Project Gemini Revealed

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Negative and positive at the same time. Some of it sounds true Disney but the crux still seems to revolve around the folding stuff. I think Ive more chance of making pope than the full plan seeing the light of day.
But a good read after all thanx.

Pippa

Thanks for the info, i am not saying that FW couldn't do with a makeover but i hope to goodness they dont touch WS or ROE.

JRead

"Not the sterile, beige 'Future as designed by Republicans' that EPCOT Center's original design team dreamed up"

haha that is so great.

Moustronaut

"Not the sterile, beige 'Future as designed by Republicans' that EPCOT Center's original design team dreamed up"

:cry: But that's why I like EPCOT so much. I mean yes I'm a geek I totally admit that and as a child of the late 70's, early 80's scifi shows like battlestar galatica and buck rogers I was totally amazed that someone BUILT something like that.

Just to go and sit on the west side of future world with the conceret spires of the monorail track, the organically shaped, concrete lined ponds, monorail travling over head and surrounded by the Sci Fi architecture is what made a trip to Epcot... a trip to Epcot.

And don't even get me started about gutting the Living Seas and turning it into a eco-friendly kid fest.

Ah well... enough venting

Walter

I pray that this is not true. I oughta go over there and knock some sense into their heads! EPCOT is supposed to be educational, that's what made it original. Well, I guess we can all kiss WDW's originality goodbye. They should always ask themselves this question before making any decision, "What would Walt do?" It could be a good thing, but it doesn't seem so. I'm sure that there are many people out there who think that EPCOT is boring, but, if they do, just leave it to the people who don't. They should build another park like this, instead. It would cost them less money-they wouldn't have to demolish anything. Plus, they would still get money from FW. But, that's just what I think.

Kenan

Project Gemini as Jim Hill describes, seems to be good. I dont like the fact that there may be attractions you can see on the outside. If you seen the map, you know what i mean with jr. autopia and rainforest rollercoaster. I know test track goes outside, but that is housed in a building. Another thing I dont like is the sudden use of trees. They may seem nice, but over hundreds of them? I can understand gardens with flowers and such (ima flower buff) but not trees. Im hoping the trees look nice though, if they ever get this off the ground. this is just my opinion. i may post more if i think of more....

meanmice

There are some good ideas in there, but I'm not sure I like all of them, especially the trees and the re-naming part. I like Future World and it's going to take some time for Discoveryland to grow on me. I also like how concrete everything looks. While it wouldn't go with the new name, it has a certain style about it. However, I do really like the attractions mentioned and the majorety of the changes. Then again, I'll believe it when I see it.

FutureCEO

>>>Indeed, with the U.S. economy currently in the toilet and the threat of war in the Middle East looming ever larger every day, the Walt Disney Company is reportedly considering all manner of cost savings measures right now. I've even heard talk that the Mouse is giving semi-serious thought to actually shutting down each of WDW's theme parks for one day each week. At least 'til the war with Iraq is over and/or tourist traffic patterns for the Orlando theme parks get back to normal<<<

:eek: :eek: :eek:

About the P.G. thing. I don't like the name. Rainforest Forest rollercoaster. wouldn't that fit better in AK? HNo, fountain, How can we live without that? while i do agree with more trees but not hundreds. Wouldn't it be cool if EPCOT could build an underground rollercoaster? I don't like this at all, while some parts of it i like but like more thrills, i donb't like it all together. If you want to do Project Gemini, do it to World Showcase. Not this idea but put thrill rides and attractions at every country.

MKCustodial

with an eye toward increasing Epcot's appeal among returning WDW guests 18 years of age or younger, "Project Gemini" is really trying to pile on the thrills.

Here it is, we don't need to argue anymore: welcome to Disney's Six Flags Discovery! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: By 2006 I hope I already have my first kid, so I'll probably visit it for one time and then save on that park's ticket for about 12 to 13 years.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Let's not forget our source here - Jim Hill. He's notorious for being wrong and stretching the truth quite a bit.

figment99

I still think this could be a very, very good thing. . .

As for those who say that Disney is getting rid of its "infotainment" value: look closely and many of these attractions will retain their themes. SE will still be about using time travel to look at human history; The Land will still cover environmental and agricultural issues; the Living Seas will still have SeaBase Alpha; and most of the eastern side of FW will be relatively untouched, save a few trees. I do wish they would keep WoL open, though. I suspect that it won't lose it's ability to educate.

If anything, I'm very excited about the revamping of The Land--a rainforest roller coaster? Wow!

And hey, we need a few more trees in the world, right? :animwink:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Fievel
Let's not forget our source here - Jim Hill. He's notorious for being wrong and stretching the truth quite a bit.

The best lies and deceptions always contain at least 50% truth. And dont forget he has used the best get out clause, if it dosent happen its because of money saving.:)

The Rainforest coaster could be a possibilty if its going to be a ready made option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom