using the real numbers of eligible.
Stop being a troll please.

TP2000

Stop being a troll please.

Aw, he's okay. And he means well.

But at some point, you just have to take a step back. As if the Covid info published by California's leading newspapers using the exact data from the California Department of Public Health and the various county health agencies aren't accurate or trustworthy?

Like suddenly the LA Times and the OC Register and the Lxs Angxlxs County Dept. of Public Health are all peddling in Fake News???

I don't buy it. The data is the data. I'm not even sure what we're arguing about at this point. šŸ¤£

Or maybe it's a case of those kids today who claim they live "their truth", even if their truth isn't grounded in actual truth? Like the actual truth that Black folks are the least vaccinated in SoCal, and yet everyone is concerned about mythical white people eating cheez-whiz (gross!) that are somehow threatening the fully vaccinated people with cheez-whiz scented Covid germs?

My hunch is that no one wants to go on record saying the Black community needs to step up and start getting vaccinated ASAP, so instead they blame the cheez-whiz eating white community instead.

I don't get it. If you are vaccinated, you are safe. So go out and enjoy life!

Last edited:

truecoat

Actually, some of these countries haven't faired any better than we have. Sorry, please read the articles out there about them. Others have fared better as well, but the point is many countries are simply saying enough is enough.

Lol, you couldn't be more wrong about Norway. 68% vaccination rate is the reason they relaxed restrictions and US citizens aren't allowed in the country.

Norway.jpg

TP2000

Lol, you couldn't be more wrong about Norway. 68% vaccination rate is the reason they relaxed restrictions and US citizens aren't allowed in the country.

View attachment 591024

To be fair, they just relaxed those rules partially 10 days ago, on September 25th.

The only people allowed into Norway as of the 25th are EU members and UK citizens, and the three (3) following exemptions: Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, and Taiwan.

I have to think the Saudi Arabia exemption is due to the Norwegian Oil Industry, which is about the only industry Norway actually has besides frozen Lutefisk filets and itchy sweaters. Also fjord watching.

The rest of the world is still cut off from Norway. The United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, China, India, heck.... it's faster to just list continents; North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Australia/Oceania and Antarctica. Norway does not welcome you.

truecoat

To be fair, they just relaxed those rules partially 10 days ago, on September 25th.

The only people allowed into Norway as of the 25th are EU members and UK citizens, and the three (3) following exemptions: Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, and Taiwan.

I have to think the Saudi Arabia exemption is due to the Norwegian Oil Industry, which is about the only industry Norway actually has besides frozen Lutefisk filets and itchy sweaters. Also fjord watching.

The rest of the world is still cut off from Norway. The United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, China, India, heck.... it's faster to just list continents; North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Australia/Oceania and Antarctica. Norway does not welcome you.

Well, his point was that Norway, Denmark and Sweden just said screw it and opened up. They didn't, they achieved a high rate of vaccination.

Many states have opened up with no restrictions and we have over a thousand a day dying.

TP2000

Well, his point was that Norway, Denmark and Sweden just said screw it and opened up. They didn't, they achieved a high rate of vaccination.

Many states have opened up with no restrictions and we have over a thousand a day dying.

True, but many of our states are nearing high rates of vaccination too. Plus all that natural immunity out there from maybe a hundred million Americans who already had Covid and have higher amounts of antibodies than the vaccines provide.

At some point, this thing is over. Here in SoCal home to 20+ Million people of very diverse demographics, the data seems to show Covid is petering out quickly. But we'll learn more in a few days from this week's Data Dump of misinformation hard facts and statistics from the California Department of Public Health. :)

It should be noted, Orange County remains without a mask mandate and Disneyland is seeing record crowds.

mickEblu

So did we hear about the LA mandate requiring vaccination proof to go to indoor restaurants, gyms, malls and etc?

Not sure if and how something like this would be enforced. Ventura and Orange County have sounded great to me for a long time.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

So did we hear about the LA mandate requiring vaccination proof to go to indoor restaurants, gyms, malls and etc?

Not sure if and how something like this would be enforced. Ventura and Orange County have sounded great to me for a long time.
Not surprising. Folks here know Iā€™m a strong backer of vaccines and mandatesā€¦ but for large venues, concerts, bars/nightclubs, and theme parks that can afford to hire additional private security to enforce.

I have little faith in society to do the right thing here, and with unemployment already high Iā€™d hate to put hourly employees or already struggling family owned businesses in this position of enforcement. Especially when I donā€™t think the city of LA has financed or trained enough police to enforce this effectively.

Living in Ventura County, I kind of hope we donā€™t go this far (weā€™re a bit more ā€œmiddle of the roadā€ on this, though we have an indoor mask order). Orange County wonā€™t ever go for it. Thereā€™s still a good chance the state of California will push legislation on this again next session though.

mickEblu

Not surprising. Folks here know Iā€™m a strong backer of vaccines and mandatesā€¦ but for large venues, concerts, bars/nightclubs, and theme parks that can afford to hire additional private security to enforce.

I have little faith in society to do the right thing here, and with unemployment already high Iā€™d hate to put hourly employees or already struggling family owned businesses in this position of enforcement. Especially when I donā€™t think the city of LA has financed or trained enough police to enforce this effectively.

Living in Ventura County, I kind of hope we donā€™t go this far (weā€™re a bit more ā€œmiddle of the roadā€ on this, though we have an indoor mask order). Orange County wonā€™t ever go for it. Thereā€™s still a good chance the state of California will push legislation on this again next session though.

I donā€™t think there is a Universal Right Thing in this scenario.

Orange County it is! Iā€™ve always thought I had to leave California for the life I want but thereā€™s plenty of places in California that will provide me more space, less congestion, cleaner streets and air etc.

Now to comfortably afford a decent house yeah I probably have to go somewhere pretty undesirable in California or leave the state.

Anyway, LA has lost its mind or at least the people running it. Iā€™ve been drawn to Orange County since I was young boy so this just one more excuse to make the move.

Last edited:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Anyway, LA has lost its mind or at least the people running it. Iā€™ve been drawn to Orange County since I was young boy so this just one more excuse to make the move.
As someone who finds themselves in between OC and LA politically and who likes things a bit more laid back Ventura County fits my style. OC is beautiful though.

Iā€™ll concur with you on LA though. I was born in the Valley, but I donā€™t think I could see myself out there anymore.

mickEblu

As someone who finds themselves in between OC and LA politically and who likes things a bit more laid back Ventura County fits my style. OC is beautiful though.

Iā€™ll concur with you on LA though. I was born in the Valley, but I donā€™t think I could see myself out there anymore.

I live in the Valley. Born and raised. Iā€™m so over it. Too hot. Too congested. And LA County.

TP2000

Let me just drop this here about CDC Vaccine Card checks at restaurants and bars up in LA...

Earlier tonight I met some friends for drinks and dinner, a farewell of sorts as I'm about to pack up my Endless Summer and head back to OC. We were at a not-cheap restaurant in La Jolla that's been there successfully for many years. We had a reservation confirmed on Opentable. We were all well-dressed, well-groomed, pleasant looking polite people who got there a titch early and were happy to crash in the bar until our table was ready. And yet...

The young 20 year old ladies running the hostess stand, and their barely 25 year old "manager" in an expensive Italian suit (Canali probably, looked great!) couldn't quite figure it out. They were flummoxed by their glowing screen who said our table was ready (table 21), but was contradicted by the manager who said table 21 wasn't ready and we should be seated at table 29. After much poking at the glowing screen, and right-swipes by the manager trying to clear the system... We were eventually led to the bar to wait, where I ordered the gang a round of cocktails and we happily waited.... for 20 minutes past our reservation time in a half-full restaurant. The manager and a hostess arrived and apologized because "the system" was being very uncooperative tonight. No problem, I could honestly care less and was in good company, and off we went to table 29.

And yet I'm left thinking... LA County bureaucrats think the average restaurant hostess stand, even at expensive beachside restaurants, should be in charge of validating the health status of diners before they are seated? Hell, these kids can barely handle "the system" and a glowing touch screen for a party of 4 on a slow Wednesday night! šŸ˜

But the brain trust at the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors thinks the 20 year old restaurant hostesses of Southern California should be the gatekeepers to safely vaccinated environments?!? Based on a simple paper card that anyone with a $30 printer could create at home?

The age we are living in is complete and hysterical madness. And it's even funnier that many people pretend to go along with it in the name of Health Theater. šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom