News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

John park hopper

Now that Stitch is closed go to the warehouse and bring back Alien Encounter. We were at WDW in may 2019 and the my son and granddaughters waited in line to get on Primeval Whirl and just as they were about to get on it shut down---must have been for good. Always reminded me of a traveling carnival ride not worthy off Disney. Enjoyed River of Lights though

Jphaddad96

We currently have plans in development for Pixar Pier to take over DinoLand. TriceraTop Spin will be rethemed to Trixie's TriceraTop Spin, and you guessed it, my favorite ride INSIDE OUT EMOTIONAL WHIRLWIND will be coming to Animal Kingdom as well! The Finding Nemo musical will be annexed into Pixar Pier, and finally, Dinosaur will be reimagined into an attraction based off of The Incredibles!

Coming Summer 2030!

This is legit or what?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

I thought the rumor was a double-decker carousel with oppositional motion and projections the kept pace with riders. Hardly a cheap off-the-shelf flat ride.

that was the rumor at one point, however, the latest rumor seemed To suggest some teacups. Not sure the validity of that, but that’s what went around.

SirWillow

Oh I know it won't happen this year, or next, but please tell me C&H gets replaced. The boneyard is actually well-done and truly fun for small kids and Dinosaur is okay, but the rest of the land needs a complete overhaul. Hopefully, imagineers can now begin dreaming up something awesome for this space and when the time is ripe to pull the plug, plans are already in place.

That actually sums up my feelings about the land as well. I think the boneyard area is pretty neat. I know when my kids were younger they really liked it. It can certainly still fit into a "real" dinosaur theme area of the park. And Dinosaur still views for my daughter's favorite ride in park, even at age 25. And yes, she's been on Flight of Passage.

None of us every really liked Dino Rama.

I never went to Disneyland, but I read Disney California Adventure was a big disappointment in its early years with complaints about the park. Superstar Limo was so bad a ride that it did not even last a year before it closed down despite it being a DCA grand opening attraction.

the original version of DCA gets an overhyped bad rap. Honestly it was nowhere near the wreck that so many make it out to be, and there are actually parts of it that I prefer to what is there now (e.g. Paradise Pier vs. Pixar Pier and the old Condor Flats area). Were there parts that needed some help? Sure. But that's true of pretty much every new park. The entrance area and Hollywood is much nicer, though I admit I struggle with the loss of the murals, Golden Gate monorail bridge and the letters out front. The sun fountain- no loss there.

Superstar Limo's issues was that it was dated even when it opened, with "stars" that were current but some of which were already fading out, and the caricatures were a bit on the creepy side for some. We thought it was hilarious fun, though I can also see why some didn't enjoy it. Yes, Monster's Inc is a much better ride and a big improvement. But I'd take Superstar Limo over Dino Rama any day.

The simple truth of the matter- if the things that were considered "failures" in early DCA were done at any park other than Disney, they almost all would have been considered outstanding successes. It's only because of the super high expectations.

And that when DCA opened it only had a handful of attractions compared to the park that was a 5 minute walk away from it. But actually had more in it and more to do than Animal Kingdom and MGM did when they opened.

You know, everyone seems to hate the ride but at the rate Disney continues to slap him on Epcot merch and event things, there's gotta be a pretty universal love for the character. People are obviously buying the stuff.

So I have an idea: Disney can make a movie about Figment!

Ack!! Not a movie! I love Figment, and I would venture to say that his popularity at Epcot actually outdoes Mickey. Just at Epcot mind you, not in the other parks. He needs a ride and a pavilion worthy of what he's become in the minds of many of the guests.

However, you get out of Epcot and people don't know who he is most the time. Even with Favreau a Figment movie would likely bomb.

I get the humor. but no. :)

Basil of Baker Street

As long as everyone is throwing out their want list. I say:
Fill in the lake
Level Dino Rama
Give Nemo the boot. Last time I went I couldn't even make it to the end. Ive seen it enough and the seats are horribly uncomfortable.
That would make good size area for a new land and use the Nemo building for a dark ride.

SilentWindODoom

As long as everyone is throwing out their want list. I say:
Fill in the lake
Level Dino Rama
Give Nemo the boot. Last time I went I couldn't even make it to the end. Ive seen it enough and the seats are horribly uncomfortable.
That would make good size area for a new land and use the Nemo building for a dark ride.

Do you mean the water between Nemo/Everest and Discovery Island? But... then the name wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't be an island anymore. It would be...

3-D

That actually sums up my feelings about the land as well. I think the boneyard area is pretty neat. I know when my kids were younger they really liked it. It can certainly still fit into a "real" dinosaur theme area of the park. And Dinosaur still views for my daughter's favorite ride in park, even at age 25. And yes, she's been on Flight of Passage.

None of us every really liked Dino Rama.

the original version of DCA gets an overhyped bad rap. Honestly it was nowhere near the wreck that so many make it out to be, and there are actually parts of it that I prefer to what is there now (e.g. Paradise Pier vs. Pixar Pier and the old Condor Flats area). Were there parts that needed some help? Sure. But that's true of pretty much every new park. The entrance area and Hollywood is much nicer, though I admit I struggle with the loss of the murals, Golden Gate monorail bridge and the letters out front. The sun fountain- no loss there.

Superstar Limo's issues was that it was dated even when it opened, with "stars" that were current but some of which were already fading out, and the caricatures were a bit on the creepy side for some. We thought it was hilarious fun, though I can also see why some didn't enjoy it. Yes, Monster's Inc is a much better ride and a big improvement. But I'd take Superstar Limo over Dino Rama any day.

The simple truth of the matter- if the things that were considered "failures" in early DCA were done at any park other than Disney, they almost all would have been considered outstanding successes. It's only because of the super high expectations.

And that when DCA opened it only had a handful of attractions compared to the park that was a 5 minute walk away from it. But actually had more in it and more to do than Animal Kingdom and MGM did when they opened.

Ack!! Not a movie! I love Figment, and I would venture to say that his popularity at Epcot actually outdoes Mickey. Just at Epcot mind you, not in the other parks. He needs a ride and a pavilion worthy of what he's become in the minds of many of the guests.

However, you get out of Epcot and people don't know who he is most the time. Even with Favreau a Figment movie would likely bomb.

I get the humor. but no. :)

I don’t think a big budget fantasy adventure film about Figment and Dreamfinder would bomb. At all. Especially with Favreau.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom