News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Magic Feather

Another presumably unpopular opinion of mine is that the other thing that this area would be good for is Disney's first actually high intensity coaster. Even if they scrap the Rama aesthetic and extend the Boneyard's environment, I can't think of another environment Disney has that could reasonably accommodate an attraction with a large, partially exposed coaster. Sure Everest is right there, but I'm talking about one that dwarfs Everest in intensity. Now, will this ever happen? Probably not, but it would be cool.

999th Happy Haunt

you know Zootopia would ... ow ...ow...ok, I'm leaving! geesh!
F0B088AC-5946-47FA-835C-85C51B5EEA31.gif

999th Happy Haunt

Another presumably unpopular opinion of mine is that the other thing that this area would be good for is Disney's first actually high intensity coaster. Even if they scrap the Rama aesthetic and extend the Boneyard's environment, I can't think of another environment Disney has that could reasonably accommodate an attraction with a large, partially exposed coaster. Sure Everest is right there, but I'm talking about one that dwarfs Everest in intensity. Now, will this ever happen? Probably not, but it would be cool.
Universal would like to have a word about high intensity large exposed dinosaur themed coasters.

I hope Disney doesn't build this type of coaster. Disney attractions should aim to be enjoyable for the whole family, from relatively young children to grandparents.

DC0703

I hope Disney doesn't build this type of coaster. Disney attractions should aim to be enjoyable for the whole family, from relatively young children to grandparents.
I agree... Both DAK and DHS have a shortage of non-thrill rides and could desperately use more. In pre-Covid times, they at least had some shows to fill in the gaps. These days, there is a lot less to do in either park if you don't like more intense rides.

If they are keeping the Dino theme, I'd love a boat ride - kind of like Jurassic Park minus the drop.

ToTBellHop

I agree... Both DAK and DHS have a shortage of non-thrill rides and could desperately use more. In pre-Covid times, they at least had some shows to fill in the gaps. These days, there is a lot less to do in either park if you don't like more intense rides.

If they are keeping the Dino theme, I'd love a boat ride - kind of like Jurassic Park minus the drop.
At their construction pace, any existing human would be tall enough by the time it opens…

Dunston

While not finalized, Prime's replacement is DAK's next major-ish project. They had some huge dreams for the plot, but they appear to be shrinking. Original plans were for an E, now I'm not so sure. Construction for the replacement itself though likely won't begin for over a year. I could see this being a good d23 '22 announcement though.
Well this is pretty huge

RMC! RMC!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'm under the impression that the plan is to keep Dinosaur mostly untouched (except for a couple of exterior changes that are unrelated and should be taking place soon). Presumably Restaurantosaurus and Boneyard would likewise be untouched. I've heard mixed things about Triceratop Spin.
re: TriceraTop Spin... Is one of the rumors that they'll relocate it where in belongs? In Toy Story land? Cause that needs to happen!

Fox&Hound

Question: @Magic Feather - you said the plans were pretty major but then started shrinking. Did they shrink due to budget cuts or changing IPS? Did the Nemo theatre staying open change things? Thanks for any info you can provide...

UNCgolf

I hope Disney never comes close to building a coaster like that at any park (Slinky Dog Dash is bad enough, although at least it's for families), but if they ever do, Animal Kingdom seems like the worst choice of the four. Original EPCOT would have probably been worse -- the World Showcase specifically would still be worse -- but not current World Discovery or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

Poseidon Quest

I see that the conversation has drifted towards a family coaster that serves as a spiritual successor to The Excavator and this is exactly what I've wanted to come to the area for a while. I doubt anything will happen without an IP attached, but it's fun to dream.

DisneyDean97

Ah great minds think alike. I've been saying this for years, Animal Kingdom would be the best park for Disney's next crack at a more thrilling coaster, something similar to intensity to RNRC. Imagine something like Baron 1898 at Efteling (imagine below) but instead of that theme, Disney could theme it to some industrial dig site.
I understand and get Disney isn't Universal, and doesn't really cater to the thrill market, but man, if Disney listened to some of you guys and never built thrill rides we would have never gotten the masterpieces like Expedition Everest or Tower of Terror.

Attachments

• 11722515_10153571129203854_3443789447110034595_o.jpg
    11722515_10153571129203854_3443789447110034595_o.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 81

Moka

I was actually surprised to hear PW being taken apart so soon. I would have sworn Disney was just going to let it sit there forever and ever. But thinking about it... it'll be scrapped THEN they can let that area sit there forever and ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom