Proof of Time- Is it better to submit a bad one, or no proof at all?

Mgn240

Original Poster
I just completed my first runDisney event last weekend- the W&D 10K. I wasn't the most motivated with training, to say the least... a lot of apprehension over not knowing what to expect got in the way. I ended up walking the whole thing and finished in 1:45. That being said, overall the race was way easier than I thought it would be and I can't wait to do more runDisney events.

I am definitely planning on doing the W&D 10K next year, and thinking about the Princess Half in 2021. Now knowing what to expect, I am hoping to get in a much better training routine and significantly improve my time. I would like to use the 2020 10K time as my proof for Princess, but based on what I've seen some people mention, the proof of time deadline is late October/early November (next year's 10K will be 11/7).

Considering these factors... for corral placement, would it be better to submit my current 10K time of 1:45, as it could be the only proof I have by the deadline, or not to submit a time at all? The only remaining races for sale this runDisney season are the Princess and Rival Run half marathons, and Rival Run 5K. The 5K does not count towards proof I believe, and the others are not realistic right now.

I know this is thinking quite a bit ahead, but I would also like to start thinking about when I will need to submit a proof of time so I can plan other races accordingly. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I think on this instance it would be better not to, because I think it is a bit outside the 16 mins/mile limit set for a Disney half marathon.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I just completed my first runDisney event last weekend- the W&D 10K. I wasn't the most motivated with training, to say the least... a lot of apprehension over not knowing what to expect got in the way. I ended up walking the whole thing and finished in 1:45. That being said, overall the race was way easier than I thought it would be and I can't wait to do more runDisney events.

I am definitely planning on doing the W&D 10K next year, and thinking about the Princess Half in 2021. Now knowing what to expect, I am hoping to get in a much better training routine and significantly improve my time. I would like to use the 2020 10K time as my proof for Princess, but based on what I've seen some people mention, the proof of time deadline is late October/early November (next year's 10K will be 11/7).

Considering these factors... for corral placement, would it be better to submit my current 10K time of 1:45, as it could be the only proof I have by the deadline, or not to submit a time at all? The only remaining races for sale this runDisney season are the Princess and Rival Run half marathons, and Rival Run 5K. The 5K does not count towards proof I believe, and the others are not realistic right now.

I know this is thinking quite a bit ahead, but I would also like to start thinking about when I will need to submit a proof of time so I can plan other races accordingly. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

If your recorded average pace is 16 m/m or greater, no. You only need to provide PoT if you plan on finishing a half in under 2:45. When it comes time to register, just say you'll finish the Half between 2:46 and under 3:30, within the ranges given (in 15 minute increments). For the 10K, estimate what your average pace would be at the time of the race.

Mgn240

Original Poster
If your recorded average pace is 16 m/m or greater, no. You only need to provide PoT if you plan on finishing a half in under 2:45. When it comes time to register, just say you'll finish the Half between 2:46 and under 3:30, within the ranges given (in 15 minute increments). For the 10K, estimate what your average pace would be at the time of the race.

I've read on a few different blogs/forums that the last corral is people who did not submit a proof of time and, as long as you submit some proof of time, you get bumped up at least one corral. Not sure how accurate this is.

Thank you both for the feedback!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I've read on a few different blogs/forums that the last corral is people who did not submit a proof of time and, as long as you submit some proof of time, you get bumped up at least one corral. Not sure how accurate this is.

While that might be true, your proof of time would place you in the last corral in terms of your projected finishing time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I don't submit a PoT. I just indicate what my estimated finish time is. Usually placed in the 3rd to last corral.

dreamfinder

If you can't hit the posted pace, then it's not worth submitting one, just your estimated time. And it doesn't have to be a runDisney event, and officially timed event will be fine. So anything local, or even if you want to travel should be fine. You have almost a year to get a race with a faster time. Heck, you could still probablly find a Turkey Trot, Snowflake Shuffle, or something similar locally if you wanted to get one in this calendar year.

OG Runner

My suggestion would be to do a little bit of training and run a local 10k for a proof of time. Even if you run only half of the race you should greatly improve your time and have a better POT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom