• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

TP2000

"outdoor" dining in NYC = Indoor, cramped, no ventilation.
View attachment 613804

Oh, I can top that.

I went up to Oregon a year ago and we went into downtown Portland for dinner a couple evenings. The indoor dining rooms in Portland were off limits, so all the restaurants had to create bubble tents out on the sidewalks and streets where somehow it was perfectly acceptable to have dinner in. It was typical Portland weather; temps around 50 with constant drizzle.

Portland's Covid dining bubbles had no HVAC systems or ventilation, but they were lined with dingy wet AstroTurf, had propane patio heaters, and were damp and airless. Seemingly a perfect bubble for a virus to spread within, but it was all perfectly acceptable! 🤣

e95be13a-5490-4f81-b062-c6f9e69aa403-medium16x9_PortlandRestaurant1.JPG

truecoat

Oh, I can top that.

I went up to Oregon a year ago and we went into downtown Portland for dinner a couple evenings. The indoor dining rooms in Portland were off limits, so all the restaurants had to create bubble tents out on the sidewalks and streets where somehow it was perfectly acceptable to have dinner in. It was typical Portland weather; temps around 50 with constant drizzle.

Portland's Covid dining bubbles had no HVAC systems or ventilation, but they were lined with dingy wet AstroTurf, had propane patio heaters, and were damp and airless. Seemingly a perfect bubble for a virus to spread within, but it was all perfectly acceptable! 🤣

e95be13a-5490-4f81-b062-c6f9e69aa403-medium16x9_PortlandRestaurant1.JPG

Now this one is pretty dumb.

Newtwo

Not exactly sure what you want him to do at this point.
It's more about what his administration SHOULD have done before we got to the point we're at now.

For a man who ran on the platform of "I'm going to defeat the virus" he has failed miserably.

His press secretary smirked at a reporter asking why Americans couldn't get free at home testing kits back at the start of December.

Only a few weeks later they announced they would send out 500 million at home tests kits to Americans.

Well, we're all still waiting on how we can get these at home tests kits. And by the time we get them, it will be much too late.

He and his administration has absolutely failed the American people. After yesterdays defeats, his presidency is essentially over.

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

It's more about what his administration SHOULD have done before we got to the point we're at now.

For a man who ran on the platform of "I'm going to defeat the virus" he has failed miserably.

His press secretary smirked at a reporter asking why Americans couldn't get free at home testing kits back at the start of December.

Only a few weeks later they announced they would send out 500 million at home tests kits to Americans.

Well, we're all still waiting on how we can get these at home tests kits. And by the time we get them, it will be much too late.

He and his administration has absolutely failed the American people. After yesterdays defeats, his presidency is essentially over.
Exactly. There were so many things he could have and should have done, and did none of them. He hasn't even tried. I don't understand why more people aren't screaming about this.

truecoat

Biden: Get vaccinated?

NO!

Biden: Wear masks?

NO!

Biden: More testing?

NO! Why don't you fix this?

TP2000

It appears this Omicron wave is peaking, so let's do a data check to track it at its high point, shall we?

LA County continues to have dramatically higher case rates than Orange County, more than two months after LA implemented strict mask and vaccine mandates countywide. Orange County (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm) continues to be a safer and healthier community to live in or visit a theme park in than LA County (Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain). Orange County also continues to have higher vaccination rates, and lower hospitalization rates than LA County.

As of January 18th, 2022....

L.A. County = 68.5% Fully Vaccinated, 5,251 Cases Per 100K Residents
Orange County = 68.8% Fully Vaccinated, 3,029 Cases Per 100K Residents

OC cases (26).png

LA cases (15).png

OC hospitalizations (23).png

LA hospitalizations (5).png

TP2000

And have you all ordered your free test kits yet? Don't tell Jen Psaki because she'd never believe it, but the government now has a website that will send out four free Covid test kits to every American who asks. Just so you have them on hand if you or a family member or friend needs one.

I already ordered mine, and it was very easy. It really just redirects you to a US Postal Service website, and the whole thing took less than a minute. My tests will be shipped in "late January", but the USPS will keep me updated when they ship.

https://www.covidtests.gov/

Emmanuel

Ok, soooo I am guessing there will be not requirement for proof of vaccination to enter a theme park any time soon.

Universal and SFMM are requiring it on some days per LA County's local order. Only way for Disneyland and Knotts to do it in the OC is if they choose to do it themselves or if the state tells all theme parks to do the same. Orange County won't do an order like LA County did

But in a few months it won't matter since some parts of CA is either almost to the peak of Omicron or past it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And have you all ordered your free test kits yet? Don't tell Jen Psaki because she'd never believe it, but the government now has a website that will send out four free Covid test kits to every American who asks. Just so you have them on hand if you or a family member or friend needs one.

I already ordered mine, and it was very easy. It really just redirects you to a US Postal Service website, and the whole thing took less than a minute. My tests will be shipped in "late January", but the USPS will keep me updated when they ship.

Yep, ordered mine earlier today. I was shocked that the website wasn’t down already. 😂

Smooch

I went to order mine to discover someone in my family already ordered the kits for our household. Thanks for posting here though, never a bad idea to have free tests at home just in case you need them in the future!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom