News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

MagicHappens1971

It could if they used it like Pandora, but I think we all know they wouldn't -- it would be an excuse to heavily feature Shang-Chi and potentially bring in other Marvel characters that aren't contractually banned.
It’s a slippery slope, but aside from GOTG, & Doctor Strange, I don’t think there are any other lucrative properties they could use. They could probably shoehorn something Doctor Strange into AK. How it would connect to Ta Lo, I’m unsure. But Ta Lo’s scenery could lend to a beautiful flume drop ride, maybe even a coaster, lord knows AK could use the capacity and I think we all know we’re long past the concept of any original attractions for the parks

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...and then Animal Kingdom will continue its journey to being just another bland IP-backwash park, following in Big Brother Epcot's footsteps.
It's too late for that. Any new ride will be based on established, (mostly) popular, extant IP. That's a given.

Any sort of wishlist or hope-filled recommendations to the powers that be is to let them know which IP we'd prefer.

ohioguy

With the success of Zootopia, and the upcoming Disney+ Zootopia series, AK is crying out for a land based on this IP. It's the natural fit. Disney also now owns Ice Age, which has been a highly successful series of films.

Jrb1979

I don’t get the hate for IP rides but giving a c list Marvel character a ride would be so unnecessary. So many more IPs deserve a ride.
For me IP has never been a draw. IMO the best Disney rides were the original Epcot ones that had no IP attached.

RSoxNo1

...and then Animal Kingdom will continue its journey to being just another bland IP-backwash park, following in Big Brother Epcot's footsteps.
IPs aren't the problem. IPs are allowed, they just need to be thematically appropriate. Shang Chi is thematically appropriate for a mystical animal section of DAK.

Poseidon Quest

IPs aren't the problem. IPs are allowed, they just need to be thematically appropriate. Shang Chi is thematically appropriate for a mystical animal section of DAK.

No, not really. The mythical animals of Beastly Kingdom were based on thousands of years worth of myths, having played a large part in many different cultures. They were an aspect of human relationships to animals, which is the theme of the park. A few CGI Pokémon from Shang-Chi is not equivalent and is very thematically inappropriate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom