Primeval Whirl Refurbishment

wickedfan07

Original Poster
Primeval Whirl closed on the 17th and will be closed until April 5. does anyone know what work is being done? I know it wad closed for several months a year or two ago as well.

I also found it interesting that both Kali Rivers Rapids and Primeval Whirl were closed at the same time for two weeks. That's a decent chunk of AK's attractions gone when you think about it.

beyondyou

i know that kali isnt going to get anything major done to it by any means. I'm sure the whirl is just getting a new coat of paint

rustysgirl

its opening back up april 5? i thought it was april 17th or something close to that? i looked at the official disney site at april 15th when i'm goin to animal kingdom & the calendar says its gonna be closed then. which makes me sad cuz theres already not too many rides that i can do there and i like that one :cry:

Jrn14

Last time I rode A LOT of the effects weren't working and it for sure could use a nice fresh coat of paint. It was the right time to clean this puppy up... A bit surprised by the length, but oh welll I suppose.. It would be nice if they gave the ride a bit more gusto... I feel as if they really really have tamed it down a tad too much.

RSoxNo1

Last time I rode A LOT of the effects weren't working and it for sure could use a nice fresh coat of paint. It was the right time to clean this puppy up... A bit surprised by the length, but oh welll I suppose.. It would be nice if they gave the ride a bit more gusto... I feel as if they really really have tamed it down a tad too much.

There are effects on this ride? Who knew?

I do think that they should be running Fastpass every day when it's open, but that's another complaint for another day.

MileLongBar

Hopefully it'll be getting a good scrubbing with the surface of a wrecking ball...

HaHa exactlly what a horrible ride. What ever happened to "Imagineering"? I mean that ride and that whole area are pathetic, thanks to Eisner. What an idiot Michael Eisner was. He decided to build dino-land usa over beastlie kingdomm! God, I mean I actually respect Eisner for saving the mouse from being bought out, but I hate him for this idiotic move. To promote a stupid movie we got screwed out of an incredible Animal Kingdom.

ToTBellHop

HaHa exactlly what a horrible ride. What ever happened to "Imagineering"? I mean that ride and that whole area are pathetic, thanks to Eisner. What an idiot Michael Eisner was. He decided to build dino-land usa over beastlie kingdomm! God, I mean I actually respect Eisner for saving the mouse from being bought out, but I hate him for this idiotic move. To promote a stupid movie we got screwed out of an incredible Animal Kingdom.
Eisner may have made some poor decisions toward the end of his tenure, but the 90s especially were fantastic for the Walt Disney Co. and especially Disney World. In his defense, there was a tourism drop off in the early 2000s and this was a cheap, quick fix. Eisney also approved Expedition Everest.

Jrn14

There are effects on this ride? Who knew?

I do think that they should be running Fastpass every day when it's open, but that's another complaint for another day.

lol, I know sometimes I think i might have been dreaming but I distinctly remember the dinosaur's legs moved, the clocks moved, there were sound effects, the astroids moved... etc.

RSoxNo1

lol, I know sometimes I think i might have been dreaming but I distinctly remember the dinosaur's legs moved, the clocks moved, there were sound effects, the astroids moved... etc.

Was one of the other special effects that you weren't in pain after riding it?

worldfanatic

Eisner may have made some poor decisions toward the end of his tenure, but the 90s especially were fantastic for the Walt Disney Co. and especially Disney World. In his defense, there was a tourism drop off in the early 2000s and this was a cheap, quick fix. Eisney also approved Expedition Everest.

Perfectly said. He made some idiot moves. But some awesome ones also.
Eisner was also personally responsible for the amazing Disney Resort expansion.

Staying within the Magic is much more available and affordable thanks to him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom