problems with inline images not displaying

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm seeing this quite frequently, but it's not all images.. but the images it does happen on, it is consistent

Example...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/nyt-universal-takes-aim-at-disney.837827/page-49#post-4989670

In this post, I get no image loaded. If I open the same URL in another browser (that wouldn't have the same cache as my main browser).. I see the same thing.

But what is odd.. is if I use firebug to look at the actual URL (since the URL is not viewable in the normal page presentation).. I can load the image directly, but I can't get it to display inline in the thread.

Wierd was when testing this at work, once I loaded the image directly (firebug's URL preview) it was showing up in the forum inline... where here it flashed for a second, then went away.

Firefox v13 on win7 32bit here...

Is it just animated gifs that are the problem? but other inline smiles have worked...

NewfieFan

Not sure exactly what flynnibus just said but I'm having a lot of issues with pictures on the forum as well. I get the red x or the red x with IMG next to it. Sometimes the space is just blank with no picture at all. Is it my browser? I use IE but I've always used IE and never had a problem on the old forum.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not sure exactly what flynnibus just said but I'm having a lot of issues with pictures on the forum as well. I get the red x or the red x with IMG next to it. Sometimes the space is just blank with no picture at all. Is it my browser? I use IE but I've always used IE and never had a problem on the old forum.
Can you give me a link to a post that you are having trouble with?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't know how to link to a specific post but post #9 in this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-round-up.839410/#post-4993813 has three boxes with the red x and IMG next to it. The thing is it doesn't happen all the time... it's very random. Sometimes if I get out of IE and open the page again I can get the pictures to work (refreshing the page alone does not work).
That post has a problem with the included images from the user's web site. Do you have any other posts?

NewfieFan

That post has a problem with the included images from the user's web site. Do you have any other posts?

I wondered that b/c I saw another post by the same poster and saw the same three red x boxes. As soon as I come across a post that I'm having issues with I'll post a link here. Thanks for your help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom