Problems w/ Disney.com and a Mac

beerbaron

Original Poster
Hey everyone-

I've been trying to book a trip on-line at disney.com, but have been running into an isse. I tried with both of our computers, a MacBook and an iMac, and have been running into the same problem.

After I select my dates, put in the number of kids, and hit enter, I go to a page labled "Generating Quick Quote". On that page, nothing happens and nothing appears. I can't see the results, and can't move any further in booking our trip.:brick:

Has anyone else had similar issues? Any known work arounds (other than using a PC or calling WDW)?

Thanks

Jarienn

It seems there may be a problem with the site. I've been trying to check prices myself since last night and keep getting a message that the server is too busy to process. I use a PC, so it's definitely not just an issue with a Mac.

lilclerk

It could just be the site. It gives people trouble all the time.
Maybe try the low-bandwidth site? Up at the very top of www.disneyworld.com next to the search button, it says "View low-bandwidth site."
It may not help and you may have to try again later, but it's worth a shot.

Pacha

I have the exact same problem with my iBook on that site. Oddly enough, it seems everything else on the site works fine, just not the Quick Quote part. Tried different browsers like Firefox, Safari (old version), Internet Exploder (really old version!) and still no go. Using IE or Firefox on a Windows machine works fine. Rather irritating. :mad:

Best guess is the code behind the quote part of the site uses some Windows specific code that the Mac doesn't have.

beerbaron

Original Poster
Well, I tried the low-bandwidth selection. I had the same issue. I guess it's time to break out my old laptop and see if I can get it to work.

DisneyChik17

I was just playing around with dates and prices this morning and it was working, but yesterday it would not. Best of luck to you! And you can always call and ask. :)

PKD

For the Mac's I would suggest using FireFox instead. The overall experiance in using FireFox on the Mac for the Disney site has always been a better one.

Bolna

I am using Camino on my Mac and it works fine with the Disneyworld site (not with disney.com however). Safari does not work for me either. I am using Camino as a standard as well as Safari and Firefox as so far I have not found one browser for the Mac which is fine with every website.

RedBaron

Maybe try using a differnent browser. I currently dont own a mac, but even with my pc somtimes some sites dont like my default browser (firefox) but if I switch to explorer everything will just work just fine.

MasonDuo

I agree with other posters. Use Firefox -- the Disney reservations will not work for me with Safari but will use Firefox. Good luck.

fmingo36

I get the same problem when using my Mac.
So I have do all my Disney planning on the desktop at work. Oh well, not the worse way to spend the day.:lol:

beerbaron

Original Poster
I am using Camino on my Mac and it works fine with the Disneyworld site (not with disney.com however). Safari does not work for me either. I am using Camino as a standard as well as Safari and Firefox as so far I have not found one browser for the Mac which is fine with every website.

I just tried this suggestion and it worked. Thanks so much.

I had tried Camino before, but always went to disney.com first, and it wouldn't work. Using Camino and going to disneyworld.com works.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom