News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

FigmentFan82

I know there was speculation early on that something themed to Wreck It Ralph might go in where Stitch was. I like that IP a lot, though I know many probably have mixed feelings about it. But Wreck It Ralph has a very notable distinction among Disney animated features.
Not including the direct to video sequels that were churned out in the heyday of VHS...aside from Frozen, I believe Wreck It Ralph is the only other Disney Animation Studios IP that has gotten a legit theatrical sequel that had the full backing of the studio. Correct? It's just Frozen and Ralph that have true sequels from Disney Animation (not Pixar).
That's kinda wild.
I'd enjoy a Ralph attraction.

UNCgolf

I know there was speculation early on that something themed to Wreck It Ralph might go in where Stitch was. I like that IP a lot, though I know many probably have mixed feelings about it. But Wreck It Ralph has a very notable distinction among Disney animated features.
Not including the direct to video sequels that were churned out in the heyday of VHS...aside from Frozen, I believe Wreck It Ralph is the only other Disney Animation Studios IP that has gotten a legit theatrical sequel that had the full backing of the studio. Correct? It's just Frozen and Ralph that have true sequels from Disney Animation (not Pixar).
That's kinda wild.

The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under.

I think that's the only other one.

UNCgolf

Yeah, I had memories of going to see Return to Neverland in theaters, but apparently that's not an "official" part of the canon.
Weird.

Even though it was released in theaters, it wasn't produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios but was instead made by Disney MovieToons, which is the one that made all the direct to video sequels.

Animaniac93-98

That's kinda wild.

Fantasia 2000, and as previously mentioned, The Rescuers Down Under

yensidtlaw1969

A high-capacity ominmover full of air-conditioning. Yes, please!
Some light corrections - Mystic Manor isn't an omnimover, and its capacity is only around 1400 an hour, which is good but not great. That's about what Rise of the Resistance does (when running smoothly) and less than half of what Pirates can do. Though Pirates is nearly the gold standard for ride capacity.

Not to mention my main quibble about Mystic Manor in Animal Kingdom . . . that it's not at all about animals, it just has a cartoon one as a main character. It would have to be seriously retooled to make sense in AK - like, to the point where it wouldn't even be Mystic Manor anymore.

UNCgolf

Some light corrections - Mystic Manor isn't an omnimover, and its capacity is only around 1400 an hour, which is good but not great. That's about what Rise of the Resistance does (when running smoothly) and less than half of what Pirates can do. Though Pirates is nearly the gold standard for ride capacity.

Not to mention my main quibble about Mystic Manor in Animal Kingdom . . . that it's not at all about animals, it just has a cartoon one as a main character. It would have to be seriously retooled to make sense in AK - like, to the point where it wouldn't even be Mystic Manor anymore.

It would make far more sense in Adventureland than in Animal Kingdom.

Touchdown

If this became the e ticket for a South America section that also had a new zoological attraction as well (imagine a real jungle cruise, if Aquatica San Diego can turn a lazy River into a zoological attraction, Disney can turn iasw boats into a zoological attraction too) I would be all for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom