Princess and the Frog Mini Land in Fantasyland

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
I’ve been thinking about this one a lot lately. Instead of destroying one of the greatest attractions ever made and replacing it with something that will inevitably satisfy nobody, what if they created an interior “New Orleans” area in the back area of Fantasyland that contained an original ride and Tiana’s restaurant? With it being interior, hopefully they’d be able to get around the issue of the fireworks zone with some protective measures on the roof. It would also create fantastic atmosphere, not unlike the Mexico pavilion.

The restaurant is self explanatory. For the ride, I was thinking a boat ride tentatively titled “Journey to the Other Side”. The ride would still focus on Louis (for the sake of having a message since Tiana’s story is mostly complete) but would have heavy presence of the human characters.

You would start off gradual, with a riverboat playing a jazzy instrumental of “When I’m Human”. As you enter the depths of the bayou, you pass Tiana and Naveen dancing (as humans, and they will stay that way for the entire attraction). You will go through an area with tons of bayou animals singing about what they will do “When they’re human”. Guests will pass Louis who will also be singing about becoming a human. Despite being accepted by his friends, he still has a desire to look and be like them. The shadow of Dr Facilier will be spying and scheming.

In the next area, signs will be pointing to a mysterious cave advertising “human transformations! Become a real human!”. This will prompt Louis to go inside. However, Tiana and Naveen get wind of this, and follow close behind, suspicious. Inside the cave is the “Other Side”. Dr Facilier appears, and sings “Friends on the Other Side” to Louis and the guests, tempting him with humanity. He eventually grants Louis his wish, at the expense of turning the guests into frogs (which can be viewed with some visual trickery). Facilier needs the human souls to escape the Other Side (only his shadow could pass before). He sends the boat with the “frog” guests down a path of peril. Tiana and Naveen chase after it, rerouting the boat and saving the guests. Together, with human Louis, the three defeat Facilier reversing the curse.

Leaving the Other Side, Louis is able to close the portal with the strength of his giant chompers. After that, they all sing with the animals about “Digging a Little Deeper”. Even though he’s different, Louis learns to appreciate his differences, and his friends love him because of who he is.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Would this be for Magic Kingdom or Disneyland? For Disneyland I would lean towards finding some space (or expanding a bit further outside the berm) in New Orleans Square instead of replacing Splash, but this is a great idea for WDW

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Would this be for Magic Kingdom or Disneyland? For Disneyland I would lean towards finding some space (or expanding a bit further outside the berm) in New Orleans Square instead of replacing Splash, but this is a great idea for WDW
Magic Kingdom. Under this circumstance, the Disneyland one might still go, if only because of space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom