News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

kpilcher

What if WDI are taking the down time to scope out the ride, space and area to tear down Whirl and Build Raging Spirits in its place....change Dino to Indy and.....IJL it is.
I’ve never met anyone who has ridden Raging Spirits or its sister ride in Paris that would see it as an upgrade to Primeval Whirl. Most people describe it as underwhelming, painful or both. But at least Tokyo’s version is prettier.

Absimilliard

I’ve never met anyone who has ridden Raging Spirits or its sister ride in Paris that would see it as an upgrade to Primeval Whirl. Most people describe it as underwhelming, painful or both. But at least Tokyo’s version is prettier.

Raging Spirits is a fun and pretty coaster. Much better than Primeval Whirl, Rock n Roller Coaster.

ThemeParkTraveller

Raging Spirits is much smoother and enjoyable than its equivalent in Paris. They completely redid the the track several years back if I remember correctly. It's also one of the most beautifully themed coasters, especially for such a small footprint. It would be a huge upgrade over the cheap and minimally themed Primeval Whirl.

BrerJon

Raging Spirits is much smoother and enjoyable than its equivalent in Paris. They completely redid the the track several years back if I remember correctly. It's also one of the most beautifully themed coasters, especially for such a small footprint. It would be a huge upgrade over the cheap and minimally themed Primeval Whirl.

I agree. I've ridden all three and would rank them 1) Raging Spirits 2) Indy Paris and 3) Primeval Whirl a looong, long way below the other two.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Raging Spirits is definitely smoother and nicer than the one in Paris. But even Indy in Paris, is still much, much better than Primeval Whirl. Raging Spirits is one of the best themed coasters in the world, actually. They put everything they had into a small footprint for the ride. It is especially great at night. Fire effects, water effects, and fog effects are everywhere. It is beautiful. Primeval Whirl is cheap, and tacky. It's also very rough and jarring. Raging Spirits would certainly be a massive upgrade over Primeval Whirl.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What is up with people wanting Indiana Jones to replace a dinosaur themed area in ANIMAL kingdom? Good lord, that sounds terrible.

Lowkey, I wish Disney would create a new Dinosaur movie (potentially NOT as bad as The Good Dinosaur). Maybe go with the original idea that they had for the 2000 film, since they've mastered the art of CGI with those remakes.

Bairstow

What is up with people wanting Indiana Jones to replace a dinosaur themed area in ANIMAL kingdom? Good lord, that sounds terrible.

"Dinosaur"/CTX is the worst existing use of its ride hardware and people assume it would be easy and cheap for Disney to swap the theme of the Florida version to Forbidden Eye, but I agree that there is absolutely no way that this would be a thematically viable change for the park.

WondersOfLife

"Dinosaur"/CTX is the worst existing use of its ride hardware and people assume it would be easy and cheap for Disney to swap the theme of the Florida version to Forbidden Eye, but I agree that there is absolutely no way that this would be a thematically viable change for the park.
Personally, Dinosaur is my all-time favorite ride of any park. I've been on Indiana Jones at Disneyland and it was very good. But ever since I was a little kid, dinosaurs have always been my favorite. At that age, it was so cool to travel "back in time" to capture a dino. PLUS, Dinosaur ALWAYS has the most hilarious on-ride pictures. xD

I do believe that Dinosaur could go under a massive (and I mean massive) refurb where there are not any pitch black rooms, and the AAs were upgraded. Imagine how much better Dinosaur could be with the upgraded technology and scenic design expertise of today.

I've always agreed that the rest of Dinoland falls flat, though. But I'd much prefer a brand new dino-land as opposed to Indiana Jones. I believe Indy needs more park presence, but at HS. Not Animal Kingdom.

WondersOfLife

Am I the only one that likes Primeval? :cautious:
I actually enjoy it! I love wild mouse coasters. I do wish it was a more themed coaster, though. They have a good idea going with those cartoon characters and whatnot. Maybe make it enclosed with thematic elements. Wouldn't it be lit to have a legit themed indoor wild mouse coaster-type dark ride.

Jones14

They could always clone the Raging Spirits coaster layout and then theme it to the boneyard, turning the DinoRama area into the outdoor portion of the Dino Institute.

Refurb Triceratops to be less gaudy, rip out the carnival games and expand the playground, and boom, the land’s refreshed.

KikoKea

We often skip Dinoland entirely during our half-days at AK, and pretty much anything different in the area would be an improvement.
I would rather they clear most of the carnival area and put in several kiddie rides with a fountain, and benches in the shade, if nothing else, which would give families a place to let the little ones a place to runaround.

ILOVEDISNEY

For what’s it worth, I heard on a YouTube video recently that PW is leased by Disney and the company owning/maintaining it is no longer in business.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Everyone so far has just been saying "No," without an explanation, so let me provide some insight.

I'll disagree with your Pandora trope, as IMHO it's an embodiment of 60s bunny hugging counter culture that ignores what it takes to sustain even the most minimal level of what we call civilization. The strawman foil they chose even is named "unobtainium" "Evil" is defined as the bumbling military, who lack even rudimentary knowledge of what they face in opposition. Any half wit would seize on the expose nerve sheaths on the wild life and Navi to either incapacitate or eliminate them.

That rant aside, Zootopia is about manipulating the public via the media not animals.

doctornick

Am I the only one that likes Primeval? :cautious:

I like it well enough. I wouldn't shed a tear if it were closed and replaced by something better, but I think it's a reasonable fun amusing ride. Triceratops Spin I think it the bigger disappointment as it is both nonsensical and boring. And I also have an issue with Dino Rama having only two rides when having another 1-2 small rides would have really helped out the park. Would be better use of the space than the silly carnival games.

I think Primeval Whirl is far better than the row of boring generic carnival rides at Paradise Pier in DCA

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom