Projects in the pipeline

wdwfan4ver

There was a rumor that TDO is looking at putting a boutique Star Wars half-day park for $200 admission, and you get to build a lightsaber, have a personalized experience, and probably some big fancy E-Ticket. They were looking at DHS, but due to space restrictions, it would be its own park.

I think Carsland and Star Wars could round out a fifth gate, and they could start with the Star Wars part, make it a boutique park, and then add on more stuff later.

I bet that Avatarland bites the dust.
You made that rumor up because there is no other sources on the forums outside of you making that statement and no one else on this forum in terms of this forums is making the claims of a Boutique Star Wars half-day park and credible insiders on this forums such as Lee already shut down your claim of a 5th park in the past.

Credible Insiders like Lee actually know people that work at Disney or in a few cases the insider actually is an employee of Disney.You are not currently an employee of Disney and you don't actually know anyone that works at Disney.

Your post sounds more like a WDWfanboy's dream anyway. You are the person that doesn't believe in getting a ride of existing attractions at DHS. If more Pixar attractions for DHS gets announced at D23, you need give up your 5th park hopes.

twebber55

It's weird to think we could be looking at another 4-5 years before another substantial addition is made to WDW.
weird and disappointing.... the only real thing i can do is not go to WDW until things change..... so once again next week when im in Orlando i will drive past the mouse and head to uni

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
About 30 minutes ago TSI was closed and there was seemingly a private tour going on. Passengers were in hard hats and one in casual business, along with a CM driving the boat/raft. After they docked they walked to Splash where work was well under way for the day. I snapped a picture while getting on BTM.

image-7_zps2c2bf83a.jpg

It's likely nothing but they had a big paper in hand as well (perhaps more cardboardish).

GeorgiaPinesRJB

There isn't going to be a boutique Star Wars fifth gate park. That's a lofty dream of some of you fanatics. Some of my fellow fanbois need to stop. I think it has been established that if and when Star Wars gets expanded, in WDW anyway, it'll be in the park it already has been established in.

Animaniac93-98

It's weird to think we could be looking at another 4-5 years before another substantial addition is made to WDW.

It's not weird, but more disapointing and expected given the lack of construction beyond what has actually been announced or already started.

That AK specifically has gone almost 7 years without anything new and will continue to do so for years to come (even if Avatarland starts today) should irk even the most die-hard fan of the park (well that, and the poor state of its current attraction mix). I remember when HP first opened and some commented that it was the first new addition in more than 10 years to that park and that was an issue itself, but the exact same thing is happening to AK right now and I don't see the same kind of negative reaction.

GLaDOS

It's not weird, but more disapointing and expected given the lack of construction beyond what has actually been announced or already started.

That AK specifically has gone almost 7 years without anything new and will continue to do so for years to come (even if Avatarland starts today) should irk even the most die-hard fan of the park (well that, and the poor state of its current attraction mix). I remember when HP first opened and some commented that it was the first new addition in more than 10 years to that park and that was an issue itself, but the exact same thing is happening to AK right now and I don't see the same kind of negative reaction.

Well, I think you can figure out why you don't see the same negative reaction.;)

But in reality, it will be over, or close to, a decade between E-tickets at the resort by the time Avatar or Carsland or whatever opens. That's far too long.

phi2134

I came to this site early on in the Fantasyland expansion days because I was looking forward to hearing the rumors, seeing the pictures and watching fantasyland grow...Along with seeing what else Disney had in store for the future. Now that the new fantasyland is out there and the only thing to really look forward to is the Mine Coaster, I can honestly say I have lost a desire for Disney related info. There is nothing to be excited about, nothing to get my hopes up, these next few years (maybe even 4-5) are going to be a really really dull time. My next trip isnt until late February but I am already bored with the New Fantasyland just from the pictures and trip reports. I am 31 and this might sound really selfish, but I want something for the grown ups, ride enthusiasts and Disney crazy people would enjoy. Give me something new, something that I can ride and look forward to. I havent felt anything like that in so long, to be honest I cant remember the last time I felt that.

I used to be someone who loved reading every little rumor about Disney and what they might build, but time after time after time I have become disappointed and disillusioned by all of it. As much as I love going to these websites, I find myself coming less and less due to the total lack of hype and commitment by TDO. In a sad way it feels like a part of me that has refused to grow up, has grown up and I would prefer to go lay on a beach instead of spending a week in WDW...I never thought this day would come.

MerlinTheGoat

About 30 minutes ago TSI was closed and there was seemingly a private tour going on. Passengers were in hard hats and one in casual business, along with a CM driving the boat/raft. After they docked they walked to Splash where work was well under way for the day. I snapped a picture while getting on BTM.

It's likely nothing but they had a big paper in hand as well (perhaps more cardboardish).
Hm. Possibly nothing indeed (and then even if it's something, still no telling whether it will actually happen). But there was a thread created by whylightbulb quite recently on a potential Fronteirland makeover (a major new attraction with Western River Expedition elements).
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/frontierland-makeover.856151/

Anyone know what's up or if this means anything substantial?
@Lee @whylightbulb @marni1971

Pixiedustmaker

You made that rumor up because there is no other sources on the forums outside of you making that statement and no one else on this forum in terms of this forums is making the claims of a Boutique Star Wars half-day park and credible insiders on this forums such as Lee already shut down your claim of a 5th park in the past.

Wrong on more than one point.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest-ID-81354.asp

Google Star Wars boutique park, and you'll get some info. Disney is actively looking at putting Star Wars into the parks, even in the form of a land or a whole new park.

All the info about the Star Wars boutique park is pretty much where I'm at, that it wouldn't go into DHS.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Google Star Wars boutique park, and you'll get some info. Disney is actively looking at putting Star Wars into the parks, even in the form of a land or a whole new park.

All the info about the Star Wars boutique park is pretty much where I'm at, that it wouldn't go into DHS.

That link to is to a poll on LP, which itself was based on a rumor from the Disney Gossip Blog, whose last rumor before that was an overhaul of DtD, last April (of which we're still waiting for anything to come through). Even our insiders on here have discounted the possibility of a SW park or expansion at DHS for quite a while, if ever. Disney doesn't need to build any parks to make their investment back on the purchase.....

SirLink

Fansite takes fan rumour and runs like wildfire through the community...it'll go in DHS eventually but expect sometime after 2020, they need Star Wars in Shanghai and Hong Kong first - actually I wonder if OLC are going to want more Star Wars within Tomorrowland...

Pixiedustmaker

You are the person that doesn't believe in getting a ride of existing attractions at DHS. If more Pixar attractions for DHS gets announced at D23, you need give up your 5th park hopes.

I'm all for getting rid of rides. My favorite parks are Epcot, AK, MK, and a distant fourth would be DHS. I don't like LMA, and see that Backlot should be plussed, or removed and something better put in. I don't even like New York Street, and Great Movie is a shadow of its former self.

But I'm also a realist who knows how the company works, and how unlikely it would be of even a 3/4th Carsland being built in DHS. Believe me, Carsland is great, but it needs every square foot, both Luigi's and Mater's, and RSR, and the shops and restaurants just to soak up the guests. Plus it really works as Radiator Springs, can't take out Mater's, or Luigi's (could change the ride), and still have it be the same place.

You might not believe me, but I think Al Lutz revealed that they are looking at opportunities to build the whole Carsland in other parks, such as in Tokyo, which has the $$$ to do a great job. I think realistically that Carsland would have to go into a fifth gate at WDW, and a Star Wars land at this gate would be nice too, if they could thematically wrap the two together. They could call it the "Disney Adventures" park, and offer boutique experiences, such as Star Wars stuff, and perhaps add the Drive-In they gutted from DCA, and make it a special experience with the Cars characters.

This might actually be good for DHS, they could take out Star Tours, put it in Star Wars land, and use the space for more Pixar.

Know given that I'm a realist . . . I'm not so sure of Lee's past claim that TDO was on the verge of giving the green light for Carsland at DHS such that construction will happen in "months" or later this year.

Pixiedustmaker

That link to is to a poll on LP, which itself was based on a rumor from the Disney Gossip Blog, whose last rumor before that was an overhaul of DtD, last April (of which we're still waiting for anything to come through). Even our insiders on here have discounted the possibility of a SW park or expansion at DHS for quite a while, if ever. Disney doesn't need to build any parks to make their investment back on the purchase.....

I'd have to say you're wrong on this one, I've heard from folks who . . . are certainly in a position to know, that Disney will want to make $$$ off of Star Wars (no surprise) and that they are actively looking at new experiences on the size of a land.

Not a phony Hollywood make-believe land either, so I'm not so sure it would go into DHS at all.

Pixiedustmaker

I remember that when I said on this site that Carsland wouldn't be coming to WDW "right away", folks thought I was nuts. Of course Disney had the money and talent to do Shanghai, Avatarland, and everything else they're working on, despite public statements from Disney brass that they aren't looking for a big CapEx expenditure in the parks over the next couple years.

Does anybody still think that the bulldozers will start clearing a good chunk of DHS to build Carsland this summer?

SirLink

I remember that when I said on this site that Carsland wouldn't be coming to WDW "right away", folks thought I was nuts. Of course Disney had the money and talent to do Shanghai, Avatarland, and everything else they're working on, despite public statements from Disney brass that they aren't looking for a big CapEx expenditure in the parks over the next couple years.

Does anybody still think that the bulldozers will start clearing a good chunk of DHS to build Carsland this summer?

You quoted my statement - and this hasn't anything to do with anything ...

disneyflush

I came to this site early on in the Fantasyland expansion days because I was looking forward to hearing the rumors, seeing the pictures and watching fantasyland grow...Along with seeing what else Disney had in store for the future. Now that the new fantasyland is out there and the only thing to really look forward to is the Mine Coaster, I can honestly say I have lost a desire for Disney related info. There is nothing to be excited about, nothing to get my hopes up, these next few years (maybe even 4-5) are going to be a really really dull time. .

I'm sure you are not alone in your sentiments here. Now imagine you have a Disney blog or website where you make your living providing news, updates, views, merchandise, etc., and you began seeing the patrons/customers lose interest due to lack of commitment or new attractions (for adults as you noted). How would you choose to cover the Fastpass+ announcement? Disney is forcing a lot of websites and bloggers hands on this one it seems to me. I appreciate this site because the admins are unfailingly neutral in allowing views in the forums. I hope they deliver on some of the projects they've announced other than FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom