Princess and Pirates festival (March 31 - May 31)

DLRP NEWS

Original Poster
Another new season at Disneyland Paris !
Choose princess and you’ll be swept of on an enchantingly royal fairy tale with the likes of Cinderella, Moana and Belle. Choose pirate and you’ll set sail on a swashbuckling adventure with a crew of Disney Characters including Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Mr Smee. With the chance to meet your heroes, dress up*, and immerse yourself in a brand new street sensation, this is a sparkly 25th Anniversary surprise you won’t want to miss.

peep

Honestly very disappointed by this announcement. Swing into Spring was such a great seasonal event, I find it hard to believe this will be anything but a chance to sell more character costumes to kids.

I hope I'm wrong and it's great but it has big shoes to fill.

SweetDuffy101

I have one question, What other entertainment will it offer besides meet & greets? seems like this is getting to be a trend around other parks as well like HKDL. But i’m a bit skeptical anout this new offerings, for me its like a meet and greet food and merch and i think thats it. I guess.

cjkeating

I have one question, What other entertainment will it offer besides meet & greets? seems like this is getting to be a trend around other parks as well like HKDL. But i’m a bit skeptical anout this new offerings, for me its like a meet and greet food and merch and i think thats it. I guess.

I think there will be a (princess) show on castle stage and (possibly) the rumoured new princess float in the parade.

I could also see their being a pirate cavalcade however that is purely my own speculation.

Donald Dutch

Concept arts for the floats below. According to Pixiedust.be this new street show will be preformed on Central Plaza. One of the floats will come from Fantasyland the other one will come from Main Street USA.
DRgftCCX4AES39H.jpg

DRgftB7X4AEcMCu.jpg

Source: @ED92live

The Princess float obviously is the reworked Princess float from the Once Upon A Dream Parade, which was also reworked for Mickey and the gang in the Magic on Parade. The Pirate float also has some familiar forms, my guess is they are revamping the Halloween Pirate float and the Peter Pan / Mary Poppins float from Once Upon A Dream Parade / Magic on Parade:
Peter_Pan_-_Magic_On_Parade_%2811734981344%29.jpg
ph2.jpg

DLRP NEWS

Original Poster
The show premiered yesterday. It's really a fun show and very dynamic ! The princess float is wonderful, the pirates'one is too flashy ...

DZsTHEkX4AApXTp.jpg

Attachments

• 1522622738693.png
    1522622738693.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 239

RunningKoen

It's amazing. It's great to see them doing the show in several places, making smart use of the stages and floats.
The princess float and dresses are great.

Downsides: pirates are too cute and colourfull (The float is cuter than the princess' one) and they have the same music looped for 17 minutes. And the same dance moves. The irish/tap dancing part is great fun. Bit of Brave?

I love the song and I do want the 'normal' version on my phone, the concept is great (princess or pirate, you can choose) and the dance is nice. But after the 50th time of 'Princess Power', it looses it charm.

Merida and Moana/Vaiana are my favorites.

DLRP NEWS

Original Poster
Jimmy Ocean (leader of Team pirates) and Betty Rose (leader of Team princesses) have some nice punchline in reference to float design during the confrontation on Central Plaza !
Jimmy : Betty, what happened ? You start gardening ?
Betty : Oh, you're upset because you were attacked by colour pencils ?

peep

This actually looks really fun (only seen a couple of clips on Twitter) but really looking forward to seeing this in person in May.

Still sad about the lack of Swing into Spring and it feels weird seeing half of that stuff still around Main Street like it's fighting against the new festival.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Has anyone seen the Princess and Pirates Festival and have a mini-review? We are going in May for 2 days and are curious :)

I wasn't all that impressed when I saw it last week. I suppose to get the full effect of it, you need to be closer to Main Street, but we were watching it while waiting in line to get popcorn on the hub near the Tomorrowland entrance. Only heard (and saw) the pirates song and dance about 5 times as we waited. It seemed very "slow moving" to us as in the time we were there (more than 5 minutes) it only seemed to move about 50 feet, if that. We then walked towards Main Street where we saw a princess float on the other side of the hub. At the end, only one group goes up Main Street and it was again the Pirates (but I'm wondering if this changes show to show). The colors were pretty and vibrant against a dreary sky but I won't go out of my way to see it again.

RunningKoen

I wasn't all that impressed when I saw it last week. I suppose to get the full effect of it, you need to be closer to Main Street, but we were watching it while waiting in line to get popcorn on the hub near the Tomorrowland entrance. Only heard (and saw) the pirates song and dance about 5 times as we waited. It seemed very "slow moving" to us as in the time we were there (more than 5 minutes) it only seemed to move about 50 feet, if that. We then walked towards Main Street where we saw a princess float on the other side of the hub. At the end, only one group goes up Main Street and it was again the Pirates (but I'm wondering if this changes show to show). The colors were pretty and vibrant against a dreary sky but I won't go out of my way to see it again.

After watching several videos, it seems like there are different lyrics and dance moves for the castle stage show of either team princess or pirates. They have a 3th version of lyrics for the moment they face off at the newly build stages.

So the melody seemed looped endlessly (but I kinda like it :)) but it's hard to sing along.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
After watching several videos, it seems like there are different lyrics and dance moves for the castle stage show of either team princess or pirates. They have a 3th version of lyrics for the moment they face off at the newly build stages.

So the melody seemed looped endlessly (but I kinda like it :)) but it's hard to sing along.

If you are watching from a side though, you really only get one show (pirates if you are on the Tomorrowland side and princesses on the other. Maybe if it continues this summer I'll give it another go when we go back with my niece.

RunningKoen

If you are watching from a side though, you really only get one show (pirates if you are on the Tomorrowland side and princesses on the other. Maybe if it continues this summer I'll give it another go when we go back with my niece.

I've just done youtube video's. The event isn't nice enough to book a extra DLP trip.
But this video is nice,

It looks like each princess has her own choreo, with little details. Focus on Moana, Jasmine, Merida and Aurora in the bit from 6:20 till 6:50.
Things like this are amazing, but I would never notice it during 1 time of seeing it live.
Or Disney suddenly dropped their level of perfection and this is all coincidence ;-)

DLRP NEWS

Original Poster
It isn't a coincidence ! They really respect each character ! Merida does not care about elegance, Rapunzel hops everywhere, Moana dances like in the islands while Snow White and Cinderella are very straight in their posture. Merida is just amazing, the actress is so good !

RunningKoen

It isn't a coincidence ! They really respect each character ! Merida does not care about elegance, Rapunzel hops everywhere, Moana dances like in the islands while Snow White and Cinderella are very straight in their posture. Merida is just amazing, the actress is so good !

Yeah, after seeing it several times, I really like their performances because of that. It feels so natural how each of the princess is represented in movement. And yet it doesn't feel out of synch or unharmonious. But it it something I wouldn't notice directly.

Because of the lyrics and movements, I'd go for team Princess.
Merida, Jasmine and Moana are my favorite actresses :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom