"Private Dining Available" at the pool(s)?

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey there hi there ho there, sorry I don't know this (as always, spoiler alert - I'm not very bright).

We're doing a split stay later on this year, starting at Kidani Village. On arrival, we're probably going to just have lunch and then go poolside...or eat lunch WHILE poolside. The Maji Pool Bar page has a link to the menu, but it also says "In addition, private dining is available." The photo gallery also specifies private poolside dining, and I was wondering what exactly that meant. My most "edumacated" guess is that you can also order from the in-room dining menu but they'll deliver it to the pool instead of your room? Or can you only access the pool bar menu but you can have your own table and it's therefore "private?"

Thanks in advance.

Kristoff

Below was the best I could find with some quick Google Search:

How the Bento boxes work for Kidani Village guests: Make a call from a house phone and place your order. Your food will arrive and be served to you by the pool, after the staff identify you by a plastic placard. This is an experience that is currently unique to just a few Disney Deluxe Resorts. - Disney Food Blog

Best I could tell from looking online is that the box it comes in is what makes it "private". I never saw any mention of a private table but from pictures it looks like there are a few in the area that you could sit at and they could bring to you.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No clue why it’s called private dining. You just order from a limited menu at the pool bar and they bring you food in a box. It’s nothing fancy, nothing great. But it is food. lol

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Thanks guys, I've since found a little more info, but it's also a bit dated (from 2012), but it jibes with what you've been saying.
http://www.aklresort.com/content/lunch-samawati-springs-maji-pool-bar

Poolside Private Dining is a fun option that can be enjoyed at Samawati Springs. There’s a phone available on the Maji Bar just so you can give Private Dining a call and place your order. Lunches are served in charming bento Boxes and are all accompanied with Minted Greens, Tomato, Cucumber Raita and Mago Pudding for dessert. For those on the Disney Dining Plan, Private Dining uses two table service credits. Options include.

• Turkey Club Sandwich on Whole Grain $13.49
  • Tandoori Chicken on Naan $16.99
  • Tandoori Angus Chuck Burger on Naan $13.99
  • Tandoori Shrimp w/ hummus on Naan-$16.99
  • Vegetable Chickpea Salad w/ hummus on Naan $16.99
  • Grilled Lamb Kefka w/ hummus on Naan $14.49
  • Kids' age 9 and under also have a selection of private dining choices with a Cheeseburger, Meaty Macaroni or a Cheese Pizza all for $8.59.
In addition to the cost of your meal, there is a $3 service charge and 18% mandatory gratuity for poolside delivery. It will take between 30-45 minutes for meals to be delivered.

EDIT - Touringplans also has a page for Maji, along with the various menus for items to order there, the "Private" Bento box items and the booze.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/maji-pool-bar

Last edited:

correcaminos

Effectively you can order certain items from Sanaa to have delivered to you pool side. Much like having room service. So it's not just what you can get at the pool bar :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom