Princess and Pirates festival

peep

Original Poster
I recently made my third trip of the year to Disneyland Paris to check out the Princess and Pirates festival and thought I'd share my thoughts and photos with you all.

I hated the idea of a Pirates vs Princesses festival when it was announced, mainly because it was replacing the excellent Swing into Spring season. I was silly, this has ended up being one of the most fun things to come to the Resort in terms of entertainment. It's such a colourful event and the music for the Make your choice show/parade is catchy and fun.

During Swing into Spring the other year our favourite moment was the flash mob dances in Central plaza. Well they took that and went to another level, the whole area is just a mass of dancers, characters and acrobatics on the Pirate float. Not many people join in with the dance but we found by the last performance (there's 4 a day) there was an insane energy and Team Pirate had gained a massive following (including us). The "Yo Ho" chants were loud.

TxvbEE.jpg

UNt6eu.jpg

Uqbiy4.jpg

LcR2pm.jpg

RNMjuN.jpg

7UI41O.jpg

8kOYS9.jpg

e58rvj.jpg

49RjRe.jpg

There was also a small Jack Sparrow show over by the big ship in Adventureland, great idea but poor location as not many people can view that area at the same time. It was quite cute though and kids that participated got little certificates.

FGivTm.jpg

Several unique snacks were on offer too so you could show which team you supported.

If this festival returns next year I think I'll have to go back for it, we had such a fun time and invigorated our love again for the Resort. It probably helped we had excellent weather which put everyone into an excellent mood, the cast members everywhere were superb.

I recommend checking out videos on youtube for the addictive music.

All my photos from this trip can be found here

TTA94

I wish they released the soundtrack for this. There’s probably about 5 tracks they could have released. 1. Travel loop 2. Show stop/stage show 3. Pirate Power 4. Princess Power 5. Pirate and Princess Power Instrumental version

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom