News Prince Charming Carousel Top Refurbishment

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
Last few weeks or so I've noticed the topper was gone. I asked a manager today and it is under refurbishment!

Attachments

• IMG_5021.JPG
    IMG_5021.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 232

DisneyInsider101

I would love to bring you all an update to SDMT, however, the gentlemen said it's not open for EMH. I asked why and he said SM, SM, and SDMT are closed early for-get this- MAINTENANCE! Space Mountain, Walt Disney world, Maintenance, same sentence?! I told him it's not April 1st. He didn't get it
They sometimes in the morning do a check making sure the ride is ready for operation.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I would love to bring you all an update to SDMT, however, the gentlemen said it's not open for EMH. I asked why and he said SM, SM, and SDMT are closed early for-get this- MAINTENANCE! Space Mountain, Walt Disney world, Maintenance, same sentence?! I told him it's not April 1st. He didn't get it

So they are performing regular maintenance on popular attractions and people are now complaining about that too?

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
So they are performing regular maintenance on popular attractions and people are now complaining about that too?
Not complaining but I highly doubt they did any actual maintenance. Lots of the sound FX yesterday were not working. The ride broke down yesterday. They just don't want to staff it and are using the guise of maintaining it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not complaining but I highly doubt they did any actual maintenance. Lots of the sound FX yesterday were not working. The ride broke down yesterday. They just don't want to staff it and are using the guise of maintaining it.

Every one of those attractions has a mandatory overnight maintenance and inspection cycle they must go through every day. When they had the 24 hours days, each of them went down for a period overnight to complete that preventive maintenance and inspection cycle before reopening some number of hours later for the next operating day. Maintenance is not just fixing some audio issue you believe you experienced, it includes inspecting and repairing (if needed) the entire ride system, the ride vehicles, etc. proactively on a daily basis to maintain safe operation of the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom