Princess Marathon Pre-race Dining

spookytune

Original Poster
Hello everyone! I will be running the Fairy Tale Challenge during the upcoming Princess Marathon weekend. What is a good place to eat the night before the races? I heard that most of the resorts have a runner's meal during Marathon weekend in January. Does anyone know if the Wilderness Lodge will have a runner's meal for the Princess Marathon? That's where I'll be staying. It's my first challenge weekend, so I don't want to stray to far from the resort.

Thanks!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hello everyone! I will be running the Fairy Tale Challenge during the upcoming Princess Marathon weekend. What is a good place to eat the night before the races? I heard that most of the resorts have a runner's meal during Marathon weekend in January. Does anyone know if the Wilderness Lodge will have a runner's meal for the Princess Marathon? That's where I'll be staying. It's my first challenge weekend, so I don't want to stray to far from the resort.

Thanks!

I stay at the DVC villas at WL for every runDisney race. I don't remember either Whispering Canyons, Roaring Forks or Geyser Point advertising a meal. I just plan on eating carb rich (and somewhat bland) meals the days leading up to the race. And hydrating throughout the day.

Make sure to check the weather before you leave. Sometimes it may be warm for the race days (last year's Half was brutal) or exceptionally cold (like the 2015 5K). Many runners buy cheap hoodies or even bathrobes to wear as you'll be standing around in the corrals for at least one hour. And it's quite a walk from the staging area to the staging corrals for the Half.

JillC LI

You might want to post this question on the Running forum. Lots of good advice over there. What I would suggest is not eating anything too different from your normal diet and not too much either (which is hard to avoid when you're on vacation at Disney). I ate a huge meal at Le Cellier years ago right before the Tower of Terror 13K, and boy did I regret it during the race.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Do as I say, not as I do but I'm eating at
50's Prime Time before the 5k
Sanaa before the 10k
TBD before the half - we're doing lunch at BoG but dinner is TBD right now

Probably won't each much before the half - maybe pasta from the All Star food court or something.

utterlunacy

I do not remember any "runners specific" meals, we have eaten at Terralina in DD and Tutto Italia in World Showcase for pasta. I can also tell you when my wife ran the princess half in 2011 it was 40 degrees before the race and 85 degrees by the time it finished, so dress for the 85 but know you could stand around for a solid hour in the 40, a throw away bathrobe or sweatshirt will definitely come in handy.

Good luck with the run!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I do not remember any "runners specific" meals, we have eaten at Terralina in DD and Tutto Italia in World Showcase for pasta. I can also tell you when my wife ran the princess half in 2011 it was 40 degrees before the race and 85 degrees by the time it finished, so dress for the 85 but know you could stand around for a solid hour in the 40, a throw away bathrobe or sweatshirt will definitely come in handy.

Good luck with the run!

^^THIS

Given how crazy the weather has been so far this year, I'd plan for starts in both the 50s and upper 60s, with ending temps in the 70s. They always say dress for temps 10 degrees higher. Last year's Princess Half was in the mid 80s by the time the race ended, with humidity in the low 80s and no clouds. The most brutal Half I've run since I started runDisney races. The SW Half 2 months later was probably 10 degrees cooler.

Phonedave

Follow the advice of don't eat anything out of the ordinary the day before. But then my pre-marathon dinner was Jambalaya with plenty of hot sauce and a side of beignets at Port Orleans so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom