News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

doctornick

We already have an alien land populated by giant aliens at AK. We also have 2 Sci Fi lands (Dinoland and Avatar) I would prefer either another new real local (Australia, South America) but with the IP mandate that’s not happening, so I’ll take a fantasy based land (Shang Chi) or heck, The Lost Continent area that was based on it and Dueling Dragons is gone Beastly Kingdom’s time has come!

I'd much rather see them just do another continent - whether South America or Australia (either would bring a new area to WDW) or even just a North American forest (kinda like the theming for Camp Mickey Minnie). Any of those could utilize existing IPs for attractions while potentially bringing in some new live animals.

pdude81

We already have an alien land populated by giant aliens at AK. We also have 2 Sci Fi lands (Dinoland and Avatar) I would prefer either another new real local (Australia, South America) but with the IP mandate that’s not happening, so I’ll take a fantasy based land (Shang Chi) or heck, The Lost Continent area that was based on it and Dueling Dragons is gone Beastly Kingdom’s time has come!
I'm not saying we should do that, only that it's one of the few places thematically appropriate once we've moved past the real-world barrier. I'd rather it be a real location and them put in IP based rides than to jam up a whole land with something that gets dated. So if they wanted to annex part of Dinoland into Asia and turn Dinosaur into a Dr. Strange ride I could see that as doable.
I'd much rather see them just do another continent - whether South America or Australia (either would bring a new area to WDW) or even just a North American forest (kinda like the theming for Camp Mickey Minnie). Any of those could utilize existing IPs for attractions while potentially bringing in some new live animals.
This would work fairly well, especially if they just reworked it to "Down Under" so that they can use Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania easily, plus likely work in mythology from Indonesia or Papa New Guinea. The only problem here is that the areas have notoriously dangerous animals and we don't need to fill up DAK with a bunch of scary rides/experiences.

As cheesey as it is I enjoy Dinoland USA. There needs to be a replacement for PW but I don't see retheming this area as a strategic need. My preference would be that they build in the huge open area behind the RFP train stop and put a big new land there. I'm assuming it might put some strain on the number of people that could be moved, so a third train station could be added to allow for moving 50% more humans at a time. A pedestrian walkway would be nice but that's an odd location that would require some sort of bridge or tunnel past the road and train crossings.

RSoxNo1

We did a DAK buildout on my show and my proposal included a re-districting of Everest into a Mythical animal area I dubbed (eye rolls please...) Beastly SEAport. Included in that area was Mystic Manor, an adjacent SEA inspired restaurant and a Shang-Chi / Ta Lo boat ride.

Animal Kingdom is the likeliest destination for the next major attraction announcement. They could go with another off the shelf roller coaster in Dinoland, they could really do any number of things in that area. But I believe, they need a family friendly (no height requirement) draw on that side of the park and I sincerely hope that's the move, whatever the theme may be.

pdude81

Nah, if they shoehorned in any Star Wars into DAK, it'd be Endor. The Ewoks sub-franchise had all manner of critters in it.
Endor would be more well known and successful, but I contend it wouldn't fit in DAK. Would love something over next to Star Tours in DHS though, even if just a speeder ride/coaster.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Endor would be more well known and successful, but I contend it wouldn't fit in DAK. Would love something over next to Star Tours in DHS though, even if just a speeder ride/coaster.
Endor is basically just Pandora by way of the Pacific Northwest. Ewoks are just really short Na'vi as they're both tree worshipping Native American stand-ins. The banshees are just condor dragons or the mantigrue. The whole thing with the Ewoks defeating Stormtroopers so easily is a "Nature vs Technology" conflict. Ewoks have their own hang-glider technology and you can throw in a regular petting zoo since Ewoks actually domesticate regular looking donkeys, llamas and chickens.

pdude81

Endor is basically just Pandora by way of the Pacific Northwest. Ewoks are just really short Na'vi as they're both tree worshipping Native American stand-ins. The banshees are just condor dragons or the mantigrue. The whole thing with the Ewoks defeating Stormtroopers so easily is a "Nature vs Technology" conflict. Ewoks have their own hang-glider technology and you can throw in a regular petting zoo since Ewoks actually domesticate regular looking donkeys, llamas and chickens.
Endor moon with Ewoks would be incredible, but Kashyyyk legitimately maps to issues of conservation/deforestation and already has rad storylines with Yoda and the cone wars.

FutureMan

I’m surprised people are talking more about North America being the replacement. Isn’t the 2.0 Finding Nemo musical set in California? Dinosaur seems to be in America too. To me, the area is already halfway there.

TikibirdLand

Endor moon with Ewoks would be incredible, but Kashyyyk legitimately maps to issues of conservation/deforestation and already has rad storylines with Yoda and the cone wars.
Didn't realize that Beldar and Prymatt were fighting it out.Can't they share parenting equally? Shouldn't they be thinking of the kids? I mean, those kids have got to have emotional problems being coneheads in a human world, after all...

Oh, clone wars. Sorry about that!

kevlightyear

Primeval Whirl has been removed from the map:

primeval whirl.jpeg

Movielover

I’m surprised people are talking more about North America being the replacement. Isn’t the 2.0 Finding Nemo musical set in California? Dinosaur seems to be in America too. To me, the area is already halfway there.
Not halfway,, Dinoland U.S.A. is America... it's kinda in the name and the whole theme of the land.

Bocabear

Hopefully they will scrape the earth and start over...it is a large piece of real estate to let languish...Excavator Coaster if they are to keep the Dinosaur theme? Or move the Spinner over to ToyStory Land where another attraction is needed and start something fresh in this location...

TikibirdLand

Hopefully they will scrape the earth and start over...it is a large piece of real estate to let languish...Excavator Coaster if they are to keep the Dinosaur theme? Or move the Spinner over to ToyStory Land where another attraction is needed and start something fresh in this location...
Or, leave the equipment there and let the grown-ups pay to take them on test drives -- while staying in the dirt pile!
On second thought, it might too good of an idea; once the guests get done 'around the world', they may want to take turns driving them. Mass chaos ensues!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom